What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm not just not a fan of LED headlights... like the old school look....
In MY opinion LED's have there place and technology is awesome....but not on the front of my TJ.
As for 'getting with the program' I bought a Jeep so I don't follow the world of SUV's and electric vehicles and that program .:rolleyes:
Holley Retrofit, old school yellow, new school white, you pick and all in a designed to be LED housing that looks old school.

Thanks for the heads up but mine aren't that yellow anymore.... I had a sparky friend of mine do some magic with the wiring and they are bright...not white.
Getting stuff certified out here in NZ can be difficult as well.
Yup, IMO it's more about getting the voltage to the lights, not the bulb.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Don't know yet but I guarantee you that no matter how they are, the light police will find something they don't like about them.
True. They appear to have the important stuff like a good cutoff. Not class leading brightness but far better than stock and any cheap Chinese Amazon copy. Seems like a good option to me. I like that the emitter can be replaced which allows you to both repair them or change the light you use if you want a modern look sometimes or old school yellow others. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Fonz54
And finally finished the installation of the Auxbeam 8 Switch illuminated panel. NE winter put a major damper on progress, but it's done. The switch label installed is a test only.. I know have the front and rear aux lights, OBA, dome light & rock lights queued up.
Backlight is wired to running lights. Dimmer is installed out of view. Probably going to remove the passenger airbag defeat panel but for now it's fine as is.

Also added a small digital clock. The head unit has no clock and it drives me nuts.

2022-03-13 TJ Digial Clock 39.jpg

Got a move on the CB install as well...

Here's a question.. the Firestick has what looks like a ground wire zip tied at its' base. Can I ground that to the screw for the tailgate bar bracket?
2022-02-12 TJ CB Antenna 56.jpg

True. They appear to have the important stuff like a good cutoff. Not class leading brightness but far better than stock and any cheap Chinese Amazon copy. Seems like a good option to me. I like that the emitter can be replaced which allows you to both repair them or change the light you use if you want a modern look sometimes or old school yellow others. Pretty cool.
I could not justify the 400 clams for a daily driver run around town TJ, with very limited nightly "cruzing"

Reactions: matkal
I could not justify the 400 clams for a daily driver run around town TJ, with very limited nightly "cruzing"
Different strokes. I despise knockoff LEDs, I’m not a real big fan of halogen, and I don’t mind paying what it costs for one of the higher end lights. $400 isn’t even close to what I spent on my truck’s headlights. Those are also a fashion piece as much as they are an improvement. I can see why a lot of people wouldn’t want to pay much, but I don’t mind.

The Toyota headlight mod is the best bang for the buck ($70?)IMO. Unfortunately for me I heard about it just after I ordered a set of Cibie H4 housings , about $130 with 80/100 watt bulbs.

Got a move on the CB install as well...

Here's a question.. the Firestick has what looks like a ground wire zip tied at its' base. Can I ground that to the screw for the tailgate bar bracket?
View attachment 315818
Although I can’t see it all, that wire looks like the coax that goes back to the radio. That’s not a ground wire.

Different strokes. I despise knockoff LEDs, I’m not a real big fan of halogen, and I don’t mind paying what it costs for one of the higher end lights. $400 isn’t even close to what I spent on my truck’s headlights. Those are also a fashion piece as much as they are an improvement. I can see why a lot of people wouldn’t want to pay much, but I don’t mind.
to each their own....Holleys are not knock offs

Reactions: L J