What did you do to your TJ today?

LOVE 2-Strokes! (that's not what she said. Unfortunately)
Man they are so good now, smooth, manageable power in a light chassis - The Austrians really have perfected them for dirt bikes. This one has transfer port injection- It injects the fuel into the side of the cylinder head, and constantly changes the oil- fuel ratio as needed.

Reactions: josb612 and matkal
Man they are so good now, smooth, manageable power in a light chassis - The Austrians really have perfected them for dirt bikes. This one has transfer port injection- It injects the fuel into the side of the cylinder head, and constantly changes the oil- fuel ratio as needed.
Being Austrian does it sound like the VonTraps in "The Sound of Music". :cool: :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Rear main seal...oil pan gasket...still chasing zero oil pressure at idle when she warms up...not happy with the bearings...threw a Melling oil pump and pickup tube in while I was at it...scraped a metric ton of sludge out of the pan and sides. Timing chain feels loose too...headed towards a driveway rebuild if by tomorrow when the room temperature vulcanization stuff cures in 40 degree weather and I take her for a test drive and I end up with the same zero at hot idle...I did change the sensor out the other day and cleaned the passage out with pipe cleaners aka fuzzy sticks ala Wally Mart. SS tubes rear axle hard lines showed up too... waiting for the Crown 4" lift soft lines later this week...I put all the old shit in last weekend to drive the Jeep...so it should be easy since all the bolts have been cycled.

Oh...yeah...ran the dog over with the Jeep on Sunday's shakedown cruise...no tires...thank goodness for lifts...vet bill wasn't pretty but no busted bones... she's been giving me the evil eye since I picked her up from the vet this morning.

IMG_20220321_134457896.jpg

Today I replaced my evap line from the tank to the charcoal canister. I also replaced some of my vacuum lines with some silicone lines. The old ones were mostly brittle plastic like hoses and I could hear a high pitched whistle at times coming from the intake manifold.

Reactions: L J and Kiwi TJ
Messed with the air compressor mount some more - I *think* I have it figured out how I'm going to get it to all go together, but lost one of the bolts so need to either find it or get another one. Probably lost it as I was in a discussion at the same time about - of all things - how to properly curtsy. Left leg back or right leg?

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
Not that Orange - KTM Orange…
He is lost as last year’s Easter egg-😂

Well it’s done - I went out to dinner with the top off the TJ- then came back and went over everything with the heat gun

Back in the garage - they get along pretty good in here- the bike looks totally different now - bottom pic is our last ride -That’s me in the helmet with the big grin. Guy in the back is my drywall sub- best we have ever had - road bike guy that got into dirt bikes last year - he is a ball.

image.jpg

FA04DDA9-EE0D-4C85-9990-B13FB5249101.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally finished removing my sliders from the body mounts and installing a Saavy body lift. I had a body lift on my Jeep but had a crack developing in the tub at the rear mount. A buddy was following me out of Johnson Valley on Thanksgiving weekend while I was towing my Jeep with the motor home and said the body seemed to shift from side to side. I had to mess with the body bushings previously, and when I received the lift kit I was looking at my PS sliders and something didn’t look right. It didn’t dawn on me until Mrblane posted a picture of the PS sliders without a body lift. The light bulb went on in my head and I said now that doesn’t work the sliders connect the frame to the body what good it the mount then. I am in the process of fixing things that are not right and shedding weight from my LJ.
I removed the sliders and the body mounts, reinstalled the sliders with the area around the mounts cut out with a 3” hole saw and cut off wheel. I the took measurements up to the torque boxes , sectioned a piece of 4” tubing for the rear and a piece of 3/16 flat bar for the front. I drilled and used nutserts in the torque boxes. I made a backing plate for the inside of the tube out of 1/2” x 3” aluminum. Bolted it all together with new body mounts and the Saavy lift. I am happy with the result. Less vibration and securely attached.
115CFFCD-3EB2-4CA1-93A0-E1E62D29DAB3.jpeg
A8104BC7-8D93-4DE6-AB54-231A60970337.jpeg
C7F39732-74DC-4B92-97A6-6F0B9D1B061B.jpeg
C7F39732-74DC-4B92-97A6-6F0B9D1B061B.jpeg
4A60F15B-0D5A-4648-92CE-D0A55B8F94B3.jpeg
C2B52C2A-AC85-4271-ADAF-7A46568FF115.jpeg
E39380BC-BD1C-4EC7-BE0D-59FDE2DC8C83.jpeg