What did you do to your TJ today?

That’s cool so you can be in 4low 1 and micro adjust the throttle looks like. Never seen that. So maybe when your lopping over stuff feathering breaking, you can apply a bit more gas via that reducing the chances of killing it maybe?

Yeah. Some use it to idle up while winching, it's also somewhat like a cruise control for the rocks. It'll hold a throttle opening which could be a minimum like you said, or to set a slow crawl speed just off idle without it being subject to your foot moving as you bounce around. I've never had one so I'm looking forward to trying it out. One of those things I never would have known existed except for this forum. Fortunately it was like $40; this place has cost me far more than that before. 🤣

some have pieced together their own hand throttle set up with bike parts but you can buy an off-the-shelf kit as well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CI42U3G/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That's the one I used. Clicking that link showed me I last purchased it in December 2020, so it's been laying around even longer than I thought!

Now that I know how it goes together I could probably piece it out of bike shop parts but at the price of the kit I think it's worth the time saved.

Reactions: L J
Installed the hand throttle I've had in the parts bin for a year, then decided it was due for a full interior detail including removal of the 5 billion dog hairs left in the carpet by the previous owner.

View attachment 318753

If you have the same dog hair problem, the best way I found was to wear a nitrile glove and rub the carpet vigorously until my hand couldn't take the heat. That seems to pull the hairs loose from being embedded in the carpet, and after that the shop vac would pull them in. Full removal required multiple repeats of the process. I've been at it for about 3 hours....the first time I haven't been glad to have that extra 15" of tub length.
I wonder if a curry comb would pull hair from carpet?

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
I wonder if a curry comb would pull hair from carpet?

Probably worth a shot. I tried a soft bristle brush, lint roller, a brush specifically for removing hair (from clothes though, not carpet), a brush with hooked wires for combing out dogs, and another one my wife uses to get the mats out of our poodle/spaniel mix. The brushes I tried all just moved the air around and oriented it in the direction I brushed, but none actually pulled it loose. So I got on Google and found a version of the rubber glove trick and then found my technique worked a little better than what I'd found.

Yeah. Some use it to idle up while winching, it's also somewhat like a cruise control for the rocks. It'll hold a throttle opening which could be a minimum like you said, or to set a slow crawl speed just off idle without it being subject to your foot moving as you bounce around. I've never had one so I'm looking forward to trying it out. One of those things I never would have known existed except for this forum. Fortunately it was like $40; this place has cost me far more than that before. 🤣
Oh ya and winching. That’s boss. Keep posting as ya get acclimated. I am interested in that. I think it would be very useful. Especially winching. How could I forget about that. Used mine last week and was having to juice to hold 14. I’m sold. Lol

Alright guys that’s it for me I’m out. Take it Easy on me. 😂
Mine won’t be sitting around. 😃
I’m logging out.

CA0BBBEE-052B-495B-AF32-708EFA9DE8B8.jpeg

Installed the hand throttle I've had in the parts bin for a year, then decided it was due for a full interior detail including removal of the 5 billion dog hairs left in the carpet by the previous owner.

View attachment 318753

If you have the same dog hair problem, the best way I found was to wear a nitrile glove and rub the carpet vigorously until my hand couldn't take the heat. That seems to pull the hairs loose from being embedded in the carpet, and after that the shop vac would pull them in. Full removal required multiple repeats of the process. I've been at it for about 3 hours....the first time I haven't been glad to have that extra 15" of tub length.
I use this. Mini Pet Hair Remover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FH9GVW2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

With shop vac hose in the corner. two dogs I can do the Jeep in about 30min

Got the Viair mounted on the ABS tray. Wasn't easy, but got it done by expedient of half disassembling the mounted compressor to allow it and the tray to slip under the brake booster. Hindsight is 20/20 - it may (or may not) be possible to mount it full on sideways instead of diagonal if the compressor head were to be put back on 90 degrees CCW from its normal position - the head doesn't appear to care. That darn "handle" with the cooling fins was the big obstacle...
4c1.jpg
4c2.jpg
4c3.jpg
4c4.jpg
4bf.jpg

4c5.jpg

Listed my wheels/tires locally for $900 (5). Got a lot of interest, but now the wheels I want are out of stock for a couple of weeks. I planned on swapping and selling by Friday. :(
p.s. New soft top is supposed to be delivered by Wednesday. If it works out, I'll sell my Bestop tinted windows that still look like new.
RUBI skel 8 26 2 (5).jpg

Last edited:
Listed my wheels/tires locally for $900 (5). Got a lot of interest, but now the wheels I want are out of stock for a couple of weeks. I planned on swapping and selling by Friday. :(
p.s. New soft top is supposed to be delivered by Wednesday. If it works out, I'll sell my Bestop tinted windows that still look like new.
View attachment 318852
How much you going to sell those windows for? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Not jeep related but...remember back in the day when mcdonalds offered soft drinks in giant size? They must have been half a gallon lol..I had a nice mustang and managed to dump the entire thing on the passenger side floor/seat/door panel etc. I was so pissed I mopped it up the best I could and sold it lol
I know the golden arches have the 'Caution Hot' warning on the coffee cups but maybe they should have one of the extra large cups saying "Keep 2 hands on the cup at all times-not to be used in any TJ's " :p