What did you do to your TJ today?

My PBR cans are too big for my bar fridge :)
FB_IMG_1430478674040.jpg

That looks...really nice! How often do you touch up rock chips? I know I'm gonna get them and so I tend to just live with em...but a couple of them have a little rust on them and I'm not sure how to tackle that just yet. I've never really done much with paint touchups or rusted rock chipped areas.
dealer provided touchup paint matching paint code at the service counter did not match whatsoever. dealer paint was too dark, actually grey not silver and had no sparkly glitter.
I used automotivetouchup.com paint code matched paint and its about 99.5% accurate to my 19 year old paint. basically picked at rust with a sanding pick where possible, primed where needed and dabbed the paint right on. majority of it is half assed repaired but it looks alot better and isnt obvious its been touched up unless close and looking for it... though my whole grille was covered in sandblasted dings. my whole idea was to basically just seal the chip more than do perfection. the half ass part primary came down to the clear coating, I only cleared the nasty spots where I had blistering paint.. which I found when I removed the rear tire carrier.

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

Last edited:
Did I ever tell you about why I like PBR? Well if not you can blame Dennis Hopper and "Blue Velvet", I chased it for years even trying to import a taster few cans! But once I did finally taste it (even though it was the cheapest case beer in Vegas) I thought to myself as I cracked one open in the liquor store behind Flamingos Ahhh "On Ya Dennis" you were spot on mate :)

yesterday was the inaugural bike ride for the year so on went the rack, just a perfect sunny & warm day.

The fun mobile:

IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg

I took the rear window out a couple weeks ago for the first time, normally just roll it up & shove it into the pit with the rest of the top, but it's always a bit ugly when I go to roll it back out in the fall. The top seems to fit down there better too.

IMG_2578.jpg

put the detailing on hold and went out to my grandparents last weekend. driving through wetland areas and farm fields sucked, whole thing was covered in bug splatter. had the alien shade off for washing and well 2 hours of driving straight at the sun with a fresh buzz cut I managed to burn my forehead and have spent the past week peeling skin like goldmember in Austin powers.

anyway, had a p1294 code pop up at some point a while back so ive been doing the usual.. checking for vacuum leaks and cleaning the IAC.
im sure some of you are aware the vacuum elbows at the manifold below the throttle body are for the most part no longer available but I replaced the lines I could (which came with new elbows) replaced the HVAC line going from the manifold to the reservoir. think it was $13 for the oem tube/hose assembly. smoke tested it too and found a leak at the brake booster hose nipple on the manifold and found out no one stocks 11/32 rubber brake hose locally. anyway no further vacuum leaks and code still present.

figured it replace the IAC this year too and for shits and giggles the TPS. and shit might as well get new headlight bezels since they are still available.
EC262791-4D05-456B-AFFA-4145C825E2A8.jpeg

so after replacing the IAC and TPS, my code vanished and I dont have the lazy very slightly high searching for idle problem anymore and my headlight bezels are nice and shiny.

Did I ever tell you about why I like PBR? Well if not you can blame Dennis Hopper and "Blue Velvet", I chased it for years even trying to import a taster few cans! But once I did finally taste it (even though it was the cheapest case beer in Vegas) I thought to myself as I cracked one open in the liquor store behind Flamingos Ahhh "On Ya Dennis" you were spot on mate :)

yesterday was the inaugural bike ride for the year so on went the rack, just a perfect sunny & warm day.

The fun mobile:

View attachment 327075View attachment 327076

I took the rear window out a couple weeks ago for the first time, normally just roll it up & shove it into the pit with the rest of the top, but it's always a bit ugly when I go to roll it back out in the fall. The top seems to fit down there better too.

View attachment 327079
Does the removal of bar padding loosen the "Tourtness" (made up word) of your soft top or bikini/safari?

All lumber is laid flat. I cut 2X6's slightly longer so they would fit under the metal edges. I screwed thru the 2X6 into the 2X4 to secure wood together, but do not screw into your Jeep.
Now you've done it, he's gonna come back and tell you it's 4x2's and 6x2's, you would almost think he is Cajun!!!!!!!

Reactions: Blondie70