What did you do to your TJ today?

It was some really good stuff back in the 70’s. 😵‍💫

200.gif

There is the winning post- apply the proceeds to a bestop- If someone wants the middle of the road top get a Mastertop, great for selling one if needed- but if its a keeper get a bestop.
After months of deliberation of which top, this ^^^ is the conclusion I came to as well...

It’s getting kinda obvious who the heads were on this forum 👌
Sheepishly raises his hand...
It kind of makes sense to me now.. at least the stuff I can remember.

got the bumpers, fasteners and tow hooks painted after scuffing with scotch brite pad, dusting off with compressed air and wiping clean with lacquer thinner and a final wipe down with acetone.

not too sure on how the front bumper turned out yet. its just smooth vs the rear I didnt remove the original powder coat? from the surface. I like the slightly textured look vs the smooth, may look into a textured paint if I dont care for the look when its cured. really want to keep the OE look at a budget less than new bumpers. have new stubby bumper endcaps in the mail to finish the appearance when done.
IMG_3568.JPG

I have one bolt holding me up . Going to drill it tomorrow so I can get the driver side seat out . I need the interior finished by the 4th and the doors off and stripped to be repainted that next week. Aug. will be here before you know it and this project " will " be finished to the point of dependable runner.

Last edited: