What did you do to your TJ today?

Added tow hooks to the rear today… none of my spanners (wrenches) were small enough to get in the hole to hold the nut in place while I threaded the bolt through.
Had to improvise with a screw driver and double sided tape…worked sort of well lol
And yes I painted them Chevy orange.( Matches my tow loop on the front)

A2D89784-1488-4732-83DD-3FEB492FC325.jpeg

4BDDB01E-2488-4651-B364-C618BBAF887C.jpeg

Also learned that apparently the wipers must use a ground from the headlights or something? I have my headlights unplugged, but if I pull the switch the wipers come on. I really don't need a clock spring problem right now.

Put the trans back in, hopefully stopped the leak. No driveshafts in at the moment, but the output yokes turn a pretty good clip in neutral which has me a little alarmed.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC
Took a little drive after I got home from work at 5am this morning. Got stuck at one of those annoying goose crossings. I bet they're Canadians and crossed the border illegally. Brandon probably flew them out here on a plane in the middle of the night. :unsure: I'm sending the photo to Fox news.
Goose crossing.jpg

Last edited:
Wife and I did another 150 mile lunch trip. Top and doors have been off for almost two months

Your preaching to the choir here.......totally agree , great feeling

Which one? Taking your wife with you for a 150 mile trip to find lunch (that she approves of) or driving with the top and doors off for 2 months? ;)

Added tow hooks to the rear today… none of my spanners (wrenches) were small enough to get in the hole to hold the nut in place while I threaded the bolt through.
Had to improvise with a screw driver and double sided tape…worked sort of well lol
And yes I painted them Chevy orange.( Matches my tow loop on the front)

View attachment 341411

View attachment 341412

@DaveF taught me the zip tie trick for holding a nut in a hard to reach spot. Just zip the tie around the outside of the nut and the extra tie stem works like a handle.

Which one? Taking your wife with you for a 150 mile trip to find lunch (that she approves of) or driving with the top and doors off for 2 months? ;)

Both. Weather permitting we are gonna make the run down to Milboro Springs to visit an old family property very soon. Don’t have a soft top or cover, so the weather has to be right.

Both. Weather permitting we are gonna make the run down to Milboro Springs to visit an old family property very soon. Don’t have a soft top or cover, so the weather has to be right.