What did you do to your TJ today?

I know there are some that don't like BedRug, but I'm a big fan. I've had them in multiple Jeeps and they hold up well, clean up easily (from a dirt/mud perspective), and never get that damp musty smell. They only come in one color and the fit isn't perfect, but neither of those is bad enough that I wouldn't use it. FWIW, I've even run it in two trucks, for a total of more then 10 years. No complaints there either!

ltt6psj-jpg.192798

Great review...do they sponsor you as well ? :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though..I've been wanting this stuff for 3 years but the cost+freight put me off..good to know it lasts.... Cant wait to try it out.

Great review...do they sponsor you as well ? :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though..I've been wanting this stuff for 3 years but the cost+freight put me off..good to know it lasts.... Cant wait to try it out.
Technically, you can install the front without removing the seats or the console. However, it's much easier if you just take them out. This also gives you a chance to check and clean everything up well. The back is a different story. There, you'll definitely need to remove everything. The back also requires cutting slots for the floor anchor loops and punching holes for the seatbelts (both shoulder belts and the floor buckle). Just make sure to clean the areas well where the adhesive Velcro goes, using soap and water first, then wipe with alcohol.

Great job. I have the upper back from a JK mated to the TJ lower. The problem with that setup is I can't fold the rear seat like the stock one. :(

Thanks! I looked at that route, too, and almost went that way. But after reading a lot about reduced view out the back I wondered about finding some folding style. Lucked into finding the ones from the Ram 1500 that are folding AND nearly matching.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Irun
About to board the ferry to Ocracoke island for the day. It’s been 30 years give or take since I’ve been here. The wife’s and daughter’s first time on a boat so it should be fun lol

View attachment 341283

Ocracoke is where me and my wife like to go. Jason’s restaurant is our favorite place to eat.

Reactions: kincaid.0678
Technically, you can install the front without removing the seats or the console. However, it's much easier if you just take them out. This also gives you a chance to check and clean everything up well. The back is a different story. There, you'll definitely need to remove everything. The back also requires cutting slots for the floor anchor loops and punching holes for the seatbelts (both shoulder belts and the floor buckle). Just make sure to clean the areas well where the adhesive Velcro goes, using soap and water first, then wipe with alcohol.

Thanks for the tips... I'm installing Noico sound deadening first then the Bedrug....but yeah I'll make sure its all super clean first....Im tempted to rattle can some Black rust preventative before the Noico....but haven't decided yet.

Reactions: CV04TJR and Irun
Would you please share details on the tank and gauge. I just finished installing the ARB compressor and haven't yet installed a tank or in-cab pressure gauge. For my setup, mounting the pressure gauge in the drivers side footwell would likely be best. I have the QR mounted on the front bumper.

Viair tank and gauge. The gauge I'm mounting on the A-pillar (along with the vacuum gauge). EAG makes an A-pillar mount for '03-'06.

Was going to replace the clutch today. I wanted to swap in my old transmission. I discovered that the mount broke 🤬. Got everything pulled from both jeeps. Went to start and the blind bearing puller from AutoZone couldn't get the job done. Might be stuck using the bread trick as much as I hate it. On a positive note, LUK now uses an all metal throwout bearing.

PXL_20220706_223649071.jpg

PXL_20220707_164605384.jpg

PXL_20220707_190540746.jpg

PXL_20220707_164610514.jpg

Last edited:
Was going to replace the clutch today. I wanted to swap in my old transmission. I discovered that the mount broke 🤬. Got everything pulled from both jeeps. Went to start and the blind bearing puller from AutoZone couldn't get the job done. Might be stuck using the bread trick as much as I hate it. On a positive note, LUK now uses an all metal throwout bearing.

View attachment 341375

View attachment 341376

View attachment 341377

View attachment 341378

Always enjoy getting a glimpse of your shop, HJ.

View attachment 341377

Based on that table, someone has been doing a few gear swaps and locker installs! :love:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Wife and I did another 150 mile lunch trip. Top and doors have been off for almost two months, and there’s nothing like cruising anywhere you choose in the open air.

Your preaching to the choir here.......totally agree , great feeling