What did you do to your TJ today?

Took it to retrieve my son's glider from the farmer's field he’d landed out in.
6B1C1705-7A58-42C5-8501-DDEDD48456E2.jpeg

unfortunately I was too busy chatting to the farmer to remember to take a picture of the TJ in the field… but here's the combo at McDonalds on the way back to the airfield… Long trailer,!

F9C05B11-39D0-4F06-851C-41328CBAB680.jpeg

This weekend was kind of productive, even if nothing was finished. I started the weekend by pulling dash parts off my jeep and removing the existing aftermarket stereo. That went much faster than I feared. Between rain showers, I ran the flat tow harness, front cam wires, and rear camera wires. Then went to the shop and cut aluminum brackets to remount my KC fog lights, and mount the front and rear cameras. I got the brackets mostly fabricated - with a few more holes to drill after I test install them (sadly I cut my pointer finger fairly good on a drill bit - guess the bit was sharper than I expected - its been bleeding on and off for 6hrs now-my hand slipped off the chuck key and grazed the bit I was trying to tighten. At least as it was not as bad as the last time I used my drill press - that was 9 stitches and $700 at the ER). I got my soldering station out of storage, but found out I was heat shrink poor - so will be off to radio shack tomorrow before I can solder up the radio harness (I also need to get a nut to hold on the rear camera mount). I live in the middle of nowhere - the fact that we still have a nearby Radio Shack still amazes me.

That said, lots of delays will come on this project. I need to order the paint for the brackets (yep, no paint available locally). I will need to order extenders for the fog light harnesses (probably-maybe the local auto parts store will have pigtails). Ordered a microrelay for the stereo so I don't have to play with the parking brake to access most of the features. All in all, I expect it will be 2 weeks before I can actually finish what I started this weekend, but will have a good running start tomorrow - and will probably have the paint by Tuesday. The microrelay will probably be the last part I need to finish these projects.

Oh, and downloaded a screen background off this site.

This weekend was kind of productive, even if nothing was finished. I started the weekend by pulling dash parts off my jeep and removing the existing aftermarket stereo. That went much faster than I feared. Between rain showers, I ran the flat tow harness, front cam wires, and rear camera wires. Then went to the shop and cut aluminum brackets to remount my KC fog lights, and mount the front and rear cameras. I got the brackets mostly fabricated - with a few more holes to drill after I test install them (sadly I cut my pointer finger fairly good on a drill bit - guess the bit was sharper than I expected - its been bleeding on and off for 6hrs now-my hand slipped off the chuck key and grazed the bit I was trying to tighten. At least as it was not as bad as the last time I used my drill press - that was 9 stitches and $700 at the ER). I got my soldering station out of storage, but found out I was heat shrink poor - so will be off to radio shack tomorrow before I can solder up the radio harness (I also need to get a nut to hold on the rear camera mount). I live in the middle of nowhere - the fact that we still have a nearby Radio Shack still amazes me.

That said, lots of delays will come on this project. I need to order the paint for the brackets (yep, no paint available locally). I will need to order extenders for the fog light harnesses (probably-maybe the local auto parts store will have pigtails). Ordered a microrelay for the stereo so I don't have to play with the parking brake to access most of the features. All in all, I expect it will be 2 weeks before I can actually finish what I started this weekend, but will have a good running start tomorrow - and will probably have the paint by Tuesday. The microrelay will probably be the last part I need to finish these projects.

Oh, and downloaded a screen background off this site.

Radio Shack? I thought they were extinct.

Jeep started fine this morning after pulling the fog light relay yesterday. Already ordered a new multi-function switch for $52 (10 year warranty). State inspection needs to be done Thursday, so everything has to work. :cool:

So I am guessing you are going to keep it now??????? :mad: :mad:

I’m pretty close to giving him one if he will stop it.

I just bought 1000 ducks on Ebay and I'm heading your way for a free Jeep. I don't cheap out like @John Cooper, I bought real ducks to dump on your Jeeps.😬

p.s. I will leave Invisible Glass window cleaner and a squeegee in case they crap on your windshield.

I just bought 1000 ducks on Ebay and I'm heading your way for a free Jeep. I don't cheap out like @John Cooper, I bought real ducks to dump on your Jeeps.😬

p.s. I will leave Invisible Glass window cleaner and a squeegee in case they crap on your windshield.
You guys are the biggest bunch of perverts.😆

You should have seen what was going on at the jeep invasion-

People were standing on the side of the road holding signs that they were duckless

They have bushels of those things in stores for sale

I’m thinking of all the problems society has to solve and we are doing this

0C69B91E-AAB7-40F0-8732-755CE6CAECCB.jpeg

I'
You guys are the biggest bunch of perverts.😆

You should have seen what was going on at the jeep invasion-

People were standing on the side of the road holding signs that they were duckless

They have bushels of those things in stores for sale

I’m thinking of all the problems society has to solve and we are doing this

View attachment 354826

I'm not sure what other parts of the country do for their Jeep events, but Camp Jeep ONLY let Jeep vehicles come in and park. Toyota's and Suzuki's had to park across the highway at McDonalds and bash Jeep owners, while eating a Kiddie meal, soggy fries and watered down sweet tea. :unsure:

I only got ducked 5 times , I guess Levi is not that impressive yet . I have just started but it they had seen it when I got it they would be more impressed.
Can't really tell how nasty this thing was , wife said I can't believe you bought that piece of crap. But it's rust free and it runs and it was only 4500.00 .
1661786729158.png

I only got ducked 5 times , I guess Levi is not that impressive yet . I have just started but it they had seen it when I got it they would be more impressed.
Can't really tell how nasty this thing was , wife said I can't believe you bought that piece of crap. But it's rust free and it runs and it was only 4500.00 .
View attachment 354886

I'd duck it just for your "poor mans" soft top. :cool: I'm guessing your wife made you put a tarp under it so your RMS leak didn't mess up her grass.;)

Lost the u-joint on the front left axle 30 miles from home, had to limp in.
Was going to build the rear axle first but I guess the front decided it wanted my attention first. Not too noisy when in the throttle but clattered bad when you let off , just glad it didn't fly apart. Guess I'll have it all new under side before long.