What did you do to your TJ today?

Lost the u-joint on the front left axle 30 miles from home, had to limp in.
Was going to build the rear axle first but I guess the front decided it wanted my attention first. Not too noisy when in the throttle but clattered bad when you let off , just glad it didn't fly apart. Guess I'll have it all new under side before long.

Great job on the Levi theme Jeep. (y) My brother had an old Levi's edition CJ with Demin top.

Reactions: John Cooper
I'd duck it just for your "poor mans" soft top. :cool: I'm guessing your wife made you put a tarp under it so your RMS leak didn't mess up her grass.;)
RMS doesn't leak at all and I have a real nice Rampage frameless top on it now and I love it. Really like how it stores the windows that zip off and it doesn't have big giant letters saying RAMPAGE across the back LOL ! Top is nice and tight and doesn't flop , real quite for a soft top but it is the one with the thicker material.

RMS doesn't leak at all and I have a real nice Rampage frameless top on it now and I love it. Really like how it stores the windows that zip off and it doesn't have big giant letters saying RAMPAGE across the back LOL ! Top is nice and tight and doesn't flop , real quite for a soft top but it is the one with the thicker material.

I was joking about your tent and matching tarp. 🤫 I thought a Smart Ass White Boy would get the humor. ;)

p.s. @AndyG, check your rule books and ban this guy if @Chris approves it.
1661788523946.png

Great job on the Levi theme Jeep. (y) My brother had an old Levi's edition CJ with Demin top.

Thanks , I am surprised I didn't buy a CJ5 Levi back in the day , I was into muscle cars , had a new 1969 Road Runner . I sure liked those Levi Jeeps but I ended up with a 73 Bronco for my off road adventures. Oh I grew to hate that damn thing with a passion , would not start half the time. Road like an ice wagon , had to fight to keep it on the road, dangerous at 55 ! Don't know why people like those pieces of shit.

I was joking about your tent and matching tarp. 🤫 I thought a Smart Ass White Boy would get the humor. ;)

p.s. @AndyG, check your rule books and ban this guy if @Chris approves it.
View attachment 354906

LOL ! I'm tired from the trip .... I get it ! I'm a little slow today !
That tent blew off in high winds and did 3000.00 in damage to my wife's Escape.
I was out there trying to tie it down better and it like to have took me out.

Last edited:
Took it out for about 25 miles, I’m at 395 towards the 500 break in. Scheduled the fluid change for Thursday, then I can go over 45mph thank goodness 😂.

I also put the hi-lift jack and Gerry cans back on the rear bumper. I hate them on there, but it’s easier than packing the clunky items for the move to Illinois. Transport them up there to sit on a shelf in case I decide to sell the rear bumper 😂

21483262-3E0B-4209-904C-288EE90A9363.jpeg

I changed my oil yesterday, and apparently my oil pan skid shifted at Moab just enough that the stream hits the skid.

I mopped up around a quart of oil out of the skid. I need to figure out a fix before doing that again.

It will likely involve widening the opening.

The bolts that held one side of the skid to the transfer case skid weren't there anymore. So something rubbed but good.

Reactions: matkal