What did you do to your TJ today?

I still used the harness that came with the arb compressor,you just won’t use the backlight wires.and used factory style switches on relays

This was my plan for wiring it up to a 3 pin switch. 2 grounds, red is 12v, yellow is output and blue is illumination. So I guess if the switch I’m buying doesn’t have a backlight then I just leave the blue wire out since it won’t be needed. Do the indicator lights on your switches come on when engaged without the illumination wire connected?
4849C7AB-8944-4E07-A177-DDD053723D9F.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
This was my plan for wiring it up to a 3 pin switch. 2 grounds, red is 12v, yellow is output and blue is illumination. So I guess if the switch I’m buying doesn’t have a backlight then I just leave the blue wire out since it won’t be needed. Do the indicator lights on your switches come on when engaged without the illumination wire connected?
View attachment 359686

Yes they come on when switched,just leave the backlight wire out.and if that’s the arb harness the other circuits will not be hot until the compressor (arb calls it the isolation)wire is,arb don’t want you to be going down the road and engage the locker without the compressor switch being on

Reactions: ranger101
Finally got the front LSD in , really nicely made. The first box they sent me , on the left was empty and all taped up , the second one was heavy because it actually had the item in it , not taped at all I just opened it right up and took it out. It's a wonder it didn't just fall right out. Who ships stuff like this? And Amazon is a big outfit !!! They just slapped a label on it and away it went !!!

View attachment 359658

View attachment 359659

What do you do when it snows?

Working on the two rear body mounts trying to find a way to get the bolts out. I opted to the can opener approach to find a thick piece of steel with threads spinning freely on the bolt and coated in a nice patina of rust. Debating on trying to put a thick tack weld on the “nut” and then knocking it out with my impact. I don’t really have the clearance to try a wrench or vice grips in there unless I am able to cut away some more of the metal. Anyone have a good solution?

2420A18E-D8D7-4B94-A802-72907F032E68.jpeg

05CF8EC9-386D-4207-85A8-1E8FBA4FDB22.jpeg

Also anyone have any experience with JKS 1-1/4” body lift? I found one for about half off MSRP and was contemplating on buying it. If I’m able to get all the body mounts changed out then putting a body lift on later would be easy work per se lol

Parked in my garage all day. Off and on thunder storms and I am too lazy to put the top back on. I'm on vacation this week.

WOW - I'll give you an At-A-BOY! Also, you are on VACATION.. after all. Just so you know your are doing great - I can say that because I am SOOOOOO lazy that I never took of my TOP this SUMMER ! ! OR the doors.. just cranked up the A/C and loved it all summer long.
AGAIN - a hardy well done for what you have DONE! Vacation will be over before you know it and back to the same old same old.

Stopped by Desert Rat (I've been afraid to go in there & see all of the off-road upgrades) and they are able to get a quart of Redline MTL from Tucson tomorrow by 11am! Off work early tomorrow, would like to get the Redline in the freaking tranny already!!

One of these days I'll get to the Coffee and Crawlers at the Tempe store.

Got rid of the cone filter and put in a factory air box, swapped in the Toyota FJ headlights with 100/80 bulbs, installed new splash shields in the front wheel wells, installed new Qtec paracord grab handles and moved the Smittybilt ones to the back, soldered in a new speed sensor to hopefully clear up my bouncing speedometer. Then the distributor kicked my butt for 4 hours and left me with no start.
Overall a productive day, but ended frustratingly

Also anyone have any experience with JKS 1-1/4” body lift? I found one for about half off MSRP and was contemplating on buying it. If I’m able to get all the body mounts changed out then putting a body lift on later would be easy work per se lol

The material they use will squish when you’re trying to torque the bolts and you won’t be able to get a good torque.

It’s recommended by most to get a solid material like aluminum. I think the kind like Performance Accessories makes is ok too. I don’t recall the technical info but it has fiberglass or something infused in it and they won’t squish. Someone else will probably have the more correct info on that. Or their website will.

I removed the rear bumper's end caps, not sure what I'm going to do with my rear bumper setup yet, but I didn't like those end caps at all.

DSC01494.JPG

IMG_20220914_180056 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20220914_180032.jpg

IMG_20220914_180041.jpg

I still have to remove the rest of the rear seatbelt stuff since I'm keeping my Jeep a 2 seater. Need to re-install the third brake-light I rewired before I went on vacation. I plan to make a better third brake light because I don't like the OEM's look.
While removing the end caps they got stuck on 4 screws, so I had to kick them loose some.

Not much, but just happy to be making progress.

Well, went for a road trip today - kind of celibrating that I am mostly done with my current work. Went to an aluminum fab shop to get some rod holders for my pioneer platform made. The biggest issue has been trying to figure out how to mount a ladder to get on it. Shop is proud of their work, I knew that. The sissy bars (with the rod holders on them) cost about what I expected. Did not expect that powder coating would cost about the same, or that the hinges for the sissy bars cost about the same. Then the fab work for the ladder was about 1.5x the same... Definately sticker shock, but not entirely unexpected. I thought using the pioneer platform would save a little money (and it kind of did - $400), but it still will end up hitting the budget I planned before I started the Jeep project in February - plus $3500.

Then on the way home, Clemintine rewarded me with a cylinder 3 misfire code. On the lighter side, this was the first road trip with the Bulldawg Hard Top and Pioneer Platform. I think wind noise might be down just a little from the factory hard top (not a small accomplishment since the platform was added). That said, wind noise is nothing compared to engine noise and tire noise.

Last edited:
Doesn't snow much in Alabama but when it does I stay inside till the shit melts.

Don't know what that has to do with the crappy way Amazon mailed my locker!

Nothing about Amazon. They can suck but generally do the right thing. I bought an alternator that came wrapped in bubble wrap with a sticker on it.

It's snowy and ices here a lot. Sometimes I 4 high it to leave a light. That's why I passed on a front LSD. I didn't realize you were down south.

Nothing about Amazon. They can suck but generally do the right thing. I bought an alternator that came wrapped in bubble wrap with a sticker on it.

It's snowy and ices here a lot. Sometimes I 4 high it to leave a light. That's why I passed on a front LSD. I didn't realize you were down south.

Ok , I guess the helical gear differential would kick in and make snow driving a little squirrelly . Driving here unless off road is mostly 2 wheel drive and it acts like a open diff. and it's real quiet . Running the same in the rear and I am use to driving a LSD in the rear, just something you get use to. You can end up going back to where you came real quick if you don't know how to drive them.

Last edited:
I removed the rear bumper's end caps, not sure what I'm going to do with my rear bumper setup yet, but I didn't like those end caps at all.

View attachment 359748

View attachment 359754

View attachment 359759

View attachment 359760
I still have to remove the rest of the rear seatbelt stuff since I'm keeping my Jeep a 2 seater. Need to re-install the third brake-light I rewired before I went on vacation. I plan to make a better third brake light because I don't like the OEM's look.
While removing the end caps they got stuck on 4 screws, so I had to kick them loose some.

Not much, but just happy to be making progress.

I just removed my stock rear bumper which had Mopar end caps which fit flush on the ends instead of the milk jugs you just took off. They look cleaner than the bare ends.
7BEAC772-8F0B-483B-8267-91637096F23E.jpeg

Yours if you want ‘em (or anyone else here-if you are outside the US lower 48, you might need to help with shipping). PM me an address or P.O. Box and I’ll drop them in an envelope.