What did you do to your TJ today?

I took my ‘06 to the spa (my driveway) yesterday for a wash, wax & convertible top cleaning & treatment. Today it got its second coat of Griot’s Garage 3 in One Ceramic Wax.

04CFE03A-8326-4D5A-9442-536FF7E3FDA6.jpeg

604856E7-9B9F-4B28-942A-32C30F576D40.jpeg

I think I effed something up: been working on repairing body mounts and jacked up both sides of the tub separately. I neglected to disconnect the shifters, auto and T case.
What have I done?

I think I effed something up: been working on repairing body mounts and jacked up both sides of the tub separately. I neglected to disconnect the shifters, auto and T case.
What have I done?

When I did my body lift I just loosened my fuel filler neck. How high did you lift the tub?

Reactions: matkal
What have I done?

Whats not working? Depends on how far you jacked it up. I just installed the Savvy 1.25" BL and jacked up both sides and didn't disconnect anything.

Reactions: matkal
Yes, I recall the revision basically telling me that there is now a lifetime TSB warranty (or whatever they called it) for that issue. But a dealer probably won't do the work for no cost to the end user simply because there is a TSB and the light blinks for 15 seconds. They will likely do their own tests and charge you if the issue is unrelated to the TSB (trap for the unwary). That's what my local dealership told me when I considered having the TSB wiring done while I'm out of state. It's not worth the hassle to deal with the dealership for basic wire repair or risk paying $$$ for something unrelated to the TSB, so I'll do the wiring myself if/when needed.

I have the blinking light as well, but I needed to remember that I have CELs right now. Even if I didn't have a CEL, it takes time for the system to become I/M ready after clearing codes or removing battery power. Just mentioning that since the TSB states to do the wiring job if the light blinks for 15 seconds...but I don't recall the TSB providing exceptions where readiness may not be ready due to reasons other than bad wiring in the PDC.

Edit: there may be additional reasons for why readiness isn't ready beyond what I mentioned that I'm simply not aware of.

The dealer is obligated to do the repair because there is a lifetime warranty extension in relation to the tsb

Yes, I contacted the seller about a different wheel he had, and he said he could make one for me, so it is slightly thicker than the stock wheel.
Can you post info on this seller? I've been looking to swap my steering wheel as well.

I installed seat risers today
^^^ one of my first and favorite mods.

Reactions: wborisenok
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
About a month a go I took Jessie to Cole's Auto Repair. She was running fine and then I started noticing she was running rough as I drove her. Upon first started up she was smooth, then after 15 or so minutes rough. I did my basic checks. Everything seemed fine. SO I dropped her off at Cole's upon recommendation of @AndyG. Cole has done some work for him in the past. So I took his recommendation. Cole performed extensive checks from compression to the seals to the manifold and everything in-between. Everything was fine. So he reached out to some guru's he knows and they said it is probably the PCM. (Damn). SO he asked me if I wanted to send it off and have it checked. I said yes. So the PCM is in Florida. They replaced the #2 something. Cole put it back in and it ran fine. He let her run for a couple minutes, sounded good. He walked in his shop for a couple minutes and was about to go park her and call me when it started running rough again. SO he called them and they said send it back. So I am in a holding pattern. :(

About a month a go I took Jessie to Cole's Auto Repair. She was running fine and then I started noticing she was running rough as I drove her. Upon first started up she was smooth, then after 15 or so minutes rough. I did my basic checks. Everything seemed fine. SO I dropped her off at Cole's upon recommendation of @AndyG. Cole has done some work for him in the past. So I took his recommendation. Cole performed extensive checks from compression to the seals to the manifold and everything in-between. Everything was fine. So he reached out to some guru's he knows and they said it is probably the PCM. (Damn). SO he asked me if I wanted to send it off and have it checked. I said yes. So the PCM is in Florida. They replaced the #2 something. Cole put it back in and it ran fine. He let her run for a couple minutes, sounded good. He walked in his shop for a couple minutes and was about to go park her and call me when it started running rough again. SO he called them and they said send it back. So I am in a holding pattern. :(

Crud.

• Sad
Reactions: Chief Brohician
Got my savvy front bumper back from the anodizer and installed it with my newly refurbished Warn M6000 winch. Even with the winch on there I don't think I added any weight compared to the stock bumper and winch receiver I had on there previously. License plate is currently held on with removable/reusable zipties. Anybody have license plate mounting suggestions for the savvy front bumper with safety thimble fairlead?

1677173659553.jpeg

Got my savvy front bumper back from the anodizer and installed it with my newly refurbished Warn M6000 winch. Even with the winch on there I don't think I added any weight compared to the stock bumper and winch receiver I had on there previously. License plate is currently held on with removable/reusable zipties. Anybody have license plate mounting suggestions for the savvy front bumper with safety thimble fairlead?

View attachment 402568

Check out Amazon. They have different kinds for different applications.

Reactions: John Cooper