What did you do to your TJ today?

Good evening.
I have a 04 TJ and will be needing to replace the steering gear/box in the near future.
My first bolt in replacement choice is the psc xd box.. BUT.. This brings me to my first question. Do I need to get the high volume pump and reservoir if I'm not running hydro assist OR should I get them for performance purposes?(which I'm not opposed to)
second question... is the psc bolt in worth it on an 04? Or should I modify the mounting hole on the frame to the 97-02 bolt pattern? (highly doable for me to accomplish).
Will be doing hard wheeling so please consider that with your answer.

Thank you all, I really appreciate this page for being here.

Went on another late night search for Bigfoot. 🤫
hill2.jpg

hill4.jpg

Used the TJ to winch my tow rig out of the gravel parking spot. Realized I hadn't respooled my cable after the last time I used it on the trail. Gravel flying. Curses flying. My wife's laughter flying. Neighbors slowing down to figure out what kind of silliness I'm up to. A winch probably hasn't been used on this street since this neighborhood was deemed "Historic". Good times were had by all. The TJ is always the one we go to for help when there is something to get done.

Is that some of those infamous Virginia backwoods?

Sure is. If you make it up the steep, slick hills without hitting the trees, it leads to a river crossing. Coming back down is the challenge. Wet leaves, mud and fallen trees everywhere. 🥳
p.s. My flip-phone doesn't take the best quality pictures. ;)

Last edited:
Good evening.
I have a 04 TJ and will be needing to replace the steering gear/box in the near future.
My first bolt in replacement choice is the psc xd box.. BUT.. This brings me to my first question. Do I need to get the high volume pump and reservoir if I'm not running hydro assist OR should I get them for performance purposes?(which I'm not opposed to)
second question... is the psc bolt in worth it on an 04? Or should I modify the mounting hole on the frame to the 97-02 bolt pattern? (highly doable for me to accomplish).
Will be doing hard wheeling so please consider that with your answer.

Thank you all, I really appreciate this page for being here.

Welcome to the forum. You will have a better shot at getting an answer to your questions if you start a new thread. This thread is about what you have already done to your TJ...

:)

Let ‘em sniff each other then drove my manual - looks like it may be traded this spring and just trying to get ok with the idea- If it works out I’m hoping it’s replacement ends up being its spitting image with an auto.

View attachment 410480

View attachment 410481

Man you are always trading or selling rigs. You might as well start a dealership. Lol

Honest question and not trying to be rude, but how come you don't just hang onto one? Especially the white one since you've put so much work into it and it drives so well?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Man you are always trading or selling rigs. You might as well start a dealership. Lol

Honest question and not trying to be rude, but how come you don't just hang onto one? Especially the white one since you've put so much work into it and it drives so well?

I have. The 2003- It was my first TJ and I have kept it all these years-

The others have just been something to play with- They are so easy to sell there is little financial risk.

Honestly I would love to hang onto all of them but I’d also like to hang onto my wife.

I really like both in the picture.

Now that I have an opportunity to trade the 2003 for a automatic with lower miles am seriously considering it because it’s essentially going to be the same jeep- but auto. I’m hoping I get to keep the front bumper so it kind of has that same look.

Does that make sense?

I have. The 2003- It was my first TJ and I have kept it all these years-

The others have just been something to play with- They are so easy to sell there is little financial risk.

Honestly I would love to hang onto all of them but I’d also like to hang onto my wife.

I really like both in the picture.

Now that I have an opportunity to trade the 2003 for a automatic with lower miles am seriously considering it because it’s essentially going to be the same jeep- but auto. I’m hoping I get to keep the front bumper so it kind of has that same look.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely and I really don't blame you one bit. I just know how much you love the white one. Wouldn't be surprised if your wife said she was getting a little jealous. 😁

We need to hang out again sometime.

Reactions: AndyG
Absolutely and I really don't blame you one bit. I just know how much you love the white one. Wouldn't be surprised if your wife said she was getting a little jealous. 😁

We need to hang out again sometime.

You know women are so funny she’s always squawking about these things then when I mentioned letting Whitey go.... She was like no don’t do that!

It is crazy-

Catch me up on yours when you can and holler at me laugh has been pretty tough since dad got sick and passed but it is calming down.

Now if we can keep my brother from driving us all crazy.

Reactions: Claybirdd