What did you do to your TJ today?

82 F out so top down clean.

20230411_171006.jpg

Reactions: RINC
Took a drive with my daughter since it was gorgeous out. We went to check out this old XJ. Needs a lot of work like a new engine and fuel pump and exhaust and god knows what else but the stickers on both sides almost sealed the deal. I think I’ll hold off on a second project until I get my TJ project wrapped up at least

8203B9BB-03E9-43D8-A4D7-944D1F4F15F8.jpeg

349D0D6F-E34E-428C-A68E-F6ECEA38CB49.png

How thick is the sound deadening? I’ve got bedrug and weathertech fitting just fine.

Not that thick…can’t be more than 5 mil flattened down. Tried a couple rubber mats … supposedly made to fit a Wrangler TJ and it won’t sit all the way down in the footwell ☹️

Not that thick…can’t be more than 5 mil flattened down. Tried a couple rubber mats … supposedly made to fit a Wrangler TJ and it won’t sit all the way down in the footwell ☹️

You may pay more for shipping but I don’t think you’ll find a better fitting mat than WeatherTec and I can’t see 5mm making a difference. The front ones are the best with the rigid molding formed for the footwell.

Went to start the Jeep and got an extended crank. Checked fuel pressure at the rail and it drops immediately after shutting the key off. Really annoying since I had the same issue last year, and dropped the tank to replace the fuel regulator with a Mopar one. Seems that lasted only a year, and now even Mopar parts are junk.

37" Pitbull Rockers to 35" Baja Boss. Had my fun with 37s. Going mid arms and 35s now. Big boy setup lol

Speaking of which, I'll have a set of (5) 37x12.5r15 rockers for sale in short order. Zero street miles. Only like ~15 trail miles

PXL_20230412_233517266.jpg

Also my Odyssey finally died. Although I think I mindlessly charged it incorrectly trying to revive it from a long winter of being parked, so that was probably the final nail in the coffin. Lesson learned. Got a new one ordered.

Last edited:
Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!

Drilled out almost every seat bolt that was broken off. They were broken when I bought my project Chiquita. Took 3 left handed drill bits to do it and 3 batteriesfor my drill, but all the threads for the captive nuts are still good. I was surprised about that. Lesson learned... go slow. Also painted the doors a flat black (bought 2 cause the ones that were on it originally were for a yj). Also fixed the rusted floor pans. Why is this list never ending? Good note...almost ready to be put back together

Drilled out almost every seat bolt that was broken off. They were broken when I bought my project Chiquita. Took 3 left handed drill bits to do it and 3 batteriesfor my drill, but all the threads for the captive nuts are still good. I was surprised about that. Lesson learned... go slow. Also painted the doors a flat black (bought 2 cause the ones that were on it originally were for a yj). Also fixed the rusted floor pans. Why is this list never ending? Good note...almost ready to be put back together

Funny story, when I got my TJ 4.5 years ago, I broke 5 of 8 seat bolts. A pair of vice grips and some heat from underneath save me a lot of drilling!!