What did you do to your TJ today?

337C72C7-513D-4364-901D-8F66BD122991.jpeg

Put the top down and drove to work. Warm weather here in the NE.

I did that too……

There was no rain or snow forecasted the entire weeks and it was going to be around 50 at the lowest high, so I put it in semi-summer mode and was like I’ll just dress warmer on the cold days, I wake up and my brother send me a picture of my Jeep topless and covered in snow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: L J and John Cooper
I got the rear springs swapped out. Made a big difference in the ride height. I’ll revisit the upper spring buckets due to the fact I have to work in 5-1/2 hours. I’d feel better with more time on my side. I need to get some new bump stop cups and bump stops but I won’t be doing any wheeling anytime soon so I’ll be ok without them.

BB636C8C-42D5-4EAC-8A7E-99FFA84C1DF5.jpeg

F365B262-824A-43DB-A50A-E95B1118811F.jpeg

372150C4-C274-43B0-8F1D-9029EFFC55B7.jpeg

EAB7E804-7A20-471E-8105-DF001894453D.jpeg

Finished mounting up the 35s late last night. Got it rolled outside to pressure wash everything really good including the inside of the frame. Drilled multiple drain holes.

Once I get that satisfactory it'll get rolled back inside and all the everything else starts.

The stack of parts is getting ridiculous at this point but I'm so looking forward to getting it done. I've been without driving my TJ and stuck with the Gladiator for a full year now. Glad is cool and all but I miss the TJ.

While I'm here, anybody have tips on pulling the antirock arms from the shaft? Seems like it might not be worth the risk of damaging the bushing. Would be nice to remove them for paint. They are on there.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-13 at 12.44.48 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-13 at 12.42.15 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-13 at 12.53.42 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished mounting up the 35s late last night. Got it rolled outside to pressure wash everything really good including the inside of the frame. Drilled multiple drain holes.

Once I get that satisfactory it'll get rolled back inside and all the everything else starts.

The stack of parts is getting ridiculous at this point but I'm so looking forward to getting it done. I've been without driving my TJ and stuck with the Gladiator for a full year now. Glad is cool and all but I miss the TJ.

While I'm here, anybody have tips on pulling the antirock arms from the shaft? Seems like it might not be worth the risk of damaging the bushing. Would be nice to remove them for paint. They are on there.

View attachment 416000

View attachment 416001

View attachment 415997

How hard was it to dismount the old tires from the Hutchinson bead locks? I have heard it is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: John Cooper
How hard was it to dismount the old tires from the Hutchinson bead locks? I have heard it is a pain in the ass.

I've always heard it's hard too.

Takes about 5 minutes a tire with a bucket, impact and a pry bar if you're in a hurry. At least with the Pitbulls and KM2s. Different tire beads may be a different story. Assembling is pretty quick too once you get the process figured out. I unmounted 5 and mounted 4 in about 3 hours last night while in no great hurry, including air down/up.

Summit forgot to ship me my fifth Baja Boss so still waiting for that one.

Reactions: Potomus Pete
I actually don't mind snow. I just don't like blowing or plowing the driveway, but otherwise I like it. Once I get the lift, tires, lockers and gears done, I am looking forward to wheeling in it intentionally. Not the kind of snow wheeling that Spokane drivers engage in on the streets though... that's just crazy...