What did you do to your TJ today?

Yes sir....he never mentioned anyone else coming to me. It is in good shape. He also through in a cargo rack and 2 jerry can holders. I'll have to cut the can holders off the mounts - too heavy. Think the rack and can holders will go on a trailer.
Yeah. I had told him I’d take it. I was on my way and asked for an address when he said someone else was going to be there before me. Glad someone on here got it, but I’m a little bummed too, haha. Want to make a quick buck?

Reactions: StoneCold
I went through a couple sets of injectors that I had sitting around to find 4 that will make a good set for my new engine build. I have about 16 different injectors so I’m pretty confident that I’ll have a few good ones. They all shifted and would open and close on demand with a 9V battery setup I have for testing injectors. I put some new o rings on 4 of them and got them ready to be installed in the intake.

IMG_9186.jpeg

Yeah. I had told him I’d take it. I was on my way and asked for an address when he said someone else was going to be there before me. Glad someone on here got it, but I’m a little bummed too, haha. Want to make a quick buck?

The back seat from mine is basically disintegrating from rust. That's why I picked this one up. I get why you are feeling bummed, they are hard to come by for a good price. There are several more around though....

I almost went to get this one.....

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/arvada-2003-jeep-tj-wrangler/7611608390.html

Couple others too. A drive from Pagosa though....

Reactions: Blondie70
Reactions: John Cooper
Found a brand spanking new bestop twill replace-a-top for the low low price of $600 on eBay a over this past weekend. arrived Tuesday and I popped it on tonight. short of the shitty bestop logo, im pretty happy & will take extensive care for the shitty aluminum zipper pulls from this point on now that I understand how they fail internally and are stupid easy to replace when they start wearing.

It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride for me with tops over the past few weeks. from stitching a twill top and not working out, to purchasing a cheap tan top off marketplace and not loving the color, to purchasing a super cheap open box but new top which had been in storage somewhere off of eBay that ended up having mouse damage (honest mistake and the seller was a man of his word for the refund), to stumbling across a twill top which is what I really wanted but didnt want to spend 1k.

to date I think I have 5 soft tops floating around now. 4 problematic ones and this new one :ROFLMAO: oh, and a hardtop I get to push around the garage all summer.
View attachment 418225

I guess I shouldn’t feel guilty for having a hard top, an OEM soft top, and a trektop NX twill 😅

BTW that top looks sharp. Helluva steal!

Reactions: 03coloradowrangler
A few small projects from yesterday and today….

Shortened my transmission exhaust bracket about 3/4” to get a bit more space between the front passenger side upper CA mount and exhaust.
787A9572-33D5-461C-A864-5DFEE4C48607.jpeg

When I swapped out my CAs last week I noticed rubbing on the arms so I added a washer on the steering stop.
76C090F2-DFFA-496F-A85F-7E9217C96B6F.jpeg

First time having a rough idle on startup when running errands a couple days ago, so finally trashed the OEM heat shield and installed the DEI fuel rail and injector cover kit.
210F866E-12E7-477F-A2B5-9A6EEDF6F8E4.jpeg

682B3023-C9D9-453F-AB4A-1F2336EA6543.jpeg

And finally (no pics) added a bottle of the AT-205 to see if it does anything for very minor drippage. Also did the clutch bypass startup.

I replaced my fuel pump and some other underside maintenance.

I honestly think that part of the hesitation during acceleration and occasional flashing CEL I was experiencing may have been due to an aged/failing pump. Once I was done reassembling and went for gas, the Jeep felt quite different. I'm still planning on replacing the three catalytic converters (they're in a box, hopefully it will done next weekend).

Just for this job, I splurged and bought a lock ring tool from Amazon. It was $20.00 shipped but it was so worth it.
(Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJWM8TM/?tag=wranglerorg-20)

Kroil Soak and Ring Wrench.jpg

I blew all the debris off the top of the tank with a compressor and gave the ring a quick Kroil soak. Keeping turning tension on the ring tool with a breaker bar and hitting its elbows popped the ring in about 5-10 wacks.

Ring Wrench.jpg

While I had the tank open I also took care of this little chore.

Sanded Stopper.jpg

New Bosch pump installed and all ready for remounting. This lock ring tool made this all very easy. I applied steady turning pressure with the breaker bar and hit the tool's elbows with the mallet and the lock ring was on in 5-10 light hits.

New Pump .jpg

Once the tank was reinstalled and checked for function (it worked) and leaks (didn't see any), I rotated all five tires and greased the front suspension. I refilled the tank with what I'd pumped out (less than 5 total gallons) and went to fully fill the tank. A full 16.4 gallons went in with zero spit-up/burp-back.

I took my sweet-ass time doing all this tank work as it was my first time doing such on my Jeep; however, it was so worth it. I even wire brushed some spotty rusty areas on the frame that are hidden by the tank and gave them a quick hit of Rust-Oleum before I remounted the tank.

I finished off a good test drive by running past a package store for a celebratory adult beverage.

Last edited:
I replaced my fuel pump did some other underside maintenance.

I honestly think that part of the hesitation during acceleration and occasional flashing CEL I was experiencing may have been due to an aged/failing pump. Once I was done reassembling and went for gas, the Jeep felt quite different. I'm still planning on replacing the three catalytic converters (they're in a box, hopefully it will done next weekend).

Just for this job, I splurged and bought a lock ring tool from Amazon. It was $20.00 shipped but it was so worth it.

View attachment 418824

I blew all the debris off the top of the tank with a compressor and gave the ring a quick Kroil soak. Keeping turning tension on the ring tool with a breaker bar and hitting its elbows popped the ring in about 5-10 wacks.

View attachment 418827

View attachment 418828

New Bosch pump installed and all ready for remounting. This lock ring tool made this all very easy. I applied steady turning pressure with the breaker bar and hit the tool's elbows with the mallet and the lock ring was on in 5-10 light hits.

View attachment 418829

Once the tank was reinstalled and checked for function (it worked) and leaks (didn't see any), I rotated all five tires and greased the front suspension. I refilled the tank with what I'd pumped out (less than 5 total gallons) and went to fully fill the tank. A full 16.4 gallons went in with zero spit-up/burp-back.

I took my sweet-ass time doing all this tank work as it was my first time doing such on my Jeep; however, it was so worth it. I even wire brushed some spotty rusty areas on the frame that are hidden by the tank and gave them a quick hit of Rust-Oleum before I remounted the tank.

I finished off a good test drive by running past a package store for a celebratory adult beverage.

There's a tool for everything... :LOL: Had no idea that existed. Been using a cold chisel and hammer to knock the ring around on and off.

I replaced my fuel pump did some other underside maintenance.

View attachment 418824

View attachment 418827

View attachment 418828

View attachment 418829

Bosch fuel pump from where??

First time having a rough idle on startup when running errands a couple days ago, so finally trashed the OEM heat shield and installed the DEI fuel rail and injector cover kit.
Did this kit a few weeks ago and thus far, sad to say, it hasn't remedied the problem. Reduced it almost nothing, but still getting an occasional lumpy startup after a quick sit between errands.

And finally (no pics) added a bottle of the AT-205 to see if it does anything for very minor drippage. Also did the clutch bypass startup.
I had a small RMS leak a while back. One application of AT-205 and the leak hasn't come back.

Did this kit a few weeks ago and thus far, sad to say, it hasn't remedied the problem. Reduced it almost nothing, but still getting an occasional lumpy startup after a quick sit between errands.
I never had an issue before. That was the first time it’s happened to me. So time will tell. But I’ve been toying with the idea of installing the 2-piece genright hood louvers as well to alleviate under the hood temps.

I had a small RMS leak a while back. One application of AT-205 and the leak hasn't come back.
I thought I’d give it try based on your thread about it. I don’t have much leakage. Just the annoying drop that hangs out on the bell house. Worth a shot for $20.