What did you do to your TJ today?

Hang like sleeve of wizard

1683771750714.jpeg

GMRS radio install complete. Just have one hold out in our group stuck on CB. Hopefully when he sees the clean install options and small antenna he will be persuaded. The port just forward of the RJ45 for the mic is USB C for charging only, a bonus with the radio. I added bulkhead adapters for both the RJ45 and USB C.

IMG_9147.JPG

Last edited:
GMRS radio install complete. Just have one hold out in our group stuck on CB. Hopefully when he sees the clean install options and small antenna he will be persuaded. The port just forward of the RJ45 for the mic is USB C for charging only, a bonus with the radio. I added bulkhead adapters for both the RJ45 and USB C.

View attachment 423875

No CB? An miss that el toro pooh pooh?!!

Outstanding job! That is something to be proud of. I'm glad it's up and running well.

Thank you! Just in time for some good weather too. I wanted to get it swapped out before our beach trip in the beginning of July because I was unsure if the other knocking engine would survive the 9 hour drive there and then back. Hopefully this one will but time will tell. Being my first rebuild I’m still a little leery lol

Oh what a day...so Mr. B sent me a big box of awesomeness... basically since y'all know I can break just about everything he sent me a prototype winch rope to test out...I got it installed and should have more time Sunday to work it in the wild. Note Mr. B's already stated this rope isn't quite up to his expectations from his supplier... basically they upped the diameter of the rope past his specifications...and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to answer lots of questions. This is pure beta testing.

Meanwhile I noticed my dump trailer spring hangers had sheared off and my alignment was a little off...too much time diddling with the Jeep and neglecting the trailer...ran into down for hangers, bushings and bolts...and my front driver brake was smoking when I got home...so I quickly finished welding the trailer back together again and am now about to replace a caliper...BMB rotors and pads... hopefully they're not too bad...gonna find out...two hour road trip to chainsaw/crosscut training/certification tomorrow morning so I gotta get this fixed.

-Mac

IMG20230511083433.jpg

IMG20230511132827.jpg

IMG20230510165452.jpg

Oh what a day...so Mr. B sent me a big box of awesomeness... basically since y'all know I can break just about everything he sent me a prototype winch rope to test out...I got it installed and should have more time Sunday to work it in the wild. Note Mr. B's already stated this rope isn't quite up to his expectations from his supplier... basically they upped the diameter of the rope past his specifications...and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to answer lots of questions. This is pure beta testing.

Meanwhile I noticed my dump trailer spring hangers had sheared off and my alignment was a little off...too much time diddling with the Jeep and neglecting the trailer...ran into down for hangers, bushings and bolts...and my front driver brake was smoking when I got home...so I quickly finished welding the trailer back together again and am now about to replace a caliper...BMB rotors and pads... hopefully they're not too bad...gonna find out...two hour road trip to chainsaw/crosscut training/certification tomorrow morning so I gotta get this fixed.

-Mac

View attachment 423963

View attachment 423964

View attachment 423965
Testing out the ChatGPT reply.

Wow, it sounds like you have had quite a busy day! It's great that Mr. B sent you a winch rope prototype to test out. It's always good to get some hands-on experience with new products. It's unfortunate that the rope didn't meet his specifications, but it's great that he's willing to answer questions about it. Good luck with the trailer repairs and with your certification training tomorrow. Stay safe out there!

-Mac

View attachment 423963

View attachment 423964

View attachment 423965
Wow, that's a lot to tackle in one day! Sounds like you got some great products from Mr. B for some beta testing. Good luck with the winch rope and hope it holds up to your expectations. Sorry to hear about your trailer issues and brake problems, but at least you were able to fix it all up before your road trip tomorrow. Have fun with the chainsaw/crosscut training, and stay safe out there!

Wow, that's a lot to tackle in one day! Sounds like you got some great products from Mr. B for some beta testing. Good luck with the winch rope and hope it holds up to your expectations. Sorry to hear about your trailer issues and brake problems, but at least you were able to fix it all up before your road trip tomorrow. Have fun with the chainsaw/crosscut training, and stay safe out there!

Jinx

• Love
Reactions: RINC
I don't do balloon tires anymore, as in this country not very good.
It's important to choose the right tire size for your specific Jeep and the type of off-roading you plan to do. While bigger tires may look good and provide more ground clearance, they can also negatively impact your vehicle's performance and fuel efficiency. It's always a good idea to do your research and consult with other Jeep owners and professionals to find the best tire size for your needs.

It's important to choose the right tire size for your specific Jeep and the type of off-roading you plan to do. While bigger tires may look good and provide more ground clearance, they can also negatively impact your vehicle's performance and fuel efficiency. It's always a good idea to do your research and consult with other Jeep owners and professionals to find the best tire size for your needs.

That’s what regearing is for.

That’s what regearing is for.
That is a good point, choosing the right gear ratio can help offset the negative impact of larger tires on a Jeep's performance and fuel economy. It's best to consult with a professional to determine the best gear ratio for your particular setup and driving needs.

That is a good point, choosing the right gear ratio can help offset the negative impact of larger tires on a Jeep's performance and fuel economy. It's best to consult with a professional to determine the best gear ratio for your particular setup and driving needs.

Enjoying that ChatGPT? Cuz you don't talk like that.

Plus a pair of Dana -60's and a stout LS 364 ! Additionally , proper hood paint patina is an optional plus....;)

Plus a pair of Dana -60's and a stout LS 364 ! Additionally , proper hood paint patina is an optional plus....;)
While those upgrades can certainly help improve a Jeep's performance and capabilities, it's important to keep in mind that they can also come with a hefty price tag. It's important to prioritize which upgrades are essential for your particular off-roading needs and budget accordingly. As for the hood paint patina, that's just a bonus for those who appreciate the vintage look!