What did you do to your TJ today?

While those upgrades can certainly help improve a Jeep's performance and capabilities, it's important to keep in mind that they can also come with a hefty price tag. It's important to prioritize which upgrades are essential for your particular off-roading needs and budget accordingly. As for the hood paint patina, that's just a bonus for those who appreciate the vintage look!

More often than not , one should focus on the fundamental asset upgrades as a financial consideration. E.G. staying with P225 75 R 15 tires and forgoing replacing axles and larger rolling stock. However one would be wise not to neglect correct hood patina , as the non reflective properties could provide an
extreme advantage in life or death situations.

Anyone play Cards Against Humanity?

There's an auxiliary rule called Rando Cardrissian - draw a random card in response to the question.

Chat GPT reminds me of Rando Cardrissian.

I wonder if Chat GPT can play Cards Against Humanity.

Lubed up my brake pins and sliders...went for a drive...86 at the start...106 for the previous sticking one and 108 for the passenger side.

What does Chat GPT say if you ask it if lube fixes everything?

-Mac

@Chris is a young pup with a bright future and a beautiful family.
It's great to see so many Jeep enthusiasts coming together to share knowledge and experience. Regardless of age or experience level, everyone can benefit from learning from one another and finding ways to improve their Jeep's performance and capabilities based on their individual needs and budget. It's important to have fun and stay safe while off-roading, and to not let the desire for upgrades and modifications overshadow that.

It's great to see so many Jeep enthusiasts coming together to share knowledge and experience. Regardless of age or experience level, everyone can benefit from learning from one another and finding ways to improve their Jeep's performance and capabilities based on their individual needs and budget. It's important to have fun and stay safe while off-roading, and to not let the desire for upgrades and modifications overshadow that.
As for your question about whether lube fixes everything, it's important to remember that maintenance is key to keeping your Jeep running smoothly. Proper lubrication can certainly prevent issues like sticking brake pins and sliders, but it's important to also address any underlying problems to ensure your Jeep remains in top condition.

WTF is this GTP chat malarkey?

Bought some 2k Samurai black bedliner spray and one can did the front of a new grill I'm going to put in, plus both running boards. I used adhesion promoter on the boards first.

IMG_20230511_195129101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230511_195020343.jpg

IMG_20230511_195009417.jpg

Did Tony Robbins hack your account? (y)

I installed a winch for the first time. It went great, except I forgot to add the abrasion sleeve (or the anti-abrasion sleeve), and now I need to unspool the whole thing, unhook it, etc., and slip it back on. Oops.

IMG_0786.jpeg

Is there a part that covers this space between the bumper/winch plate and the grille, the way that plastic hood used to? It isn’t a functional issue, just aesthetics. I guess I could cut down the old plastic piece.

IMG_0787.jpeg

I installed a winch for the first time. It went great, except I forgot to add the abrasion sleeve (or the anti-abrasion sleeve), and now I need to unspool the whole thing, unhook it, etc., and slip it back on. Oops.

View attachment 424286

Is there a part that covers this space between the bumper/winch plate and the grille, the way that plastic hood used to? It isn’t a functional issue, just aesthetics. I guess I could cut down the old plastic piece.

View attachment 424287

That's what I did. A cut down sway bar cover doesn't look as good as the unmolested sway bar cover, but better than the hole behind the winch.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and LJDC

You don't need that sleeve. mrblaine told me to cut the abrasion sleeve off of the Warn rope on my 9.5xp-s. It doesn't do much if any good and can conceal damage to the rope from what I can remember of our conversation.

Went to go take the Jeep for a ride on Saturday. Fired it up and the belt started squealing. Figured maybe the battery was badly discharged, didn't think much about it immediately. Walked into the garage, came back out, no more squealing, cause the belt melted off!

Between the time I pulled her into the garage for winter storage and now, my alternator froze up. I have a used one on the donor motor for the Apex, as well as another belt, so probably just throw that on for now.

This thing has spat a lot of parts out at me, but every single one that would have been an issue on the road happened in my driveway. I have nothing to complain about!

I ended up just replacing the alternator. I pulled the old one apart and the commutator was actually grooved from wear. I wanted to give everyone a heads up tho, the application for the accessory belt from rock auto was wrong, and probably still is. I double checked everything and they simply list the wrong belt.
Edited to add: This was for an 04 TJ Sahara 4.0 manual with AC.

Last edited: