What did you do to your TJ today?

I just need a bigger inverter to run the dryer lol
Your place off grid ? The lake house I am building is off grid except for city water . Only thing I have that runs on 220 is the drier , even the heat pumps are 115 ductless. Drier is new and doesn't take much to run. Just need to run during daylight hours and it's a piece of cake.

Replaced the nasty door handles. Andy

IMG-9767.JPG

IMG-9819.JPG

I had to have the wife use her hands to put the lil cotter pin back in, my hand was all kinds of crampin trying to do that!

It's a pain. Here is my technique:

1. Raise the window
2. Put the cotter pin on a 90 deg dental pick
3. Lower the pin just into the top of the hole.

Then there are two options:

4a. Remove the pick from the pin so the pin is balancing on the top of the hole and use the pick to press down on top of the pin, pushing it into the hole
4b. Put your flat hand up into the door and touch the pin with your fingertips then push the top of the pin down into the hole

Andy

OEM rad showed up. Clever packaging weRmopar. (y)

PXL_20230628_205242652.jpg

Test fitted new UCF UHC tcase and skid plate. I already had their steel tcase skid but replacing with the aluminum. It all fits but certainly looks like it's going to interfere with the single upper control arm with the mid arm kit. The front axle goes in tomorrow, so I'll find out. The coils are still at the media blaster along with a huge stack of parts but I can at least start cycling and positioning the axle.

PXL_20230629_181035140.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20230629_181227181.NIGHT.jpg

I had a local shop regear the axles to 5.13 five or six years ago. When I pulled the front axle a couple months ago the outer shims had walked out of place. I'm told that's not uncommon once everything breaks in. So I got a couple of 0.005 shims to add to each side to tighten it up. When I contacted Yukon gear the rep made a point of telling me they're spacers not shims. Then he linked me to the product page where they call them shims lol. Whatever. A couple days ago I took the carrier out, added shims, dead blow'd it back in. Used the dowel on a string trick for the locker plunger. Then, realized it was late and one of the spacers wasn't seated properly, again. Today I took it back out, took care to get the shims/spacers/pancake hoops in place, dead blow'd it back in, pulled my string for my plunger dowel and it snapped. In my absent mindedness I'd put the dowel on the wrong side of the plunger and pinched it. So out the carrier came again... I used wire this time.

Anyway, it's buttoned up now.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-01 at 5.31.53 PM.jpeg

PXL_20230629_192952883.jpg

PXL_20230629_193034012.jpg

PXL_20230629_200121988.jpg

OEM rad showed up. Clever packaging weRmopar. (y)

View attachment 436617

Test fitted new UCF UHC tcase and skid plate. I already had their steel tcase skid but replacing with the aluminum. It all fits but certainly looks like it's going to interfere with the single upper control arm with the mid arm kit. The front axle goes in tomorrow, so I'll find out. The coils are still at the media blaster along with a huge stack of parts but I can at least start cycling and positioning the axle.

View attachment 436618

View attachment 436619

I had a local shop regear the axles to 5.13 five or six years ago. When I pulled the front axle a couple months ago the outer shims had walked out of place. I'm told that's not uncommon once everything breaks in. So I got a couple of 0.005 shims to add to each side to tighten it up. When I contacted Yukon gear the rep made a point of telling me they're spacers not shims. Then he linked me to the product page where they call them shims lol. Whatever. A couple days ago I took the carrier out, added shims, dead blow'd it back in. Used the dowel on a string trick for the locker plunger. Then, realized it was late and one of the spacers wasn't seated properly, again. Today I took it back out, took care to get the shims/spacers/pancake hoops in place, dead blow'd it back in, pulled my string for my plunger dowel and it snapped. In my absent mindedness I'd put the dowel on the wrong side of the plunger and pinched it. So out the carrier came again... I used wire this time.

Anyway, it's buttoned up now.
View attachment 436626

View attachment 436620

View attachment 436621

View attachment 436622

From now on, they're pancake hoops!

Reactions: bluescapegoat
Treated the Jeep right and sent back these rear shocks from Amazon immediately after opening them and ordered new ones from Summit. Took 2 years to get the lift installed and flexed for the measurements - I'm not installing what could be Amazon returns...

PXL_20230630_011545402.MP.jpg

PXL_20230630_011640296.jpg

Surprisingly, opened front shocks from Amazon last and they were in beautiful original boxes with no damage - so they can go on this weekend.