What did you do to your TJ today?

Pulled my tailgate without having to drill out the stupid torx, for my

View attachment 454194new Morryde hinges. Made it 21 years unpainted, do I leave as is or hit with rust reformer?

What a pain in the ass install, took way longer than it should have to get everything aligned and while it does swing out smoothly and having stops again is nice, the unlock motion still feels like it clunks when it unlocks. When I have more patience I probably need to look into the latch.

What a pain in the ass install, took way longer than it should have to get everything aligned and while it does swing out smoothly and having stops again is nice, the unlock motion still feels like it clunks when it unlocks. When I have more patience I probably need to look into the latch.

Mine still clunks a bit too on unlatching. Otherwise I love my morryde. If it's any consolation, over a year into having it on my jeep, and the clunk is the only thing about it that I don't like. No sagging, no rattling, just the clunk on opening the tailgate.

Got back from Colorado. Helluva trip. Black Bear Pass was closed, so, oh no, guess I'll just have to go back. :unsure:

PXL_20230823_003004347.NIGHT.jpg

Don't remember where I left off with the TJ but got the rockers installed, everything tightened up, fluids filled, etc. Tried to start it up for the first time in 6 months and... cam and crank position codes and no start. Bypassed the Split Second FTC1 piggyback and it fired right up. Hooked the PC up to the SS and it seems to be getting power. I've hated that thing since I installed it, so out came the supercharger so I could get to the fuel rail, and out and onto the floor went the piggyback. New Bosch injectors, 2bar SRT4 map sensor, and some fiddling in the PCM and she's running. Old injectors looked pretty toasted. Need to force it into open loop and spend a couple hours driving around tomorrow data logging.

PXL_20230830_191149097.jpg

PXL_20230830_191225654.jpg

PXL_20230830_200452645.jpg

PXL_20230830_201412473.jpg

PXL_20230901_002158845.NIGHT.jpg

Had to bite the bullet and just rip it all out after blowing a hole through my exhaust pipe in front of the catalytic converter. Everything was more rusty than I thought. Money I hadn't planned to spend right now

IMG_20230831_161611.jpg

IMG_20230831_161553.jpg

Had to bite the bullet and just rip it all out after blowing a hole through my exhaust pipe in front of the catalytic converter. Everything was more rusty than I thought. Money I hadn't planned to spend right now

View attachment 454324

View attachment 454325

Sure would be tempting to go to a Larger 2.5 pipe system …if I had the money 😁

I got new rear shocks on. I went with Skyjacker Black MAX. If you remember, the passenger upper bar pin was ripped out from the bolts. It was a minor ordeal to get the old bolts out. I found out today that I couldn't reuse them so I get replacements (m8-1.25 x 30mm flange bolt grade 10.9) from Ace. Only thing now is the lower bolt. I'm using a torque wrench and I need to go to the store and get a deep 18mm socket.

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

I also discovered that this bushing has absolutely vanished. Any ideas what it is called? I'm guess it is the upper control arm bushing. I have to make a trip to the parts store later so I can grab a new bushing while I am there.

IMG_3992.jpg

Now, on to the drum brakes. At the 11 o'clock and 6 o'clock position lug nuts, there are these washer type things. It looks like the are on those 2 lug nuts to better hold the drum to the lug nuts. I cannot get the drums off. Should I cut off these washer things to get the drums off?

IMG_3996.jpg

Now, on to the drum brakes. At the 11 o'clock and 6 o'clock position lug nuts, there are these washer type things. It looks like the are on those 2 lug nuts to better hold the drum to the lug nuts. I cannot get the drums off. Should I cut off these washer things to get the drums off?

Yes. They're just there to hold the drum in place when taking the wheel on and off. You can buy new ones at any auto shop. They aren't a must-install part so you can get them after the wheels are back on and put them back on when the wheel is off next time (if you want them).

Reactions: Danarch