What did you do to your TJ today?

Lights installed.
New Lights 1.jpg

And they work.
New Lights 2.jpg
New Lights 3.jpg

Now I just need to find time to install the switch.

Not what i did but what shop is going to do to my TJ. The A/C wasn't cooling last summer so I took it to the shop. They couldn't see any leaks so they charged it and put a dye in there to see if it shows up. Well, the charge held up fine all summer and into fall. The the cold weather came and I didn't use the A/C again till a couple weeks ago and of course now, no cooling.

They'll charge it up again with dye and see if they can detect any leaks. If not, we agreed I'll take it back two weeks later so they can look for any dye leaking.🤞

Annual???? My Rubicon see's an oil change every 2.5 to 3 months!!! 80 miles a day round trip adds up fast!!!!!!

Mine isn't really a daily, I call it semi-daily. 4,600 miles since the last oil change in April '23 and that one was only 2,900 miles since the one before in April '22. I've been doing Blackstone Labs oil analysis since 2019 with all my oil changes (and tire rotations) happening in the spring. The results have always been great, and they even suggested I could go to extended oil changes of 6,000 to 8,000 mile intervals, but I don't think I'll do that. I've been using Valvoline Max Life 10w-30 oil and either a MOPAR or Purolator filter since I bought it in 2016.

Axle is back from sand blast, touch up some welds and down th the driveline shop. I can paint it then it get back. Pulled the elocker from the box, found some rust from sitting and it got some water on the housing in the last 5 years sitting in the jeep. Removed the rust with some ospho and scotch brite. Checked the magnet and lock pins move…. Sent it to the shop!

Annual???? My Rubicon see's an oil change every 2.5 to 3 months!!! 80 miles a day round trip adds up fast!!!!!!

I put about 2-3k on my TJ a year. I think I only put 1k on it since I bought it a year ago. I do plan on doing more trips this year. First 6 months I had it, it wasn't capable of being driven 3 of those months.

Other than hunting for ducks I did do stuff with the Jeep within the last week or so. Changed diff gear oil, front & rear, and installed Teraflex diff covers. Changed the interior floor, soundbar & under hood lights with LED's. Replaced the four O2 sensors last night. Today its going to be rotating the tires & check the condition of the brakes. Pretty sure the shocks will be eyeballed for future replacement also.

Last edited:
...and installed Teraflex diff covers.

Check the drain plugs. The one that came with mine seeped, even with added Teflon tape. A hardware store replacement worked mo' bettah, but stuck out. I was able to purchase a new Allen keyed one online that doesn't leak and and doesn't stick out. I'm not too happy with Teraflex's paint job, I should have repainted it before I put it on. That's OK, its coming back off soon to install a lunchbox locker, I'll paint it then. Lubelocker gaskets!

Took it to the Hartville Ohio Jeep Fest today and came home with thisView attachment 526040

That is cool. I'm almost an hour NE of there and the wife and I were planning on going with her JK, my TJ, and one dog each but she changed her mind after watching the weather channel last night. I didn't change my mind until this morning. Someone did post this picture to FB last night. How tall is that duck?
FB_IMG_1715398538278.jpg

That is cool. I'm almost an hour NE of there and the wife and I were planning on going with her JK, my TJ, and one dog each but she changed her mind after watching the weather channel last night. I didn't change my mind until this morning. Someone did post this picture to FB last night. How tall is that duck? View attachment 526049

It’s a tall SOB. An educated guess would be 60-65 foot.

Quite the turn out for the weather conditions. 253 registered.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ