What did you do to your TJ today?

I just went with two of these because the vent on top of others is counter productive in my opinion.
Amazon Special

If I can find the link, I read that the 2 vents on the valve cover are for separate systems so they need their own catch can.
Thanks. Did you install 2 catch cans? I thought when I was researching the PCV system of the 4.0 that the front that went to the intake was to draw air through the valve train and the one by the firewall was actually what sent the oil vapors to the intake.

Thanks. Did you install 2 catch cans? I thought when I was researching the PCV system of the 4.0 that the front that went to the intake was to draw air through the valve train and the one by the firewall was actually what sent the oil vapors to the intake.

That is correct. A catch can on the line from the air intake to the front elbow does exactly nothing.

Let's go get it muddy!! LOL

all in due time :ROFLMAO: still prepping it for the season.
Not bad at all!
I started cleaning the underbody and painted my torque boxes. My Jeep guy said Jeep primed the underbody and any color on the underside is just overspray from painting the tub. IDK
So I treated the rust, gray primered, and then clear laquered over it. Have you repainted the torque boxes? It looks great.

View attachment 526449

View attachment 526450

I wouldn't be surprised if oe was just a light coat of something. underside definitely isnt painted like the visible areas of the tub itself. Ive not touched the torque boxes but have touched up the frame only in about 4 spots last year where the factory paint was thinning. I seasonally coat the whole underside of the jeep every year in about 5 cans of fluid film and the dust accumulated grime on the fluid film coating buffs right off with a rag down to glossy paint when I want to detail the underside.

Id hit the more of a pain in the ass spots on the underside you got with some fluid film to stop what's started before it evolves.

Reactions: matkal and Kiwi TJ
Got my CMM handles with removeable doorless mirrors and my rear Rockhard Sport Cage bar installed.

20240513_180233.jpg

20240513_180154.jpg

20240513_180245.jpg

I found a slightly used 45amp for $300. I’m going to get it tomorrow

A plasma cutter made my frame caps way easier. I did one side with a grinder and a sawzall and decided to buy one shortly after.

Went to the junkyard to get a temporary front driveshaft while I send mine back to Adams, and had to grab this while I was there to hang on the wall. There was also a wagoneer I was considering pulling the front Dana 44 off, but unfortunately the housing was in poor shape.
IMG_1158.jpeg

Got my custom rear brake lines ran, that was a fun yet challenging project! I’ve flared lines, but never bent them up with that complexity.

Added the plates above to tube to attach the brake lines, will also allow me to slip a strap around the tube without snagging brake lines.

0DE0073F-BA29-492C-939D-ECF6F6C16824.jpeg

Got my custom rear brake lines ran, that was a fun yet challenging project! I’ve flared lines, but never bent them up with that complexity.

Added the plates above to tube to attach the brake lines, will also allow me to slip a strap around the tube without snagging brake lines.

View attachment 526690

So freaking CLEAN!! 🤤

@starkey480 helped me do Jeep things yesterday, and the armor and bumpers all did their jobs.

I’m not worried about those scratches or the exhaust (I’ll cut it back someday). Though, I should probably remove the tire next time.

It’s a lot of fun learning new things by watching and then attempting to apply Garrett and his friend’s advice.

View attachment 524739View attachment 524740

View attachment 524741View attachment 524755
View attachment 524742View attachment 524743View attachment 524744View attachment 524745
View attachment 524747View attachment 524749
Thou art amongst ‘em.