What did you do to your TJ today?

that's awesome, I did the same thing. Over the course of 10 months & in 3 different phases I knocked it out piece by piece. The only mostly accessible chunk left is the inside of the frame rail where all the brake lines run, there was no way I was removing them for that but in the future if I replace all the lines for some reason I'll hit it there. In the meantime it just gets drenched in Fluid Film, same difference...

Curious where you got the fender, did it come bare/how did you get the paint on?

I found it on Craigslist and it was the right color and in good shape.

Installed my steering shaft riser. (I will make a thread about it after i drive it.) Then i wanted to change out my fluids. Trans,and transfer case. Dropped the skid plate because it is so much easier to do with it off. Then i find this.

20181009_102939.jpg

Oil leak and trans mount is toast.

20181009_102935.jpg

Had the bumper since July and finally mounted my winch with controls and started spoiling the rope on.

Can someone tell me is there something special that needs to be done when spooling the synthetic line on?

13a621aef85d8f87dae221afae6ddfe6.jpg

78078f4aafca968979005d7deab2ab18.jpg

9a8d634415d66f1db8d0390b03d943d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the bumper since July and finally mounted my winch with controls and started spoiling the rope on.

Can someone tell me is there something special that needs to be done when spooling the synthetic line on?

View attachment 58376
View attachment 58377
View attachment 58378

Yes. You need to spool it with a load on the line. Use the Jeep itself, attach to another vehicle or tree that is slightly uphill, then winch it in. :)

I was late to work due to dirty/corroded battery cables:eek: I think its time to update my cables and cable clamps too.

Side note--does anyone think that a circuit breaker is needed for a winch? My superwinch lp8500 came with one and I have it mounted. Its three, 50 amp breakers mounted on two BUS bars which mount directly to the positive post on my battery. I realize that a winch uses much more amperage than that. Plus this causes my positive cable to not have a great connection sometimes. Id much rather wire the winch directly to my Superstart battery (Deka brand) using the side posts and remove the circuit breaker all together. Any thoughts?

IMG_2940[1].JPG

I've never considered myself much of a mechanic (starters and alternators have been the extent of what I have done) but I just finished replacing the water pump, thermostat and hoses. I followed the video in the "how to" forum. No problems, and most importantly, no leaks. Thanks to Chris for listing all of the parts needed in another thread, that made ordering the right things easy. I'll make a few notes in the "how to" thread for others trying this.

Yes. You need to spool it with a load on the line. Use the Jeep itself, attach to another vehicle or tree that is slightly uphill, then winch it in. :)

Hmm damn.. I started it last night by just pulling tension on the line by the fairlead as it was getting pull it.. so that won’t cut it lol?

Reactions: JMT
Well I put new Rancho 5000x shocks on today but I think I ordered to long of a shock for the front
cff1639c6caefa959d3b65643f762c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12.5 and 14.4 so 2 inches

The easy way to tell if they'll fit and not cause you problems.

Measure the clearance between your bum stop and your spring plate.

Measure from shock mount to shock mount.

Minus your bump stop measurement from your shock mount measurement.

This is assuming your bump stops are set correctly.

Hmm damn.. I started it last night by just pulling tension on the line by the fairlead as it was getting pull it.. so that won’t cut it lol?

IT won’t take long to unspool and do it properly. I’m sure you’ve figured out by now why it’s necessary to spool it under load.

Well I put new Rancho 5000x shocks on today but I think I ordered to long of a shock for the frontView attachment 58488

Do what @Boinked said. While we’re here, fill out your profile so we can see what mods you have to your Jeep. That way we don’t have to ask. So, I’ll ask, how much suspension lift do you have? What Rancho Shocks did you get? 2-3”? 3-4”?