What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced this grenade. The wear is more substantial than I expected given just recently hearing a slight “tick” and feeling it on the OPDA.

Glad that’s wrapped up.

01028CDF-EEAC-420E-BAD1-020C060E45DF.jpeg

Just a question? Is it normal for the windshield wipers to work with the ignition off? Not even a key inserted. 2006 TJ.
In my experience no. Are you positive the key is turned to the off position? Some keys, included my own, will come out even when the key is not fully in the off position. Also, if you are going completely back you may inadvertently be putting it in accessory mode.

In my experience no. Are you positive the key is turned to the off position? Some keys, included my own, will come out even when the key is not fully in the off position. Also, if you are going completely back you may inadvertently be putting it in accessory mode.
. Thanks! I had the switch in accessory instead of off! Figured it out now. The switch is kind of worn so it’s a little hard to feel the clicks! Thanks again!

Reactions: KCsTJ and Alex01
I removed my heater vents and cleaned the ducts. Then I shot the vents with Krylon Fusion semi-gloss black. Turned out great! Even with my suspect painting skills.:cool:

Reactions: RussTJ
I'm hoping to get down to the shop this afternoon for Round 2 of the O2 Sensor Experience. Going to disconnect the front driveshaft in an attempt to get less interference in getting at the sensors from below. We're in the middle of a couple of relatively days, so I'm wanting to make the most of them. Unheated shop, but at least I'm not trying to work on it in the rain.

Installed a 7/8 transfer case drop, cleared all vrivrations as well fixed my TC linkage rattle at accelerating
a5c0c2de5edfee9b49d4bc9b937c1229.jpg
e5a55e443ea72cdec273e1c9404ab93a.jpg
BUT, I also have just about ran into another situation, since last night, my idling as well as my over power just starting getting crappy. My idling just started sounding like an old nasty tractor, and my power will increase and decrease dramatically during accelerating and while just plain driving out of no where? Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your power is probably the alternator. For the tractor sound, do you know how to seafoam your rig?

Well Idk how or what you mean by sea foam, but by power levels I think I meant like something to do with the throttle maybe, like whatever’s causing that is the same thing cussing my throttle to sound rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 3 of the 4 o2 sensors replace which got the CEL to go out. And I got the Kenwood head unit in and working, but still have to go through the settings. Dropping the front driveshaft gave me enough room to replace the sensors from underneath the Jeep. I wasn't about to try it from above.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the 4th sensor to break loose and rounded off the flats trying to get it to budge. I put enough pressure on it to bend the exhaust over about 3/4 of an inch. Fortunately, it sprang back into place when I quit pulling in the breaker bar. I'm thinking it's going to stay there until I can get it to a muffler shop and let them deal with it.

Got 3 of the 4 o2 sensors replace which got the CEL to go out. And I got the Kenwood head unit in and working, but still have to go through the settings. Dropping the front driveshaft gave me enough room to replace the sensors from underneath the Jeep. I wasn't about to try it from above.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the 4th sensor to break loose and rounded off the flats trying to get it to budge. I put enough pressure on it to bend the exhaust over about 3/4 of an inch. Fortunately, it sprang back into place when I quit pulling in the breaker bar. I'm thinking it's going to stay there until I can get it to a muffler shop and let them deal with it.
Willys have you tried a real good set of channel locks or vice grips? I did the same thing on my wife's van and a set of vice trips was able to grab it enough to turn it. I also used a propane torch for some heat on it.