What did you do to your TJ today?

Here is the left outer, I will take pics of the rest when I get home.

Jeep Jam '16.JPG

I am very interested in a better look at those Dropkick Slyders. Can you get some photos of the install, and how they look post-installation? I like how they mount.

Do you know the weight of the pair? Thanks.
I had them on my 97 also. They are really good bars, but definitely not the lightest around. That being said, they aren't *too* heavy.

Mounting is really easy, there are two big bolts and another steel plate that sandwich the frame. You can lift the jeep by them quite easily.
Really solid stuff, and the kick-out design is nice - it actually helped keep me from having a *very, very bad time* in Colorado. Basically, while sliding towards the edge of a dropoff, I got enough on the gas that I was able to steer sideways into a medium sized pine and it kicked my rear end over enough that I was able to get back to the safe part of the trail.

Didn't do a thing to them either, except mess the paint up a little - but that's what Hammerite is for!

Reactions: Chris
I had them on my 97 also. They are really good bars, but definitely not the lightest around. That being said, they aren't *too* heavy.

Mounting is really easy, there are two big bolts and another steel plate that sandwich the frame. You can lift the jeep by them quite easily.
Really solid stuff, and the kick-out design is nice - it actually helped keep me from having a *very, very bad time* in Colorado. Basically, while sliding towards the edge of a dropoff, I got enough on the gas that I was able to steer sideways into a medium sized pine and it kicked my rear end over enough that I was able to get back to the safe part of the trail.

Didn't do a thing to them either, except mess the paint up a little - but that's what Hammerite is for!
Also, here are a couple of pics from when I put them on this afternoon.
IMG_20161110_133730.jpg
IMG_20161110_133747.jpg

I started my journey as well.

Replaced the rear glass lift struts on the hard top...works a peach again.

Also, changed the front and rear differential fluids. Used the lubelocker gaskets. Like 'em, gonna see how they work as I go. The rear diff was horrible with fine metal, so I'll be changing it again soon. I'll see if the new gaskets are "reusable" like they say.

Still lots to do....

Just Empty Every Pocket.....

StoneCold

Put on a set of smittybuit upper door skins. Had to replace my best top ones bc the zipper messed up on my drivers side. They seem okay but I don't like the metal pull tabs on the zippers they make too much noise, I'll replace them with some para cord when I dig it it my shed. Right now I just put electrical tape on them.

I also got a new set of tires. Went with the Kendra klevers 31x10.50x15's. I had Toyo open country on there 235x75x15's. thought I was gonna loose 6th gear on the highway but the 4 little squirrels under the hood do fine with them!
4df1da9b97341f57bb932a49bbcf41ea.jpg
00bce1298c566f252ece71171fe38163.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Put on a set of smittybuit upper door skins. Had to replace my best top ones bc the zipper messed up on my drivers side. They seem okay but I don't like the metal pull tabs on the zippers they make too much noise, I'll replace them with some para cord when I dig it it my shed. Right now I just put electrical tape on them.

I also got a new set of tires. Went with the Kendra klevers 31x10.50x15's. I had Toyo open country on there 235x75x15's. thought I was gonna loose 6th gear on the highway but the 4 little squirrels under the hood do fine with them! View attachment 7382View attachment 7383

I figured out, on my smitty doors, if you keep the zipper pulls forward toward the mirror there's sort of a pocket they'll slip in to and stay quiet. If they're kept towards the back, next to your shoulder, they'll drive ya nuts.

Seems like I have to remind my wife of this EVERY time lol. Also it's easier to access while driving, I think.

Reactions: kadehamilton
I figured out, on my smitty doors, if you keep the zipper pulls forward toward the mirror there's sort of a pocket they'll slip in to and stay quiet. If they're kept towards the back, next to your shoulder, they'll drive ya nuts.

Seems like I have to remind my wife of this EVERY time lol. Also it's easier to access while driving, I think.

I'll keep that in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally changed my radiator with one from Oreillys only because they had it in stock and it came with a lifetime warranty. My top tank started to leak once the weather has gotten cooler , and it's probably the last sunny 60 degree weekend I'll see until next April.
My original radiator is quite a bit heavier, and made of copper.