What did you do to your TJ today?

If you fill the cavity of the sub with polyfill(cheap walmart pillows are packed with this material) the sound will be even better. This is also a great time to fill the overhead speaker enclosure with the same material and the front speaker
I agree. Fronts, overheads, and sub all have poly fill.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Ephry73
Decided to stop being lazy and finally drill holes to connect my oil tranny skid to my TC skid and reinstall it.

A19CCA7F-CF4B-41CB-96F3-2A7E6FDD779A.jpeg

Today I replaced the rear washer fluid pump. The new one was from Amazon.
The seal on the new one leaked, so I had to reuse the former seal. :(
The plug didn't say which lead went where, so of course I got it backwards the first time. :cautious:
Did I mention it is 30 degrees outside, so it was a little cold doing all of this. 🥶
Now I'm in front of the fire, typing this up with a nice warm drink, and surfing the Wrangler TJ Forum. 🙂
Life is good!

The plug didn't say which lead went where, so of course I got it backwards the first time. :cautious:
Did I mention it is 30 degrees outside, so it was a little cold doing all of this. 🥶
Now I'm in front of the fire, typing this up with a nice warm drink, and surfing the Wrangler TJ Forum. 🙂
Life is good!
Its the simple things... (y)

Just for shit's and grin's I pulled the chrome overlay off the grill to see how it looked. The paint underneath had a couple of rust spots on it, been on there almost 15 years. Used rubbing compound and then paste wax, turned out fine. View attachment 135379
You put it back on, or you thinking about selling it..??
I'd be interested if you are.

View attachment 135332
I continue my quest to get this Jeep back to a fairly stock condition. Replaced aftermarket wheels with a set of Canyons and got the factory decals back in place. I have a very different vision than the previous owner. Luckily for me, the youth ran out of money before things got too out of control.
Love the stock look - I’m also slowly undoing the PO’s work. Where did you pick up the stock stickers?

Life is good!
I have a spare OEM pump and grommet if you need!

Love the stock look - I’m also slowly undoing the PO’s work. Where did you pick up the stock stickers?

I bought my Sahara decals a few months ago from this guy on eBay. Seem like the real deal.

https://www.ebay.com/str/QUIRK-PARTS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
I bought the Wrangler and 4.0L decals from eBay too, but they are a bit off from factory. I recommend shopping around to get something legit. I'm hopeful that mine last.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Just finished upgrading my upper control arms and replaced my lower control arms too last month. Man my rig is coming along on my overland budget build.
View attachment 135624View attachment 135625View attachment 135626View attachment 135627View attachment 135628View attachment 135629

I put these New/used (N)upper and (U)lower control arms on my Jeep. Right after installation I noticed the ride was rough and seems a bit tougher. I also felt it was a little stiffer too. Before I was running stock pressed metal control arms. The rubber bushing showed 18 years of wear but I felt they were still good.

Will my new set up soften up over time?

I put these New/used (N)upper and (U)lower control arms on my Jeep. Right after installation I noticed the ride was rough and seems a bit tougher. I also felt it was a little stiffer too. Before I was running stock pressed metal control arms. The rubber bushing showed 18 years of wear but I felt they were still good.

Will my new set up soften up over time?
Looks like a poly bushing on those CAs, right? If so, not likely to soften up over your lifetime. Should have gone with rubber bushings.

Swapped the rusty and extremely loose Dynomax turbo muffler for a Flowmaster hushpower 2 Laminar flow stainless unit (bought it used to try) with a new Hooker tail pipe piece(the old one had seen better days).

The sound is much more improved and quieter at the same time, and no longer do I get fumes in the cabin area as before. The muffler is very compact and tucks in nicely with plenty of room to spare. Not quite a tummy tuck, but much better than the previous setup.

Coated everything back there muffler related with the aforementioned POR15 silver paint to prevent any salt damage.

dynomax.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Swapped the rusty and extremely loose Dynomax turbo muffler for a Flowmaster hushpower 2 Laminar flow stainless unit (bought it used to try) with a new Hooker tail pipe piece(the old one had seen better days).

The sound is much more improved and quieter at the same time, and no longer do I get fumes in the cabin area as before. The muffler is very compact and tucks in nicely with plenty of room to spare. Not quite a tummy tuck, but much better than the previous setup.

Coated everything back there muffler related with the aforementioned POR15 silver paint to prevent any salt damage.

View attachment 135814
POR15 comes in a silver color? I’m looking to paint under the tub and I’d prefer silver over black.

POR15 comes in a silver color? I’m looking to paint under the tub and I’d prefer silver over black.
There's a POR15 header high heat paint they offer that is pretty decent. Similar to their tank sealer product, but not glossy at all.

For the area under the tub I like the glossy stuff. Maybe non-issue, but in my head the smoother and glossier the surface, the less likely something will stick to it, or get in the paint. Unless you're covering it all up with the PO15 clear