What did you do to your TJ today?

Why? I'm curious, no criticism implied.
In "technical " driving situations like picking your way through the woods, crawling over obstacles, etc. the throttle is a bit touchy. A stiffer throttle spring(additional spring) helps you modulate the throttle. I'm sure others can give a more detailed explanation as I'm new to Jeeps.

In "technical " driving situations like picking your way through the woods, crawling over obstacles, etc. the throttle is a bit touchy. A stiffer throttle spring(additional spring) helps you modulate the throttle. I'm sure others can give a more detailed explanation as I'm new to Jeeps.
That makes sense - I find the throttle tip-in a bit abrupt myself.

Reactions: matkal
Savvy Offroad transfer case cable shifter installed

905193F4-6C13-4AF4-A13E-A72D82C9B69C.jpeg

Thank you! I am looking forward to trying them out. Another thing that will help motivate me to get the Jeep back together to drive before it gets too hot!

That looks beautiful! This is one of the mods I'd like to do. Unfortunately, due to the Reid knuckles, I can't. My current full size Chevy/Jeep single piston calipers don't stop the LJ like these do!

I've never seen the point of exploding dashboards if you're wearing your seatbelt, but maybe I'm out to lunch on this one.

You are, totally.

Airbags saved my daughter's ass. Torrential rainstorm. She hydroplaned into a concrete barrier at 55 mph (w/ heavy traffic), the car flipped (not rolled) over 4 times according to witnesses. She kicked out what was left of the windshield, found her (smart) phone 40 feet away and called me, then tried to push her car out of traffic.
This was the next day:
(Mind, it was a Honda and not a Chrysler)

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

Yeah, she had a couple of cuts and bruises. Yes, she walked away from that. But seat belts alone...she probably would have died.

ABS on the other hand...is total bullshit for minions. I disabled it in my Tacoma after sliding through too many stop signs in snow that I know damn well I could have stopped the truck on my own. Never an issue since.

Ordered a new windshield for it.

A73D7F27-E382-41FD-98F3-9AC74B8991AB.jpeg
8EA2A8DD-0A8A-4FD6-9204-185AD70F6366.jpeg
8456A09E-19CF-4AF2-8D57-D151938EA288.jpeg
2CD92527-D26C-4C58-9F30-8892D43F4D0E.jpeg

Hubby an I were on our way to pick up lunch and got to the area where all the homeless camps are under the freeway on Roseville road. All of a sudden we got hit by a ton of rocks. Hubby got hit in the arm and my windshield is toast as you can see by the pics. In the pics below I circled the rocks. I just noticed as I was typing this, you can see more rocks behind the red circle to the right of it.
5945A3E9-5789-49F2-8346-DCEE2D66A942.png
41F0BF49-669A-4084-8C51-3657B8DEA6BC.png

Hubby called the police to report it, and they came to his work a couple hours later to take my report. Obviously with no picture of the guy they can't do anything, but at least it is reported and its a start to having complaints on those people. Of course I have told my story to every FB and Twitter new page and county/city page I could think of. I also emailed and treated the governor about it. LOL
B56D5B68-B276-49EA-891A-A8F394CF08D8.jpeg

I had hubby's kid order me a windshield but we have decided to wait on having him install it till the homeless are gone from under the overpass.

Double DIN is in my Jeep's future too - but for an entirely different setup. Single DIN stereo and a CB radio in a single DIN adapter.
Curious, is this adapter you're referencing made specifically for mounting a cb with single din radio? Very interested in this concept

Curious, is this adapter you're referencing made specifically for mounting a cb with single din radio? Very interested in this concept
The devil's in the details, and I don't know them all as yet. You can get an adapter that turns certain models of CBs into a single DIN form factor. You can get another adapter from Crutchfield if I remember correctly, that allows mounting two single DINs into a double. I suspect that the whole thing is an "almost" or a "very close", and that I will have to do some creative sheet metal work myself. All this coupled with the dash bezel that turns a TJ into a supposedly true double DIN...

Reactions: matkal and DaveC
On a better note, today I got it ready for summer weather. :D

466A8B12-6E89-49BA-A471-14B0B1A5F03A.jpeg

4781B869-C46F-4D66-9C12-045779769EA9.jpeg

I also got to try my new window storage. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have always stored them flat, so rolling them up was kind of hard to do. I just like that they are in nice felt type blanket material on in on nice package.

F0741471-2324-42DD-BBE5-4DFBFC4CEDAB.jpeg

I don't plan on taking them with me. I just wanted a nice small package to keep them in so they are easier to store away at the house.