What did you do to your TJ today?

I went to Rapid City, SD over the holiday weekend with my brother. I didn't get much time offroading but there are lots of trails there. We found one mid level trail and a guy took his 2 door JK off road with us for the first time. My Jeep handled good in the hills and roads of the parks. I think I averaged around 15-16 mpg which surprised me.

View attachment 530841
Overall, good trip.

What resource did you use for trails in the Black Hills? I've always been partial to Fun Treks for CO and Moab, but they don't have one for SD. Are there any websites or other guides you recommend?

Today is 80° and 35% humidity in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. That means one thing...TOPS OFF!
20240601_151309.jpg

Of course, rain is expected by Monday, so I'll be scrambling to put the top back on tomorrow night. But until then, I'm going to enjoy this.
Oh, I got my WRG winch line spooled on this morning. Unfortunately, the stinger is so low that it doesn't allow me to use the parking area built into the fairlead for the thimble. This will work for now.

20240601_151329.jpg

I would assume the jeeping community there would be a blast but I tend to avoid large get togethers.

Silver lake just had a collision death on memorial weekend, jeep went off track on acceleration towards a mother and child.. mother managed to push the kid out of harms way but the mother was hit and killed (if you havent seen it in the news) sad story and probably a 1 in a million or so chance of occurring to anyone.
View attachment 531321

I dont tend to get on the trails around MI much either. Still have something going on with my back causing tailbone pain while sitting after about a hour. Additionally the side by sides riding on the trails.. the speeds and extensive trail damage make putzing around less fun. Have had 2 near head on collisions with them drifting blind corners to date. To each they're own though, its their hobby. majority of the trails over the past year have gone from smooth grade to endless washboard & tight corners are cut deep slopes perfect for drifting.

I’m with you on the large groups, 20-40 with one of the Michigan groups…no thanks. It seems like some Jeep groups are mimicking “biker” groups: let’s park our jeeps at a bar and get drunk and admire our “ bad ass” angry bird grills or let’s have a long ass parade through the woods. As you said, to each their own, but it’s not my thing.

With motorcycles on the street 2or 3 was good. With jeeps I’m thinking maybe double that at most but still 2 or 3 is my preferred number.

Was a good day, most importantly put in the storage unit my daughter made in wood shop. Has a pull out shelf for a table or to work on, side spot for jack, oil, etc. Installed the speedohealer, skid plates are great till you need to route a wire to the engine compartment. And washed and treated the top. I know, didn’t happen without pictures.
IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5699.jpeg
?hash=5dafaea27c1fb6cbe03f3011e279af12.jpg
IMG_5695.jpeg
IMG_5696.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

Was a good day, most importantly put in the storage unit my daughter made in wood shop. Has a pull out shelf for a table or to work on, side spot for jack, oil, etc. Installed the speedohealer, skid plates are great till you need to route a wire to the engine compartment. And washed and treated the top. I know, didn’t happen without pictures.
View attachment 531407

View attachment 531408View attachment 531412View attachment 531410View attachment 531411

View attachment 531409

Thats a really nice trunk box you got. There was quite a bit of work done in the details too, she definitely spent some time on that project.

She did a great job! I drew it up, but that was the easy part. We got the 3/4” walnut plywood for $50 from the damaged pile. Right now it isn’t attached, but it is pretty solid and heavy. If someone bust the tailgate lock they can access the drawer. Trying to decide If I should install some other type of lock on it. Someone really wants in they will get in. She is going to apply a finish to it. Probably will use a polyurethane on it.