What did you do to your TJ today?

Barricade used to make a grille cover which is exactly what I was looking for, but they don't make it anymore.

I bought the last one. ;) I got it 7 years ago and they discontinued them soon after.
Rubi grille new.jpg

Yeah that is the "downside" persay, i wonder if its truly a problem even with a good brand of wrap like 3M ? I may do that myself on wrapping the grill in a satin/almost matte black.

I used 3M clear vinyl on my 05' to protect it from any rock chips. It showed zero discoloration (yellowing) after 7-8 years, unlike the cheaper vinyl.
Willys.jpg

More shop time for the sub build … everything fits great. Just waiting for the amp—going from the 4-channel Soundstream ST4.1200D and adding a channel (300w @ 2Ω, planning for at least 250w) to the ST5.1300D. It only adds 1.5” to the length, so it’ll go in the same spot, the stock bracket under the steering wheel for the satellite radio unit.

I wouldn’t usually use a “mini” class-D amp, but the size and measured output fits the bill perfectly for a hidden TJ amp (I don’t like exposed wiring or components under seats). They’re meant for motorcycles and SXS, but power is cheap and small nowadays as long as it outputs close to its spec sheet (have to measure them).

Finished version of the sub will have no hardware showing—this is just a test baffle so I can swap it for other drivers and port exits for testing.

IMG_9422.jpeg

IMG_9430.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

IMG_9436.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

Last edited:
Whittled down this pile some. Front rotors and BMB done a couple weeks ago.

20240505_111929.jpg

The day after Final Destination, I replaced the steering stabilizer, front springs, and shocks. The springs are RockJock and the shocks are RS500x. My LJ had a rake to the front and these new springs helped level it out some. The old shocks were absolutely shot. The new ones, while only on the front, have made a huge difference in ride quality.

20240512_154411.jpg

20240601_144734.jpg

20240601_155912.jpg

Still have rear rotors/pads and AntiRock to install.

More shop time for the sub build … everything fits great. Just waiting for the amp—going from the 4-channel Soundstream ST4.1200D and adding a channel (300w @ 2Ω, planning for at least 250w) to the ST5.1300D. It only adds 1.5” to the length, so it’ll go in the same spot, the stock bracket under the steering wheel for the satellite radio unit.

I wouldn’t usually use a “mini” class-D amp, but the size and measured output fits the bill perfectly for a hidden TJ amp (I don’t like exposed wiring or components under seats). They’re meant for motorcycles and SXS, but power is cheap and small nowadays as long as it outputs close to its spec sheet (have to measure them).

Finished version of the sub will have no hardware showing—this is just a test baffle so I can swap it for other drivers and port exits for testing.

View attachment 532299

View attachment 532300

View attachment 532301

View attachment 532302

View attachment 532303

I kept my satellite radio bracket thinking it might work for an amp, good to know it does

Installed my new Bestop Supertop. The fabric is nice, but the frame had a couple quality control issues, which were pretty disappointing. I had two instances where bolt holes didn't get close to lining up and had to make some modifications. The most ridiculous issue, pictured below, is one of the holes in the frame wasn't even completely drilled all the way through. At least it was an easy fix.

That said, happy to have a soft top again for the summer for the first time in a couple years.

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

Installed my new Bestop Supertop. The fabric is nice, but the frame had a couple quality control issues, which were pretty disappointing. I had two instances where bolt holes didn't get close to lining up and had to make some modifications. The most ridiculous issue, pictured below, is one of the holes in the frame wasn't even completely drilled all the way through. At least it was an easy fix.

That said, happy to have a soft top again for the summer for the first time in a couple years.

View attachment 532452

View attachment 532451

I had this exact experience a couple weeks ago installing a new super top on the LJ.

Had to clean up the holes in the frame so the screws would go in.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Today is 80° and 35% humidity in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. That means one thing...TOPS OFF!
View attachment 531371

Of course, rain is expected by Monday, so I'll be scrambling to put the top back on tomorrow night. But until then, I'm going to enjoy this.
Oh, I got my WRG winch line spooled on this morning. Unfortunately, the stinger is so low that it doesn't allow me to use the parking area built into the fairlead for the thimble. This will work for now.

View attachment 531372

Really like that front bumper. Which one is this?
Thanks!

Ordered some new fuel injectors as mine are cracked… snagged some Bosch 4 hole ones from precision auto injectors since they were way cheaper than mopar and very reputable.

Randomly typed “jeep” in the discount box at checkout and it worked 😂 easy $32 saved!!

View attachment 532463

Reminds me of when I hacked our college neighbors' internet in 10-15 minutes by typing something like "Fourcutegirls" lol

Good news about the transmission leak: the rear output seal and the shift shaft seal that I replaced last November are not leaking again.

Bad news about the transmission leak: I have no flipping clue what is leaking though.

Ok, I do have a clue. I think it is the transmission pan gasket that is leaking. Last July or so, I replaced the stock trans pan with a deep trans pan that also had a drain plug. When I did that, I replaced the gasket with a LubeLocker gasket. I think that seal between the pan, gasket, and the trans is leaking. Right now, I have the skid plate off and I have sprayed white antifungal foot powder all over the place to hopefully find the leak. If it is that gasket, it will be very annoying. I heard LL gaskets are great, and I will have no idea why it is leaking. I went at least 500 miles without leaking and then just started leaking about 2 months ago.