What did you do to your TJ today?

How big of a hole? I'm thinking somewhere in the 3/8 to 1/2 range.

I was afraid you were going to ask that. :LOL: I honestly don't remember. I’m certain it was not 1/2", but something a little smaller. Probably 3/8", maybe even 5/16"

There is a post here somewhere where I said what I used, but I have no idea where that thread is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I was afraid you were going to ask that. :LOL: I honestly don't remember. I certain it was not 1/2", but something a little smaller. Probably 3/8", maybe even 5/16"

There is a post here somewhere where I said what I used, but I have no idea where that thread is.

I'll go to my local Ace and see what kind of drill bits they have. I mean, it is water. It can drain through a pretty small hole, but the hole has to be big enough so that it doesn't get clogged easily.

I'll go to my local Ace and see what kind of drill bits they have. I mean, it is water. It can drain through a pretty small hole, but the hole has to be big enough so that it doesn't get clogged easily.

Grab stepped bit set from Harbor Freight. Stop when you think it's big enough... ;)

Something like 1/2" seems about right, though.

Pulled the engine out of the green machine! Separating it from the transmission was a PITA.

IMG_4125.jpeg

How big of a hole? I'm thinking somewhere in the 3/8 to 1/2 range.

I drilled 1/2" as that's what I had. Flushed everything with a garden hose, then primed/painted once the water dried.

And I suggest doing this as well:
490.jpg

This is a better version of what I did - there is a low spot here that won't drain unless you do something similar. Note how its slightly outboard of the bumper mounting hole.

I drilled 1/2" as that's what I had. Flushed everything with a garden hose, then primed/painted once the water dried.

And I suggest doing this as well:
View attachment 531035
This is a better version of what I did - there is a low spot here that won't drain unless you do something similar. Note how its slightly outboard of the bumper mounting hole.

I like this as another spot! I have the bumper off. I'll be adding this too!