What did you do to your TJ today?

You can try and run a screw in the plastic and see if you can pull the dipstick out

Yep. Tried to run a drill down the middle but it just pushed it in.
I may squeeze the tube with a pair of vice grips to hold it, then run a screw down it.
Either way, the RMS is weeping about 3-4 drops overnight so, it's time.

Yep. Tried to run a drill down the middle but it just pushed it in.
I may squeeze the tube with a pair of vice grips to hold it, then run a screw down it.
Either way, the RMS is weeping about 3-4 drops overnight so, it's time.

You can pull the tube from the block.

Put a new Thermostat, Thermostat Housing and Radiator in the Jeep yesterday. Runs so much cooler now.

View attachment 538935

A few minutes at the self car wash would go a long way to cleaning up that engine bay. Cover up the air intake inlet, the PCM, and then go to town. Or don't cover those up and just be careful. I think they have an engine degreaser option at my car wash too.

Last edited:
Went topless to the river for some Seadoo fun.

20240623_072516.jpg

Started working on storage this weekend.
I need to fit my 6' table, fridge, 13 gallon water tank, and lithium battery.

New Storage 2.jpg

Just getting started.
New Storage 3.jpg

This is a top notch project.
New Storage 4.jpg

Got it to the point where it looks like everything will fit. I still need to secure the fridge and bins. I also will need to start mounting the battery behind the water tank and wiring the dual battery setup. I did make some mistakes, but I am using existing materials left over from other projects so I have spent zero dollars so far. I am happy with it so far.

New Storage 1.jpg

Replaced the O-ring in the fitting on the radiator for the transmission cooler. It was a bit of a pain but seems to have fixed my leak.

At one point the o-ring went completely inside the cooler but I was lucky enough to fish it out with a pick.

Do the earlier (mine is a 2006) radiators come with a barb fitting or double flare instead of the push connects?

My '03 has barbed fittings. I can't say if they are factory or not since I bought it used... Looked and acted like factory when I had to take everything apart for the engine replacement.

Last edited:
If I just want to replace the radiator v-brace, what would that require? I got one and had it powder coated. I can see the three bolt heads.

Wouldn't be too tough if you don't have A/C. On my 05 with A/C I removed the radiator, then there are 4 evil little bastard rubber well nuts that hold the condenser to the grill, two on top, and two at the bottom on the rear of the condenser. If it's like mine, the metal inserts will spin inside the rubber. I saw some people mention grabbing the rubber insert inside the grill with vice grips and undoing it but save yourself the time and frustration and just use a flap disc to grind the head down and punch them through. You can't get to the backside of them on the bottom anyway.

Then the condenser can be pulled far enough away from the grill to slip the brace out. Be careful not to stress the condenser lines.

You can get new well nuts at Menards or similar. A search of the forum will find what you need.

I really need to clean the engine. Make it more photogenic. 🙂
I haven't owned it that long though. It set for 3 years before I bought it.

whenever I start cleaning mine, I just think I'll just clean this part... then the surrounding parts look worse next to that clean part so I clean those... then the surrounding parts of that look bad so I clean those....then the surrounding parts of that look bad...(you see where I'm going with this ) :p

Started working on storage this weekend.
I need to fit my 6' table, fridge, 13 gallon water tank, and lithium battery.

View attachment 538974
Just getting started.
View attachment 538975
This is a top notch project.
View attachment 538976
Got it to the point where it looks like everything will fit. I still need to secure the fridge and bins. I also will need to start mounting the battery behind the water tank and wiring the dual battery setup. I did make some mistakes, but I am using existing materials left over from other projects so I have spent zero dollars so far. I am happy with it so far.

View attachment 538972

I’ve got that same refrigerator in my camper… love it!

IMG_0817.jpeg

Drove to my office this pm to chill out and nurse a receivable with a client that has me concerned.......big in vehicle rat problem in my neck of the woods lately - you guys know any tricks besides cats, Crosman air rifles and peppermint? Pretty sure I’ve been visited.

View attachment 538677

Most rodents are repelled by mothballs. You need the kind made from para-dichlorobenzine, not naphtha. I would just toss a handful on the floor. The smell goes away pretty quickly, especially in an open Jeep...they are also allergic to lead, notably .22LR fired from a suppressed Ruger Mark III. Personally tested and found effective.

Dude.. no way.
I'd move to another state.

I drove 14 miles and found out the sucker went with me …no joke. He bailed at my office.

I’m in a rural area and they are looking for water- they are about to find some - in a 5 gallon bucket set as a trap…

I drove 14 miles and found out the sucker went with me …no joke. He bailed at my office.

I’m in a rural area and they are looking for water- they are about to find some - in a 5 gallon bucket set as a trap…

So you had a big rat in the Jeep with you for 14 miles?
That's just messed up.