What did you do to your TJ today?

Removed and painted the grill v-brace, replaced those awful condenser well nuts, new water pump, thermostat and housing, hoses, radiator. Got the fan back on and system filled up. Painted a couple rusty and rubbed spots, replaced some hardware with stainless

Tomorrow I'll smoke a brisket and work on the TJ. Need to finish installing the intake, welding in the new muffler, maybe get the center console stack painted and heated seats wired

View attachment 537955

View attachment 537957

View attachment 537958

View attachment 537960

View attachment 537961

View attachment 537962

If I just want to replace the radiator v-brace, what would that require? I got one and had it powder coated. I can see the three bolt heads.

Reactions: John Cooper
Ok I got the wire that was giving me transmission fits done correctly.

Cleaned the old wire loom off, used liquid electrical tape to seal the bare spot.

Fabric wire tape and then split wire loom.

20240629_135734.jpg

Then I did a little more painting on the back end of BB...

20240629_140042.jpg

The runs on the cross member and gas tank skid were already there.

Nope I didn't do any masking again.

Since covid and Fouche I have become anti-mask........ :cool: :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Got the 2 lights installed on the new front bumper and 2 on the A-pillar. Currently all 4 light pods are flood/spot combos.

I can't decide if I want to add the 3rd set on the bumper or move the A-pillar lights to the bumper and have none on the A-pillar. If I move them to the bumper they will stay the same, flood/spot combo pods. If I add the 3rd set, the A-pillar lights will become just spots lights. It is just a matter of changing the lenses on them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Painted my hardtop - 1st coat, single stage urethane

7D3D5A0E-A419-42B1-BB3F-BCBFE2C59D07.jpeg

Assembled my painted door panels

0278AE2A-95CB-4B0D-A3E4-DC3798FCE77C.jpeg

Like the color for a Lowes off the shelf color-

CEBDD67D-D46C-42CE-AD34-A567C33EDA89.jpeg

Amazon will save you 80 percent or more on small parts -

3361EF05-F493-4B1E-9238-4AC684F31E6F.jpeg

Buddy wants a belly rub

9888B84E-1990-40B6-B08C-4E96924A4D5F.jpeg

If you want doors to go on easier and aren’t worried about the nuts, take 1/4” more off the top pin

70AE067F-0E73-4B85-8167-CB52DEEBFD7B.jpeg

Painted my hardtop - 1st coat, single stage urethane

View attachment 538862
Assembled my painted door panels

View attachment 538863
Like the color for a Lowes off the shelf color-

View attachment 538864

Amazon will save you 80 percent or more on small parts -

View attachment 538865

Buddy wants a belly rub

View attachment 538868
If you want doors to go on easier and aren’t worried about the nuts, take 1/4” more off the top pin

View attachment 538871

Buddy knows what he wants and knows he wants it right now, go buddy

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and AndyG
Not bad -

Delrin bushings

New paint

Easier to install with threads gone -

5903DED1-26E2-4514-A0E3-49E3C5522ECE.jpeg

E1E454B7-0E23-45CC-9C43-46737A16835E.jpeg

The panels are a shade light

image.jpg

This rig is not about perfection-

It’s about being mechanically sound and ready for the street or the trail - anytime

It is insanely fun-drives closer to a Miata- shocks people who drive it

Installed Yukon large Spin free hub kit. Vibes be gone.
I now have available for resale USA RGA rubicon large ujoint front axle shafts. Also a set of unit bearings and rotors. Maybe 10k miles on them.

View attachment 537876

Is that a 5x5.5 or does it still retain the 5x4.5 BP? It looks big on picture as to why I'm asking,It looks great man 😁 I really want to do this on my LJ as it's a daily !
Any possible fuel savings ? Like 1 mpg better ? I wonder if I could get some stubs from rcvs once the time comes of me doing rcvs!

Is that a 5x5.5 or does it still retain the 5x4.5 BP? It looks big on picture as to why I'm asking,It looks great man 😁 I really want to do this on my LJ as it's a daily !
Any possible fuel savings ? Like 1 mpg better ? I wonder if I could get some stubs from rcvs once the time comes of me doing rcvs!
Based on the hub, I'm going to guess it is a 5x5.5.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/yuko...wPnMCb6YCROxTMrNOuxoC1vgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can get one with 5x4.5. It uses the same lockout that the '97 and older Ranger uses.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/yuko...EHvzxy51SPpBEqMy9SxoCeSsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld
*Intense 90s commercial guy voice 🤘🏼* DEATH WOBBLE BE GONE......😆

Quick 15 min. Job to take the steering off ! Just waiting on amazon to deliver my stuff here shortly (hopefully)
Doing the ZJ steering Upgrade using Moog parts,Thanks to yall on the threads i got the part numbers😁 !
No more crappy steering that I got when I bent my 1st setup🙃
20240629_165045.jpg

Psst. Them ARP studs are lookin pretty,same with the E coated rotors !

Last edited:

Good looking out !
Yeah it definitely seems to be the 5x5x5!
A bit expensive especially since a bigger axle might be going under my jeep as i already have it (HP44 from a 78 f250) ,but i really want to keep my rig light and nimble cause I like the feeling of a go kart that it has,This hub kit might help with that feeling too......I guess I'll find out....
The info is appreciated,Thanks !

EDIT- Well 1.6 to 2k for a hub kit ain't too bad on Yukons website or amazon ! for the 5x5.5 kit atleast . Extreme terrain is upselling it too much by 500$'s more !

Last edited:
Reactions: mjonesjr84
Worked on my son's TJ. Re-routed the wiring for his above-the-windshield lights... the PO did a poor job of hiding them. Also fixed his blower. Turns out the fan speed switch wasn't working. I was able to get it going again with some electronics grade contact cleaner, though I don't really expect that to last very long. At least we know what the problem is though. If it does stop again, we'll just replace the switch. Also got his radio working again. Not a bad day!

Replaced the O-ring in the fitting on the radiator for the transmission cooler. It was a bit of a pain but seems to have fixed my leak.

At one point the o-ring went completely inside the cooler but I was lucky enough to fish it out with a pick.

Do the earlier (mine is a 2006) radiators come with a barb fitting or double flare instead of the push connects?