What did you do to your TJ today?

Saturday, I put my rear adjustable upper control arms on. Corrected the pinion angle. Verified the creak from the front is a ball joint. Yay. Found the nut on the front JKS adjustable track bar loose. Cranked the nut down and will keep an eye on it. May need to locktite it or weld it.

Today, ordered ball joints. Had given consideration to going ahead and doing ball joints when I put the new front wheel hubs on, but finding the source of the moaning and groaning solidified the line of thinking. Also ordered some of the light bar clamps to secure the park brake cable and brake hose to the new control arms.
I had to retightening my JSK bar for I swear months. No amount of loctite was keeping it from backing off. It finally stopped moving after I put a big ass breaker bar on it and popped a vein tightening it.

how did you go about making the adjustments? Did you follow any guides or videos? Any hints/tips?

For now I kept them the same measurement at stock (still have the skid plate drop from the old life on). I just did one arm at time with tires on the ground and they bolted up fairly easy. When the SYE and CV go on on however, Im assuming the angle of the pinion will dictate the length of the upper control arms. Someone more experienced than me can probably comment on that...in fact, can anyone confirm that?

It's not what I did to my TJ today as much as what I did for my TJ today.
As OEM parts become harder to find; I ordered a spare Mopar OEM IAT sensor, TPS and IAC solenoid for the Jeep.
The other day I ordered the Mopar OEM Crank Position sensor and Cam Position sensor.

I put my top down for the summer,
I believe I'll just go ahead and take it off completely now.
Completely different look now.
IMG_1269.JPG

Saturday, I put my rear adjustable upper control arms on. Corrected the pinion angle. Verified the creak from the front is a ball joint. Yay. Found the nut on the front JKS adjustable track bar loose. Cranked the nut down and will keep an eye on it. May need to locktite it or weld it.
Mark it with a Dykem Brite Mark pen. I use the medium tip in orange.

Something like this:
5B4551D1-ED8F-42DE-9D49-0A31345621D9.jpeg

I’ve been lurking on this thread for over 2 years now. I even joined the forum in December of 2018 with the intention of posting, but I never actually got around to doing it. So this is my very first post, and I just want to thank everyone for sharing their wealth of knowledge, and their awesome Jeep pics/mods. I’ve lurked on the other forums, but those seem to mostly be filled with grandstanding and temper tantrums. On this forum, however, people will actually take the time to explain the technical aspects of Jeep mods, and no one shames anyone else for their lack of Jeep knowledge. For those reasons, among others, this is my go-to site for when I’m searching for Jeep advice on Google (I deadass conduct my Google searches with “WranglerTJForum” as a search parameter). I’m also fairly certain that @Kiwi TJ is my humour doppelgänger from down-under 😂 I am so happy that I stumbled across this site while researching seat covers one night when I was bored at work, and so grateful for all of the awesome people on it with their fantastic advice/Jeep mods. However, my bank account hates all of you 😡😂

Alright, enough with the sappy sh*t. These posts are nothing without pics, so here goes nothing:

Again thanks to this forum and it’s excellent advice/parts recommendations, I changed my spark plugs, which hadn’t been touched in a while. The gaps ranged from .045 to .060 😳😳 3 of the 4 came out easily, the 4th was finessed out with some gently added leverage. All were replaced with Autolite XP985s (all gapped at .035), and Bandit the Jeep now seems to have a bit more pep in his step.

FA875FDE-396A-400E-9BB2-0270031501C4.jpeg
4ECA02CF-859E-4CAA-B5E0-F5B8D95E714B.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to retightening my JSK bar for I swear months. No amount of loctite was keeping it from backing off. It finally stopped moving after I put a big ass breaker bar on it and popped a vein tightening it.
I had the same problem with my front JKS track bar bolt. Went to the hardware store and got another nut to double nut it. Hasn't come loose since.

I had the same problem with my front JKS track bar bolt. Went to the hardware store and got another nut to double nut it. Hasn't come loose since.
This was actually my next option and so far the big ass breaker bar did the trick. I may still do the double nut trick just to be sure.

Ordered some 8mm nylon air line to clean up my Evap lines from relocating my Evap canister to install the PSC reservoir. Thought I took a pic but guess I'll have to get one tomorrow. Also installed new O2 sensors, Mopar Cap and Rotor and Delphi Coil. Also fed it some sea foam through the Vaccum line and fogged out my neighborhood.

I’ve been lurking on this thread for over 2 years now. I even joined the forum in December of 2018 with the intention of posting, but I never actually got around to doing it. So this is my very first post, and I just want to thank everyone for sharing their wealth of knowledge, and their awesome Jeep pics/mods. I’ve lurked on the other forums, but those seem to mostly be filled with grandstanding and temper tantrums. On this forum, however, people will actually take the time to explain the technical aspects of Jeep mods, and no one shames anyone else for their lack of Jeep knowledge. For those reasons, among others, this is my go-to site for when I’m searching for Jeep advice on Google (I deadass conduct my Google searches with “WranglerTJForum” as a search parameter). I’m also fairly certain that @Kiwi TJ is my humour doppelgänger from down-under 😂 I am so happy that I stumbled across this site while researching seat covers one night when I was bored at work, and so grateful for all of the awesome people on it with their fantastic advice/Jeep mods. However, my bank account hates all of you 😡😂

Alright, enough with the sappy sh*t. These posts are nothing without pics, so here goes nothing:

Again thanks to this forum and it’s excellent advice/parts recommendations, I changed my spark plugs, which hadn’t been touched in a while. The gaps ranged from .045 to .060 😳😳 3 of the 4 came out easily, the 4th was finessed out with some gently added leverage. All were replaced with Autolite XP985s (all gapped at .035), and Bandit the Jeep now seems to have a bit more pep in his step.

View attachment 156821View attachment 156822
Welcome to the forum...finally !!! and thanks for the mention, you can never have too much humour (or humor) ;)

Picked up full soft doors, figured out the striker pin for closing the door and gave it a few coats of fabric paint. Speaker wire makes a great window zipper handle

Those look great! Did you clear coat the fabric after, or just black? I have a Set of 1/2 soft that could use a fresh look. I don’t ever use them but might throw em on.

Cranked my Jeep up Monday morning & it sounded like a lawn mower. After the jeep warmed up for about 5 minutes, the sound went away. I'm thinking exhaust leak.

Yesterday, I used a shop vac as a blower blowing up the exhaust pipe & soapy water to look for leaks. Found bubbles on the manifold by the firewall. (See photo.) Rear most bolt on the exhaust header was loose. Tightened it up. No noise this morning, so maybe I got it. Time will tell.

SmartSelect_20200429-094906_Video Player.jpg

Those look great! Did you clear coat the fabric after, or just black? I have a Set of 1/2 soft that could use a fresh look. I don’t ever use them but might throw em on.

Thanks. No clear coat just used fabric paint. I bought 2 cans and used one for both doors. I use the second can for touch ups or an extra coat if you wish.