What did you do to your TJ today?

Reactions: Jamison C
Not much, but I did install this today..
IMG_20200523_100430_hdr.jpg

remember those who gave all this weekend while your grillin' and chillin'

🍻

Wow your Sahara looks in terrific shape. Hope I can get mine this nice some day.
Are you using doorsurrounds? ‘Cause I dont see them.

John
Thank you! Not in those photos. I had just removed the hard top. I put the soft top on after I had driven around a bit. They’re in now 😉
DDD76D19-4650-4A0C-9B77-FD4AE7B1F1CD.jpeg

When hubby power washed under my hood, it blew out my underhood light. For the life of me I can't find the other bulb that came in the 2 pack I bought. So I ordered a 2 pack of LED lights. Well, that didn't go very well. LOL I didn't pay attention to how it was made and the light is actually facing to one side or the other instead of out like it should. Oops. I thought of maybe putting the other light in facing the opposite way but I am thinking that may not go well either if they touch each other.

FA0E934D-5B00-44B2-8FB6-259E3AF28F30.jpeg

So much for Bosch fuel pumps being reliable. Installed the Bosch #69316 December 12th last year and it left me stranded in the middle of my mail route yesterday!! Luckily I still had the cheap pump from a kit I bought for the filter screens and rubber grommet. Took about 45 minutes to swap it out!! Also decided to do a little carbon removal on the IAC and it's housing, didn't bother to take pics of that since there are plenty on @Chris how to clean the IAC thread.

1590285329059.png

1590285356765.png

Last edited:
When hubby power washed under my hood, it blew out my underhood light. For the life of me I can't find the other bulb that came in the 2 pack I bought. So I ordered a 2 pack of LED lights. Well, that didn't go very well. LOL I didn't pay attention to how it was made and the light is actually facing to one side or the other instead of out like it should. Oops. I thought of maybe putting the other light in facing the opposite way but I am thinking that may not go well either if they touch each other.

View attachment 164051

Get this style, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VFDFN7/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The twisted ends will put the light shining in the right direction.

What LED bulb did you use? I ended up buying two - one that was brighter that wouldn't fit under the lens, and one that did fit that seemed to be about the same as the incandescent bulb...

Is this one of the ones that pull out so you can use the light in other areas? I was thinking about getting one of those types. Need to remember to look for one next time I go to Pic n Pull. :D
Just get the one from the link that somebody posted, it's 10 bucks on Ebay. My kid and I have checked literally over 100 early model GMs at the yard, it's like a needle in a haystack.

Removed the A-pillar-to-roll-cage bars, cleaned off all the junk (stickers) put on them by previous owners as well as rust/crapped out paint, and repainted them in preparation for installing the new SRC 7-piece roll cage kit #76900 when it gets delivered.
My jeep has obvious signs of having the Rockhard 4X4 cage kit on it in the past (including Rockhard 4X4 stickers on above-mentioned bars :)) and, as far as I can tell, the SRC kit is the same RH4x4 kit, just sold by Smittybilt. I base this on the fact that they look as close to identical as twin babies from a single egg and the fact that (according to RH4x4), their 6-bolt compression clamps are patented and those are definitely used in both kits.

Last edited: