What did you do to your TJ today?

Just finished wiring up my 04 TJ with my buds man relay box that I wired up to the greatest switch panel ever from OTRATTW! Took me forever but it turned out great!

5303880B-C1FF-4102-B2CA-00F49CBAD5B4.jpeg

E62E795F-2767-4EE8-B7D0-663AE992A00E.jpeg

This was pretty simple, just four 1” sheet metal screws for the brackets (drill pilot hole first if you still have carpet in your Jeep), but I found a perfect spot just on the left of the driver’s seat that makes the Element fire extinguisher very easily accessible. This thing is tiny and super light compared to a traditional fire extinguisher, plus it never expires. It’s not exactly cheap but still not nearly as expensive as a H3R fire extinguisher. In case of a rollover, I feel much safer with this little flare size Element than a big metal fire extinguisher potentially bouncing around the cab.

81F60B0B-B7F8-4E3B-9A6D-41D3574E3811.jpeg

This was pretty simple, just four 1” sheet metal screws for the brackets (drill pilot hole first if you still have carpet in your Jeep), but I found a perfect spot just on the left of the driver’s seat that makes the Element fire extinguisher very easily accessible. This thing is tiny and super light compared to a traditional fire extinguisher, plus it never expires. It’s not exactly cheap but still not nearly as expensive as a H3R fire extinguisher. In case of a rollover, I feel much safer with this little flare size Element than a big metal fire extinguisher potentially bouncing around the cab.

View attachment 164469

Nice! Aside from the bouncing around in the cab during a roll over, with space being the commodity that it is in our TJs you could have a few of these in the same space as a 2.5lb dry chem. extinguisher.

Reactions: DrDmoney and matkal

View attachment 164469

It will put out A,B,C & K fires...
Great find...
I ordered one too...

Reactions: afmoto and reddvltj
Not sure if it's every state, but Pep Boys in AZ is closing down the retail side of operations and just leaving the service side open. Pretty much everything is 50% off. I went today for various parts and items. I saw this steering wheel cover for less than $10 and threw it in the cart as well.

00100_BURST20200525143541322_COVER.jpg

Not sure if it's every state, but Pep Boys in AZ is closing down the retail side of operations and just leaving the service side open. Pretty much everything is 50% off. I went today for various parts and items. I saw this steering wheel cover for less than $10 and threw it in the cart as well.

View attachment 164513
It’s your Jeep, if you like it it’s cool 😎!

nice, what does that kryptek seat cover look like?

I recognize that paint design :cool: Mine's on it's way there too. A little ways off yet but getting there lol
The bedliner looks awesome!
Thanks. Jurassic Park has always been one of my favorite movies. I was around 13 when it came out, and we watched it at the drive in. Nothing better as a kid than seeing a 30’ tall t-Rex.
I got the flares, bumpers, door surrounds, and a bunch of other little parts all raptored today in standard black. Popped the drivers side flare on to see how it looks.

F0B6148C-6CA8-45BA-BE54-66B67666D15D.jpeg

9044D9AB-A906-4B04-9121-0A1818F1F586.jpeg

7C7A9B59-E163-4712-BDF4-2A73A1397D50.jpeg

24A4C8EF-9D60-46F5-A91D-E545C95DA4AB.jpeg

374440D4-9F37-4590-AAA0-E897C92648BB.jpeg

I
nice, what does that kryptek seat cover look like?

Headwaters seat covers with a pistol pocket, pen pocket, big map pocket on the back and single gun scabbard for my pre-64 Winchester Model 94. Takes a good hour to install one but then you never have to adjust it again, it fits like a glove!
538D596C-C7E5-47D4-AB72-44E066E6DEC3.jpeg

Since I took the pic of the seat cover, I also thought I would post a pic of the PowerTank in the Kidde fire extinguisher mount, bolted through the floor (not going anywhere, definitely wouldn’t want that sucker bouncing around the cab in a rollover). You might also noticed the Silky Saw 330 ZÜBAT Arborist behind the PowerTank, which pretty much replaced my Stihl chainsaw, unless I’m specifically going for a trail clearing trip where we will cut a bunch of wood. PowerTank adds weight, Silky Saw saves weight...
4289FFF6-F421-409D-A2FA-8EFF95A974A6.jpeg

I

Headwaters seat covers with a pistol pocket, pen pocket, big map pocket on the back and single gun scabbard for my pre-64 Winchester Model 94. Takes a good hour to install one but then you never have to adjust it again, it fits like a glove!
View attachment 164563
Thanks. Jurassic Park has always been one of my favorite movies. I was around 13 when it came out, and we watched it at the drive in. Nothing better as a kid than seeing a 30’ tall t-Rex.
I got the flares, bumpers, door surrounds, and a bunch of other little parts all raptored today in standard black. Popped the drivers side flare on to see how it looks.

View attachment 164558

View attachment 164559

View attachment 164560

View attachment 164561

View attachment 164562
Nice job on the Raptor. Makes my work look pretty lame. Oh well, over it. :)

OMG :oops:, some of those are uhm, just, uhm...
Seriously, that looks like the kind of stuff I ran into on one of our ATV's years back....total shit storm caused by someone who thought they were qualified to work on...anything. Might have been the PO, might have been a shop "technician"...who knows.

Good job replacing that lot!

Reactions: GEEP4ME
Finished up main install of Currie/Savvy lift - rear bumps, HD springs, adjustable rear track bar in today. Now to torque bolts, adjust pinon and install Currie steering. Then off to get tail pie re routed and alignment. Then to the hills!
20200525_191018.jpg

20200525_191043.jpg

New shocks in box waitng on suspension cycling to verify correct length.

Since I took the pic of the seat cover, I also thought I would post a pic of the PowerTank in the Kidde fire extinguisher mount, bolted through the floor (not going anywhere, definitely wouldn’t want that sucker bouncing around the cab in a rollover). You might also noticed the Silky Saw 330 ZÜBAT Arborist behind the PowerTank, which pretty much replaced my Stihl chainsaw, unless I’m specifically going for a trail clearing trip where we will cut a bunch of wood. PowerTank adds weight, Silky Saw saves weight...
View attachment 164564
Love Silky!

View attachment 164558

View attachment 164559

View attachment 164560

View attachment 164561

View attachment 164562

This is going to be awesome, do you have a build thread?

Installed my grab handles and took off the Poison Spyder roll bar mount Velcro handles. Those are always in my way getting in and out. The front mounted metal grab bars are much better located.
A few pictures..(as if no one has ever seen them before) 🤪

IMG_20200525_121544399_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200525_121651025_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200525_121632942.jpg

Last edited: