What did you do to your TJ today?

Continued to work on my CJ style roll bar project. I have the driver's side coped and ready to burn in. I guess the PVC isn't going to work after all :rolleyes::p

IMG_20200527_191908.jpg

IMG_20200527_192130.jpg

Went out this afternoon and cleaned the zipper on one of the roll bar covers, started to unzip it, got about 4 inches of it unzipped and was looking at what other things I need to take off to clean and dye the covers. Zipped the cover back up and went in the house. LOL Something to do on a cooler day, not 100*. LOL

Drove it home from the shop after having 4.88s and ARBs installed.

The drive reminded me of a few things I need to do- straighten steering wheel, clear air bag code. . . and chase down a sPOD short.

Got my dash put back in along with the steering column and ignition!!!

My cooling system (mopar rad and water pump along with everything else) and new AC parts should be coming tomorrow, so hopefully I can get everything installed and fire up the rebuilt engine for the first time next week! Exciting times.

E4473CAE-0280-457F-AA26-3E638A94E7ED.jpeg

My cooling system (mopar rad and water pump along with everything else) and new AC parts should be coming tomorrow, so hopefully I can get everything installed and fire up the rebuilt engine for the first time next week! Exciting times.

Somedays I miss the simplicity of the older style dashboards.

The later model factory skids still fit the early model TJs. I have a 2000 and it came with the open sided skid like the one that came off your jeep. The newer design is much better constructed IMO.

Here's the one I put in after replacing the pump
View attachment 164977

This is the one that came factory with the tank still in it (same as the one on your Jeep)
View attachment 164980

thank you for your help, reddvltj 👍

Reactions: reddvltj
I, personally, like the stock-ish look of the Jeep, hhnce why I have no plans to lift the Jeep. Similarly, I like the way the cover looks right now.
Just been on and off on deciding to get a winch, seeing if there's any way to add one without cutting that cover.
Thanks, though!
The cover does look good on there, I didn't want to remove mine either. So I trimmed it some when I put my winch on and was able to keep the cover on, don't even notice where it was trimmed. I can take a picture of the winch on and cover on if you like. It does look alot cleaner with the cover.

Reactions: Moab and matkal
Cleaned 22 years of dirt and grime off my seats. Pulled the covers off and used a Bissel little green to clean them. Perfect, no. But 100 times better than what they were! Note if you are going to remove the covers, hold the velcro on the foam down and pull the cover as close as you can to where the Velcro is connected. I did not and had the lovely joy of re-stitching where I pulled the stitches out and hat to regular one small pot where the Velcro pull off of the foam itself....F0BCC686-139D-4F86-9BD1-F1C5F2C09F2C.jpeg329BE001-9B21-46AD-A3A8-D1D350431604.jpeg0128DF16-CD52-495E-964D-21E95B4B596F.jpegBCE12128-6301-4404-B44D-696414F8292B.jpegF73EE61D-1CE4-4E00-9020-D85E6A3DB7B3.jpegF73EE61D-1CE4-4E00-9020-D85E6A3DB7B3.jpeg23C0839F-FDB6-4C86-8CEF-44D59E481368.jpeg

View attachment 165130
What did you use to paint the dash?

Hello fellow sufferer, apparently I'm not alone with the rust problem ;)
Lol the skid was horrible I've only had the jeep for a bit so rust was the first thing I went for knowing the issues with these TJs..no rot through the frame or cracks or holes..rear driver side is the worst of it inside the frame..cleaned it out as best I can drilled some drain holes and coated inside with Eastwood's..hoping for the best.but yea that tank skid was a nightmare to behold..gave the new one a light coat of oil😉

Reactions: RHP61