What did you do to your TJ today?

Tried out some POR-15 for the first time. Cleaned, metal prepped then painted. This stuff is like water, but ends up looking much thicker. This was after one coat:
865AE308-6925-4FFF-A572-731940C9357A.jpeg

A4B8752A-3831-4AB9-8E83-F32C21FA368C.jpeg

This is making it so hard for me to decide between going with a more factory look with Krylon Fusion or textured bed liner!

Today I continued on the removal of the fender flare hardware, hoping to have all of them off tomorrow so I can wash and prep them for paint.

I also ordered these BesTop seat covers in spice to cover my gray seats:

View attachment 171022

I want to see what the spice/camel color looks like in my Jeep so I will know if I want to get the color when I do eventually replace the seats. If the fit is good I will keep them, but it looks pretty sloppy in a lot of the review photos, so I expect to send them back. Does anyone have this style? What do you think?
As said above this post, the textured finish will just stay dirty. If you are looking to make them black and stay that way, there is always the krylon way, and finish them with a matching UV protectant clear coat or two.

My jeep stays "grey" with pollen and road grime. I don't care much, but even though I know the liner paint job is black, i only get to see it after a good rain. lol

Last edited:
This is making it so hard for me to decide between going with a more factory look with Krylon Fusion or textured bed liner!

I think the amount of dirt the bed liner collects is minimal. In this picture, you can see how they collect sand. After driving 50-55mph back to town, it had all blown off. Mud and other debris washes right off as well.
E47569D5-B6A4-472D-B04C-B72DE9C28E4B.jpeg

I have these in grey. The fit is good and they're easy to take on and off. They aren't a tight fit like neoprene or factory but I don't think they look bad, and I'm picky about that kind of stuff. I've actually been eyeballing these very seat covers myself.

Thanks for the review. I will post photos when I get them in and installed. I've thought of a couple of ideas to try to help them fit better if they are a bit loose at the bottom (will share those too). Should have my build thread up this weekend.

Reactions: reddvltj
New rad today. Old one was leaking and while it never overheated, was probably not good to leave on as it was haha. Also got new swaybar endlinks, trans & transfer case fluid changes, that I'll do sometime later this week, and soft top cleaner for the old top I got from a friend that I need to put on.

Then we took it to get some ice cream .

IMG_20200620_105132.jpg

Tried out some POR-15 for the first time. Cleaned, metal prepped then painted. This stuff is like water, but ends up looking much thicker. This was after one coat:
View attachment 171033
View attachment 171034
Looks good. Make sure you scuff it and top coat it. POR15 doesn’t have any UV protection. I painted my frame a few years ago, and the parts in the wheel wells that got exposed to regular sunlight haven’t held up. The parts that weren’t exposed are still doing well.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Looks good. Make sure you scuff it and top coat it. POR15 doesn’t have any UV protection. I painted my frame a few years ago, and the parts in the wheel wells that got exposed to regular sunlight haven’t held up. The parts that weren’t exposed are still doing well.

Luckily I hate the glossy look of it haha the Frame side of the bumper won’t get a top coat but the outside surfaces will. It’ll be sprayed with truck bed coating like the rest of my stuff.