What did you do to your TJ today?

Worked on re-installing viair tank after savvy lift and tuck that po had installed on factory skid. Made a new bracket. I cleaned up the wiring from compressor and switch. one wire had four butt connectors in 2'. Installed longer air lines and the ran into an old style arb bulkhead fitting. Highly recommend ordering a new style without a tiny brass ferrule that was tough to remove and impossible for me to get back on (even though I didnt damage it, as much as I wanted to) The new style omits the ferrule. So... clean wiring, new air lines from compressor to tank, tank to air coupling and solenoid to front locker. Waiting on new arb bulkhead fitting to arrive. Here it is dangling before I removed it pre-tuck. Always seems to be something. What a hobby!
20200609_142602.jpg

Humidity today was about 18% at 8am and 9% at 5pm. I can't take humidity.... I've worked in Florida and I don't know how you guys do it.
I minimize my time outdoors in the daytime. The heat really isn't that bad, the humidity is mostly tolerable, its the damn sun! I wait until it clouds over or late afternoon to do things outside.

Reactions: Blondie70
started getting rid of the rust on the drivers floorpan. The metal is still 100% solid so I definitely caught it in time. I have yet to figure out the leak, but it'll be raining today so I'll go take a sit out there and wait for it to come in! I really should have just pulled the cowl cover to take a look at that yesterday but it was really hot out haha.

I didn't take a full before picture, but this is right after I put the evapo-rust gel on.
IMG_20200712_160427.jpg

After two rounds over 3-4 hours:
IMG_20200712_185519.jpg

I then wire wheeled the rest and it hit it with a rust converter to be doubly safe. I'll be doing the front pans with rustoleum paint on truck liner in the next day or two. I'll probably pull the seats and do the rest of the interior in a few weeks, once it cools down a bit, but I really felt like I should attack this front stuff asap.

Reactions: John Wolf
New shoes for the sands of OBX!!!! Jeep crawls around the sand like a ghost crab, very pleased with all around ride and travel through deep sand. Falken Wildpeak At3w 32x11.50x15. I think they look pretty cool on the old grizzlies too.

View attachment 176473View attachment 176474View attachment 176475
Clean looking Jeep! I'm not a fan of ATs, but it looks great!

p.s. I think it's time to spray those flares with some Krylon fusion black satin. My Jeep came with MTR/K tires when I bought it. I changed everything soon after.
RED RUBI 2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
RUBI 6 6 4.jpg

Last edited:
Clean looking Jeep! I'm not a fan of ATs, but it looks great!

p.s. I think it's time to spray those flares with some Krylon fusion black satin. My Jeep came with MTR/K tires when I bought it. I changed everything soon after.View attachment 176488View attachment 176490
Yep, that looks really good. I sprayed mine with liner 2 years ago, but they were always more gray than black. The only thing is that the faded out look of the flares actually matches all my other crap like rollbar pads, dash, and bumper covers. Guess I'll have to change all that stuff out too lol!!!! I did the ATs mainly cause I'm on the road more than anything else, 3hr drive to the beach, so I wanted the hwy ride. I really wanted the Patagonia's but they done come in 32,11.5,15. Still love the Falkens though. Your Jeep looks awesome!!

Got the wheel spacers and tires installed this morning for vacation next week. Also vacuumed the interior of all the summers sand and gravel bits and wiped down the interior.

I think I need to look into the Krylon fusion black satin paint for my flares... they are rough :) the paint wont cover the gouges and general tree/rock rash but at least they wouldn't be multicolored.

1594656698565.png

I swapped out the OEM fog lights for a pair of JW Speakers. Ever since I switched to LED headlights, I didn't like the contrast between the headlights and the fogs. My current profile pic shows how it looked.

These JW Speakers are meant to be plug and play for JKs. I wanted to hook them up to the stock harness, so I bought a pair of 05-06 fog light connectors from ebay and a pair of H11 female adapters from Amazon to splice together. I bought Truck-Lite rubber units for the housing. Since the lights are PAR36, I was hoping for more aftermarket housing options, but I really couldn't find much. I'm not totally sold on the rubber look, but it'll do for now.

IMG_20200713_094010.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200713090641164_COVER_2.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200713084208145_COVER.jpg

Chasing a weird idling issue when I brake/turn. Drops rpms down to basically zilch and bucks a little bit. All this after new cats, exhaust, o2 sensors (NGK), cleaned iac/throttle body, and cleaned/swapped around a couple troublesome fuel injectors that were causing a check engine light (p0203).

Ordered a new mopar TPS to see if that won’t resolve the periodic

Reactions: Blondie70
HHHHMMMMM....kind of funny. Just noticed my jeep doing the same thing a couple weeks ago.....does not do it all the time. As a matter of fact it only did it the one day and then no more after that. Kind of wondering if this happened to anyone else? I had no check engine tho!!!!

Chasing a weird idling issue when I brake/turn. Drops rpms down to basically zilch and bucks a little bit. All this after new cats, exhaust, o2 sensors (NGK), cleaned iac/throttle body, and cleaned/swapped around a couple troublesome fuel injectors that were causing a check engine light (p0203).

Ordered a new mopar TPS to see if that won’t resolve the periodic
Sounds like fuel delivery to me, especially if you get that in turns/braking when you slosh the fuel around in the tank. Does it do this when full tank, or close to empty worse? I would get a pressure checker from Advance and check fuel pressure at the rail. It's free usually.

Reactions: ParatrooperJeeper
That Teraflex cover didn't interfere with you tie rod at full turn?
Not even close:

128.jpg

Full right.

129.jpg

Full left.

12b.jpg

I'm calling Teraflex's customer service and complain. Damn cover wasn't on the Jeep 12 hours and it managed to crap itself up!

127.jpg

It was just the nearby "bunny trail" that I've been practicing on...

Sounds like fuel delivery to me, especially if you get that in turns/braking when you slosh the fuel around in the tank. Does it do this when full tank, or close to empty worse? I would get a pressure checker from Advance and check fuel pressure at the rail. It's free usually.

This is the first time I’ve heard anyone suggest this, but it makes sense. Gas tank is fuel though, didn’t notice a change at half vs full, if that’s makes a difference. I’ll get the TPS thrown up, because who doesn’t like new parts and follow up with this if I still don’t see an improvement.

Being pretty new to some of this, would the delivery issue be an electron/sensor issue or a physical problem like a blockage in the rail or failing injector?