What did you do to your TJ today?

Today was rust hell...I mean hole... repair day. Came out pretty good for this being my very first attempt at body work and the touch up paint I got from Touch Up Express was a really good match. Their customer service was on point too after my first shipment got destroyed by the USPS.
View attachment 178542View attachment 178543View attachment 178544View attachment 178545View attachment 178546
Be sure to paint it well from the other side too so the bondo does not absorb water and so everything is nice and sealed.

Did my own body work for the first time ever. I’ll eventually get the whole tub repainted, but I found some rust holes after taking my fender flares off. I had the first one I found welded with a patch, but even though it was going to be covered by the new flares, but then I found another one and decided to go the Bondo route instead. I also had some spots where the paint was bubbling. I cleaned them up as best I could to expose the god metal and grind away the rust, and then I patched them with Bondo. It was.... messy lol. But the job got done. I then primed and painted the areas, and added clear coat. I still have to wet sand and polish, and I have a few areas where I was a bit heavy handed with the clear coat, but I don’t think it was too shabby for my first time doing it! Hopefully I can finish up today before work, and then wax it, add on the rocker guards and flares, and a set of matte black American flags that I have been waiting to put on for a while now.
View attachment 178894View attachment 178889View attachment 178890View attachment 178892View attachment 178887View attachment 178888View attachment 178891View attachment 178893

If I had known putting on new fender flares was going to lead to all of this I would have just kept the damn things and painted them with SEM 😂😂
You have possibly already discovered this, but you should not wax new paint for at least two weeks. Before that, it is still soft and the wax it likely to goober it up and, if not, you would be sealing it which would not allow the paint to continue to cure...for a really long time.

Got a new "old school" cell phone holder. Works better than the old stretched out one.:)
jeep cell phone holder.jpg

You have possibly already discovered this, but you should not wax new paint for at least two weeks. Before that, it is still soft and the wax it likely to goober it up and, if not, you would be sealing it which would not allow the paint to continue to cure...for a really long time.

@TJ Hunnicutt where were you 2 days ago? 😂😂 I appreciate the advice, and I’ll keep it in mind if there’s a next time (hopefully there won’t be). I’m not too concerned about it though, it’s a temp fix until I have enough money to pay to have the whole Jeep repainted by a legit auto body shop, but this will do in the meantime. Also it rained buckets right after I waxed it (gotta love hurricane season 😂😭) so all of the wax probably washed away anyway.

we've been riding bikes a lot more this summer & a few weeks ago I borrowed my son's bike rack for a day out with the girlfriend & had a blast. Last weekend we crammed both of our bikes into the hatchback which worked but sucked in a big way, so I ordered a two bike rack version of the 4 banger my son has on Wednesday for $99, the brown truck dropped it off yesterday.

IMG_5543.jpg

popped it on the TJ last night

IMG_5545.jpg

celebrated with an olive oil tomato pie & some coldies :LOL:

IMG_5546.jpg

just went outside & put the bike on, heading to the girlfriend's for a ride around her hood

IMG_5556.jpg
IMG_5557.jpg

man I really need to bang my bumper back into shape & get a new cap on the end, damn rocks always popping up out of the trail

IMG_5558.jpg

we've been riding bikes a lot more this summer & a few weeks ago I borrowed my son's bike rack for a day out with the girlfriend & had a blast. Last weekend we crammed both of our bikes into the hatchback which worked but sucked in a big way, so I ordered a two bike rack version of the 4 banger my son has on Wednesday for $99, the brown truck dropped it off yesterday.

View attachment 179328

popped it on the TJ last night

View attachment 179329

celebrated with an olive oil tomato pie & some coldies :LOL:

View attachment 179330

just went outside & put the bike on, heading to the girlfriend's for a ride around her hood

View attachment 179331View attachment 179332

man I really need to bang my bumper back into shape & get a new cap on the end, damn rocks always popping up out of the trail

View attachment 179333

Many good pictures but where's those coldies?

Changed my oil & filter, added 2 out of state badge of honor decal/badges, cleaned the map sensor manifold nipple, wiped off the IAC plunger & sprayed throttle body cleaner into the idle opening & tightened up the loose bolts at the cat to manifold connection. no more hesitating idle at stop lights/signs anymore (y).

Feels good to be home. From Gypsum to Denver police were thick on I-70. East Colorado, Nebraska & Iowa were my least favorite part of the drive. Illinois was pretty until i got to outskirts of Chicago... Then sitting in stop and go traffic in Indiana on I-94 around Hammond/Gary topped it off. I dont know how people can stand driving that section of road.. It wasnt even rush hour in either trips through the area.

I know its tacky to some but i like them.
IMG_0297.jpg

Changed my oil & filter, added 2 out of state badge of honor decal/badges, cleaned the map sensor manifold nipple, wiped off the IAC plunger & sprayed throttle body cleaner into the idle opening & tightened up the loose bolts at the cat to manifold connection. no more hesitating idle at stop lights/signs anymore (y).

Feels good to be home. From Gypsum to Denver police were thick on I-70. East Colorado, Nebraska & Iowa were my least favorite part of the drive. Illinois was pretty until i got to outskirts of Chicago... Then sitting in stop and go traffic in Indiana on I-94 around Hammond/Gary topped it off. I dont know how people can stand driving that section of road.. It wasnt even rush hour in either trips through the area.

View attachment 179405
I didn’t know those were a thing. Those are pretty cool.

View attachment 179405
IDK if it would be much out of the way but when we go to Dallas we go through Indy and St Louis

IDK if it would be much out of the way but when we go to Dallas we go through Indy and St Louis

Id go around Indiana's i-94 route. Next time i think ill drive a bit further south and take I-30 to save my sanity. the first time i took i-94 i was towing a horse trailer full of junk and it wasnt much more fun towing weight with the idiots not considering stopping time. seen a semi on the way home this time that somehow managed to smash the front hood in while in stop and go traffic through the Gary area.

Reactions: Blondie70
In AZ, Schnebly Trail is the popular one for those badges. Granted, we only have two eligible trails here in the state.

We had 1 here in MI in the furthest north east part of the state on a island but i see they are offering a off road park in development soon within the more populated south east area of MI. The off road park is more of a gimmick to me rather than physically going out to non artificial locations though. but like i said some find it tacky but i enjoy kinda collecting and displaying my trips.

Just got back from a little trail ride around St Helen Michigan. Awesome area, trails were a little washed board and super sandy/dusty but it was a lot of fun. Going to have a lot of cleaning/dusting to do when I get back to Toledo in a few days
View attachment 179173

i made the mistake of driving that with the rear windows off a few months ago... the fine dust up there is nasty.

Several weeks ago, I added a rocker switch down near the parking brake to "enable" the factory fog lite wiring. Today, I added a fog lite inhibit relay - the key must be ON for the fog lites to work. There's something to be said for having the fog lites work independent of the key, but there's also something to be said for not accidentally running one's battery flat because the switch location on the shifter escutcheon with the parking brake pointing right at it *is* conducive to bumping the fog lites on by mistake and not knowing about it.

Removed OE fender flares with intent to paint them. Then changed my mind and gave Quadratec some of my moneyz. Waiting on flat flares, rocker guards and Mopar OEM bumper stubby caps.