What did you do to your TJ today?

Changed the oil and greased the Jeep! Noticed I need to change the front shocks soon as the bottom bushings are shot.
If the shocks are still in good shape, you can get replacement bushings. Of course, if you're jonesing for a new pair of Rancho 5000X's, forget I said that...you should replace those shocks ASAP! ;)
Either way, I'd consider grabbing some bar pin eliminators to keep the new shocks' bushings from crapping out early. I have a set of these on the way and will be posting up my opinion...once I have one.

Reactions: John Cooper
The other day, I found the exact Warn winch mount for my 8274 that Warn made specific to the TJ. The only problem was that it was about 300 miles away in SC. What a man won't do to save a buck. LOL!!

ROAD TRIP. Even though I peeled out at 4am, my daughter wanted to tag along, so of course I was stoked to have her go.

A 16 hour day, with a side excursion to hike at Tallulah Gorge in Georgia, I now have what I need to mount up my winch.

116241542_10223515450342742_4221689009422686143_o.jpg

IMG_9536.JPG
IMG_9478.JPG

The other day, I found the exact Warn winch mount for my 8274 that Warn made specific to the TJ. The only problem was that it was about 300 miles away in SC. What a man won't do to save a buck. LOL!!

ROAD TRIP. Even though I peeled out at 4am, my daughter wanted to tag along, so of course I was stoked to have her go.

A 16 hour day, with a side excursion to hike at Tallulah Gorge in Georgia, I now have what I need to mount up my winch.

View attachment 179487
View attachment 179488View attachment 179489
No better way to take a road trip than with family!!!!! I am still looking for the same winch.

Just got back from my Houghton Lake trip. A Jeep up there is just the perfect vehicle. Though I will admit I ran into a small streak of bad luck with vehicles on this trip.

About a hour into my 3 hour drive home, rocking out to some AC/DC and the cruise control kicked off. When I looked at the dash I noticed the dreaded check engine light was on. I pulled over and tried that code reader trick and I got the P0016 code. That's surprising to me seeing as how I had that problem like 6 months ago and it was supposed to be fixed😑 So off to the shop tomorrow for the LJ
20200726_092629.jpg

But for some positive news is the PCM from Wranglerfix has almost 1200 miles on it without a hiccup and the Falken AT3W tires were great! Now its time for a good cleaning.
20200726_092653.jpg

My other vehicle problem is with my 2017 Silverado. Let my brother drive it to Houghton since we had to haul a lot of stuff up there. Nobody drove it for a few days but when I went to start it I got nothing. Tried jumping it and it fired right up. This has happened once before after having the dealer replace the injectors and they claimed they fixed whatever caused it the one time. Looks like the truck will be going back to dealer soon🤬
20200726_104024.jpg

The saga of the misfire p0203 continues. Insulated the 3rd fuel injector with the recommended product and wrapped the rest of the injectors + fuel rail with the whole DEI Heat Shield kit for the heat issue. Pulled the throttle body again and clean up the IAC (3rd time throttle body has been pulled and inspected/cleaned). Also did a PCM reset but problem persists. New Mopar IAC ordered.

Summary of whats been done - spark plugs 2x, coil pack, all o2 sensors, Mopar TPS, 3rd injector swapped around and insulated along with rest of injectors + fuel rail + shield above manifold, throttle body pulled and cleaned multiple times + new gasket, PCM reset.....and still a p0203, misfire on braking, idle seems inconsistent and a bit unstable. All this started after new 02s, cats, and exhaust were bolted up. If I had to put money down I would say vacuum leak, but IAC is the dark horse fix, Im hoping!

Additional fog lite relay logic. Now that they turn off when the key is turned off, I added a second relay that is switched by the transfer case 4wd sense switch. When shifted into 4wd, the fogs go out...

... and the off road driving lites - yet to be installed - turn on!