What did you do to your TJ today?

View attachment 181586
it was late in evening but Andy and I put on hinges and then lined It up perfectly in a Mexican resturant parking lot... thanks @AndyG for getting these painted.. your guy did awesome ... same exact interior color panel and the doors were from a teal Jeep($350) so painted black and they look brand new!!!
Absolutely Brother

Got a quote today to paint the front of my Jeep. The original owner lived in Texas and the whole front of the Jeep is chipped up from bugs. I covered the grill already. A paint place that's done perfect work matching the paint on my other Jeeps quoted me $608. Grille, fenders, hood, cowl and windshield frame. Hard decision when you're poor.
smile.gif

Rubi paint1.jpg
Rubi paint.jpg
RUBI 6 18 3 (2).jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and mrjp
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Both sides of windshield frame are now painted black. I'm going to let it dry until the weekend and install it. I got a pretty good run on drivers side pillar, and I didn't lay it on quite thick enough on top for the last coat so it's a little splotchy, but I think it's good enough for this old girl.
black_frame.jpg
black_frame2.jpg

I thought mine was OK like that until I actually had to use 4LO and it popped out.
Yea, that's my concern too. The new lever really should have been dog legged forward slightly, although it worked fine on my brief test drive. I'm going to eyeball the thing a bit more, and either file the slot in the plastic a bit longer/higher, or pull the thing and dog leg it.

Picked up a pretty clean oem bumper off Craigslist for 10$ tonight. Gonna have to sand down some surface rust and repaint, but overall it is in great condition.

Also bought a winch / mounting plate this morning so going off road is a bit safer.

Was planning on doing spark plugs and cleaning the iac tonight but thats going to be for another night haha.

Yea, that's my concern too. The new lever really should have been dog legged forward slightly, although it worked fine on my brief test drive. I'm going to eyeball the thing a bit more, and either file the slot in the plastic a bit longer/higher, or pull the thing and dog leg it.

Dog leg it! Dog leg it! Dog leg it! I don't know if it really matters but it seems better than the file option.

I haven’t done anything to my TJ since I did the lift a couple months back 🙁 I’ve been doing so good at not spending money and saving it instead. Which is a good thing, but I want all the things! Especially a Rubi rear 44.

So here’s a couple fun pictures from last week instead. I personally love weaving through forests like this.
378F5769-0C07-4376-B087-5451BF1C6E71.jpeg
6A76B3CB-B242-4764-A52F-E34DA52A4178.jpeg
5B617E70-2CAC-44E6-A50C-2E82E17A3357.jpeg

Found what was rubbing last time we took it out. New catalytic converter pipe was making some contact with the driveshaft yoke when the suspension was compressed. A little pry bar work around the hanger on the transfer case and it’s good to go.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt