What did you do to your TJ today?

Been a while since I've been on here. Have done rear brakes, calipers, front brakes, calipers, the whole 9 yards. All went fairly smoothly.
Also, I've had a chirping sound when pushing in the clutch pedal at idle, so decided to refresh everything in there. Good thing too, as the TOB was real close to failing. Didn't seem as if there was any grease left in the bearing-I could spin it by hand but as soon as I took my hand away it would stop moving--so I got lucky I got to it before it failed. Should note that my (probably stock) clutch and flywheel looked really good for 150k miles.
So anyhow, first time doing the clutch so it takes me 6 or so hours, put everything back together, start her up, put it into reverse and... nothing. I can Rev it but it seems like something isn't engaging. In between cursing and trying to figure out what went wrong or if I somehow put the clutch in backwards, I look down and realize that the T-Case shift lever had somehow found its way into neutral when I was disconnecting and reconnecting the linkage :LOL: So popped it out of that and drove off. The jeep shifts noticeable more smoothly and is noticeably quieter now!
That's a great end to your day!

Last edited:
Finally finished my 1/2 door refurb. Bought them in December. Original color was Green, with a coat of Black and rhino liner on top of that. Interior was Gray. Painted them this weekend in driveway and got back together and installed last night. New mammoth rims arrive Friday. I think we are done....

836D6A35-E37C-47B7-BBDC-A73AF66D7BD4.jpeg

EDE129F1-29FD-4C5A-9024-743C4D709582.jpeg

Finally finished my 1/2 door refurb. Bought them in December. Original color was Green, with a coat of Black and rhino liner on top of that. Interior was Gray. Painted them this weekend in driveway and got back together and installed last night. New mammoth rims arrive Friday. I think we are done....
Looks amazing! What did you do to paint the interior panels?

Before and after, albeit on opposite sides of the Jeep:
161.jpg

Tired of looking at the chipped up door edges. Found some red door edge protector stripping on eBay.
162.jpg

Had to glue the top end down because of the 100 degree angle bend - and did the bottom as well for good measure. The peel and stick seems to be find for the rest of it.

Well, I changed the transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, both diff fluids, sucked out the power steering and clutch reservoir put new in, still need to flush out the clutch res/slave cylinder, fluid looked really bad. Pulled off both steering dampners( prev owner put an extra one on) both were shot, and replaced them with a Fox damper. Enough for today. Oh and replaced rear seat bar links and bushings.

Oooh, ooh, whadjadoo, whadjadoo?!
I delivered his half doors to him and helped install them.... Then bought him dinner so I could talk him into riding me around Guntersville Lake in it.

Somebody really needs to take a look and see what this guy has done for the money he has spent with this Sahara... I met him a year ago and it is a totally different Jeep.

We also found a completely bed lined TJ sitting on a lot.... And it's sort of strange it looks real low mileage mechanically but has been totally coated in bed liner.... Open the hood ... the engine looks like it has never been cranked.

So I look under the front end and I'm like holy cow that's a Dana 44...she's a Rubi.

We've got a message into the guy. Good trail rig.

Last edited:
Before and after, albeit on opposite sides of the Jeep:

Tired of looking at the chipped up door edges. Found some red door edge protector stripping on eBay.

That was among the first things I did to mine. It makes a huge difference.

Reactions: mrjp
Ask @Hog ! I did something , I did something . I'm so proud.
FB4E5091-188B-4D56-850A-644C3453B814.jpeg

it was late in evening but Andy and I put on hinges and then lined It up perfectly in a Mexican resturant parking lot... thanks @AndyG for getting these painted.. your guy did awesome ... same exact interior color panel and the doors were from a teal Jeep($350) so painted black and they look brand new!!!