What did you do to your TJ today?

Slainte Mate !
200.gif

Painted rear bumper finally…one advantage to California is that it was 73 in the middle of February so it was warm enough to do the project. Front bumper and side steps finished months ago but then it got cold ( for here) and had to wait. Also back from transmission shop, hesitation with rpm rev between 2nd and 3rd at 35 mph. He said it was old…like himself, just worn a bit, not ready to rebuild or swap out yet so his tweaking will get me down the road. Looking to do a 2” lift and a little bigger tire next. Just want a beachy daily driver…hubby has the wheeler.
CA952859-6826-41F0-A5EB-6BF401CB7034.jpeg
Before

821C77BC-27AE-4AA5-BE59-1DF39C758369.jpeg

In process. Full coverage, now drying and hardening before reinstalling.

8450FDA4-BF44-4CEA-B545-EA943B330715.jpeg
3A6DCBC1-C653-420D-B6CB-0D9EE1D0B4DB.jpeg

The product I used. Used in the trucking industry. Very hard. Easy to touch up.

Next weekend will install back on Jeep. More pics then.

3rd generation in America from Ireland. Me Great-grandparents left from Galway.
That's awesome...... I'm born in England..my Dad is Welsh, Grandad was Scottish.....and somewhere down the line Irish as well.
So I'm a real mongrel...🐕 haha

Last edited:
I actually found a mopar vaccum harness on Amazon my boot elbows were soft and the purge valves are good usually,I did buy a mopar one,just because it was original.light came back on after it sat overnight,gonna smoke it Tuesday,I’ll take pics
Yep, I knew it was too good to be true, the evap system reset itself overnight and the light came back on. Well it looks like a hunting trip is in store for me today. Oh well, I guess picking up some valentine day crap for the wife will just have to wait. Waiting on her to bring all of my breakfast out to the garage right now anyway.

Check your fuel vapor line too. I had that code intermittently until I replaced mine. The old one was basically more holes than metal and it broke apart in my hand when I removed it. 😅😅
Did you find a factory metal line or use with 132,000 miles. It's never given a problem until I poured water into the gas tank. After they drained the tank and flushed the lines it ran fine again. I just decided it was time and I guess I was right.
Yep, I knew it was too good to be true, the evap system reset itself overnight and the light came back on. Well it looks like a hunting trip is in store for me today. Oh well, I guess picking up some valentine day crap for the wife will just have to wait. Waiting on her to bring all of my breakfast out to the garage right now anyway.
I will do smoke test after work tomorrow and post back

Reactions: Fixer6
Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Reactions: DougyintheBushies
To bad those Mtr not made anymore,maybe goodyear will wake up!
Goodyear went woke a couple years ago. The Problem with corporate wokeness is “go woke, go broke”. So not sure how it’s going to work with the Mtr’s. Might be a while or maybe someone else will make something comparable. The whole woke thing is annoying.