What did you do to your TJ today?

Swapped out my oversprayed old school headlights. PO MJ'd the Jeep (and yeah that's note a woke statement...but it was OEM black until it got Maaco bombed white...looks good when socially distancing or in it's normal state of covered in mud.) Tomorrow I might pull the chrome rings and spray em black...I think this is the only chrome left...

View attachment 309758
200.gif

well I got the Hopkins wiring harness in today, while I was under there running the wires to the front, I found THIS: please tell me this is an easy fix

View attachment 309734
Well, I'm new to Jeeps, TJs, and the 4.0, and I haven't messed with that area on my LJ, yet, so take my advice with more than a grain of salt. On most vehicles I've messed with, that's just a dust cover, it's not sealed. The rear main seal on the engine and the front main seal on the transmission are what keeps "stuff" out of both. If it were mine, I'd loosen the two screws on either side of the bend just enough to allow the cover to "float" under the screws. I'd then take a long screwdriver, place it vertical, handle-side down, just behind that cover and in front of the oil pan, and leverage the cover as flat as I could get it. Then, tighten the screws and call it good. If, because Jeeps are known to be run through mudholes, the engineers put a seal there, disregard what I just wrote. Looking at the parts manual for my 2005 LJ, there is no seal there. Not sure about your 2000...
@Jmac00 are you referring to the cover that bent or the oil droplet? If your referring to the sheet medal cover you can just bend it back in place best you can as @sab suggested. There's no seal on it, it just to keep chunks out of the bell housing. If you're talking about the oil, it's most likely you're valve cover or rear main. Both of which are diy doable in a couple hours if you can use tools.

Reactions: Jmac00
@Jmac00 are you referring to the cover that bent or the oil droplet? If your referring to the sheet medal cover you can just bend it back in place best you can as @sab suggested. There's no seal on it, it just to keep chunks out of the bell housing. If you're talking about the oil, it's most likely you're valve cover or rear main. Both of which are diy doable in a couple hours if you can use tools.
thanx, I can beat the snot out of a piece of sheet metal ;) Im guessing the rear main seal is do-do, I'll wander through the "how to" forum and see what I can dig up

Just got back from dropping the bumper off at the welding shop. The guy there actually remembers me although its been a couple of years since I was last in there. I can't imagine why... ;)
ummmm Were you wearing your "I dream of Genie" outfit ? :unsure:

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t he remember?it’s just your average everyday male belly dancer,he probably sees them all the time!
Pretty much!

But now I'm thinking. Several of my costumes aren't that far different from Barbara Eden's aside from the bra, but I've never done an updo of that kind. I have a "wiglet" to add to my natural hair, add a bit of chiffon and Bob's your uncle!

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t he remember?it’s just your average everyday male belly dancer,he probably sees them all the time!

Are you sure he's just average? I don't know much about male belly dancers but from what I've seen on his website I bet he's pretty far beyond average.

Finally got my new tiedown hooks that I ordered a month ago. Fed-ex lost the first set and I had to file a claim. This set got stuck in Williams Az for 4 days. They sure make securing the tj and other vehicles easy.

View attachment 309292

40-some years ago I was stationed at Williams AFB in Chandler, AZ. It was nowhere even close to Williams, AZ, but about every 3 months or so, our paychecks would end up being delivered to the town of Williams instead of making it to the base. There would be guys waiting outside the post office for the truck from Williams to deliver the misplaced checks to the AFB.

Are you sure he's just average? I don't know much about male belly dancers but from what I've seen on his website I bet he's pretty far beyond average.
I'm not exactly the Goddess's gift to the artform to be honest. I'm somewhere between the top end of "mediocre" and the bottom end of "mere competence". I started way too late in life, blah, blah, blah...

But I have fun! Even teaching a bit:

flyer.jpg

40-some years ago I was stationed at Williams AFB in Chandler, AZ. It was nowhere even close to Williams, AZ, but about every 3 months or so, our paychecks would end up being delivered to the town of Williams instead of making it to the base. There would be guys waiting outside the post office for the truck from Williams to deliver the misplaced checks to the AFB.

Wow, blast from the past. Williams AFB. Aint heard that in years. You would not recognize the place now. Even the GM Proving Grounds has been moved.

Wow, blast from the past. Williams AFB. Aint heard that in years. You would not recognize the place now. Even the GM Proving Grounds has been moved.
Oh, I know. I was in Phx in Dec for a company meeting. Had an afternoon off so I cruised out that direction. Back in the day, there was nothing between Chandler and the base except a light at Gilbert Rd and another one at Higley Rd. It was all fields on both sides of the road. Not now.

Reactions: RINC
Oh, I know. I was in Phx in Dec for a company meeting. Had an afternoon off so I cruised out that direction. Back in the day, there was nothing between Chandler and the base except a light at Gilbert Rd and another one at Higley Rd. It was all fields on both sides of the road. Not now.

Smack dab in the middle of town now.

Well in lieu of a Super 35 e-locker to complete my 4.88 swap... sitting on the rest of the parts... contemplating how to keep my seriously wubba wubbaing when coasting front end in one piece until summer when/if parts should arrive.

Chased down a thought the alignment was causing the issue... looks like an 1/8" with 33s. Could be a tad less but I am crossing off toe.

And yeah...drop pitman arm, rough country stabilizer and pro comp shocks...blame the PO...and I spent all my money on 4.88 parts.

IMG_20220215_164304610.jpg
IMG_20220215_164325708.jpg
IMG_20220215_164349841.jpg
IMG_20220215_164402739.jpg
IMG_20220215_164423873.jpg

Well in lieu of a Super 35 e-locker to complete my 4.88 swap... sitting on the rest of the parts... contemplating how to keep my seriously wubba wubbaing when coasting front end in one piece until summer when/if parts should arrive.

Chased down a thought the alignment was causing the issue... looks like an 1/8" with 33s. Could be a tad less but I am crossing off toe.

And yeah...drop pitman arm, rough country stabilizer and pro comp shocks...blame the PO...and I spent all my money on 4.88 parts.

View attachment 309944View attachment 309945View attachment 309946View attachment 309947View attachment 309948
Ok, who makes that toe bracket????????