What did you do to your TJ today?

@Zorba I wish I could make your 12:30 class but I'm already signed up for Bianca's 10:00 am
That's OK - Bianca's is over at 12:00 - you can take both! ;)

That is, of course, if Bianca doesn't chew you up and spit you out like she did to me in last nite's class - and EVERY class I've ever taken with her. VERY high energy, her Tuesday nite class is brutal...

Savvy cable shifter kit came in, but I was sent the 231 version and not the 241 I ordered. Bummer

PXL_20220216_175808775.MP.jpg

Not sure why I'm so happy with this, but I am. Had an extra fog light switch wired up to be able to disable the dome light when the doors are off but I realized I use it so rarely it doesn't really warrant a spot on the dash. Rigged up a new switch for that behind the glove box and converted the existing OEM switch into this:

PXL_20220216_204438174.jpg

PXL_20220216_204449875.jpg

I used a relay and manually power the reverse circuit (back at the light). This not only lets me see behind me anytime (not just in reverse) but also lights things up. I discovered how much I wanted this pulling people out of ditches on snowy nights when I needed to keep an eye on the slack in the tow strap.

I used an OEM fog light switch and swapped the cover with one of those Gold Coast switches. Had to strategically add a little black paint inside the switch cover up keep the running light illumination from lighting up the "on" light.

Last edited:
Not sure why I'm so happy with this, but I am. Had an extra fog light switch wired up to be able to disable the dome light when the doors are off but I realized I use it so rarely it doesn't really warrant a spot on the dash. Rigged up a new switch for that behind the glove box and converted the existing OEM switch into this:

View attachment 310146

View attachment 310147

I used a relay and manually power the reverse circuit (back at the light). This not only lets me see behind me anytime (not just in reverse) but also lights things up. I discovered how much I wanted this pulling people out of ditches on snowy nights when I needed to keep an eye on the slack in the tow strap.

I used an OEM fog light switch and swapped the cover with one of those Gold Coast switches. Had to strategically add a little black paint inside the switch cover up keep the running light illumination from lighting up the "on" light.
That is a great idea! However, if you have passengers, DO NOT forget to flip the switch when using the "restroom" LOL. Please don't ask why I recommend this.

Is the navigation from your phone or GPS connected to the deck?

Man im suffering more than Elizabeth Taylor. My wife is so unreasonable that I can only have 2 and my Genright TJ to Lj kit isn’t here yet. Now I’m all sad.. It makes a tear run down my leg.
Please let me know what you end up doing with the seam where the two tubs come together. I can’t get a straight answer from genright on how it turns out.

Reactions: John Cooper