What did you do to your TJ today?

Prepped for warmer weather - removed the hardtop, dropped on the soft one, put on the new vinyl-wrapped half doors with new cloth uppers, and finally got that barricade bumper on properly.

Only problem now is the back window won't close - the boxes that hold the pulls on have all fallen off, the pulls are gone, and the new ones I ordered off amazon won't zip the teeth together. So now I have a perfectly good top, and perfectly good back window, and no way to marry them. Am I SOL?

IMG-3463.jpg

IMG-3465.jpg

IMG-3466.jpg

IMG-3467.jpg

Snugged the frontbsway bar arms down after replacing them

View attachment 317648
That’s an interesting setup that I have not seen before. The limited glimpse of the rig is enticing - you should start a thread as I’d love to see more.

Last edited:
Prepped for warmer weather - removed the hardtop, dropped on the soft one, put on the new vinyl-wrapped half doors with new cloth uppers, and finally got that barricade bumper on properly.

Only problem now is the back window won't close - the boxes that hold the pulls on have all fallen off, the pulls are gone, and the new ones I ordered off amazon won't zip the teeth together. So now I have a perfectly good top, and perfectly good back window, and no way to marry them. Am I SOL?

View attachment 317659

View attachment 317660

View attachment 317661

View attachment 317662
Ugh that sucks, you might be able to find pulls that fit into the zippers on the top side.

Replaced the cowl screws after tacking the passenger wiper stud to the armature yesterday.

Called Jeep Hardware... they'll have the correct stuff by June...has to be specially manufactured. I suggested a cowl rebuild kit...screws, speed nuts, rubber piece between the hood and an optional pod filter adapter for a cabin air filter...and suggested they source and carry the wiper studs instead of resorting to replacing the entire $250 armature or resorting to tack welds.

Here's what I got too from my local Ace... technically Wilco Farm Store...Hillman parts. 7 x #10 stainless screws with white heads...no torx anywhere in sight. And 3 x 10x1/2x3/4 speed nuts. For my 97.

IMG_20220323_134049310_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220323_123505900.jpg
IMG_20220323_122949253.jpg

-Mac

That’s an interesting setup Tat I have not seen before. The limited glimpse of the rig is enticing - you should start a thread as I’d love to see more.
Thank you, I should start one. I had the rig built and am now just maintaining and smaller projects on it. And wheeling when I can.
That hood/fender combo 👌
so good
Thank you!