What did you do to your TJ today?

View attachment 317750
Got my soft top on the other day too! Got a new bestop to replace my crappy old one this year. I’ve seen some preventative care done to new soft tops, anything anyone recommends as important to do?
I just bought the Bestop kit which includes a cleaner, protectant & a lube for the zippers. I got it at my local 4 Wheel Parts store. ‘Good products!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
My top sealant didn't work at all after the 2" of rain. With the recent Bestop fitment issues and inflated price, I had to order a low budget ($269) soft top. Went with the Sierra Offroad TRILOGY Acoustic Vinyl. Top is a 45oz heavy weight two ply composite. TRILOGY Acoustic Vinyl was shown to significantly reduce interior noise.

p.s. We shall see soon enough. 3 year warranty and no LOGO. :)

Last edited:
Installed a B&M sport shifter. No more sitting on the center console to reach 5th. 😁
20220323_124359.jpg

Fixed the AC only blowing out of the defroster vents and not the front. Found the vacuum hose on the drivers side of the engine was completely off. Easy fix.

Also finally hooked the mic up for my Kenwood Excelon KMM-X704. I'll prolly never use it. But its there and mounted and wires ran and hid.

Also finally hooked the mic up for my Kenwood Excelon KMM-X704. I'll prolly never use it. But its there and mounted and wires ran and hid.
I installed a new JVC in the old MBZ about 6 years ago. Does bluetooth, has a mic, etc. Installed all of it, and have yet to pair my (flip) phone to it. It would work fine, I just don't care enough to bother and I really don't want to talk on the phone while driving anyway.

Picked up my beast from Adams Driveshaft. SYE and rear driveshaft.
Luckily I live in Vegas, so it was super convenient.
Price was awesome. Labor was reasonable. Shouldn't have waited so long to get it done.
Highly recommend that crew.

I installed a new JVC in the old MBZ about 6 years ago. Does bluetooth, has a mic, etc. Installed all of it, and have yet to pair my (flip) phone to it. It would work fine, I just don't care enough to bother and I really don't want to talk on the phone while driving anyway.
This is a media player only. Unless you like HD Radio which is pretty good on it, you have to connect something. Youtube Music has and does every thing I want/need. Bluetooth connectivity is flawless. I don't have to do any thing walking to or away from the jeep and back for it to connect etc...

Now when I need to call Wallyworld to tell them Im waiting for my grocery pickup I don't have to fumble with the phone and turn off blue tooth because I forgot the call connected to the stereo and I hear HELLO? HELLO? HELLO? click! through the speakers.

This is a media player only. Unless you like HD Radio which is pretty good on it, you have to connect something. Youtube Music has and does every thing I want/need. Bluetooth connectivity is flawless. I don't have to do any thing walking to or away from the jeep and back for it to connect etc...

Now when I need to call Wallyworld to tell them Im waiting for my grocery pickup I don't have to fumble with the phone and turn off blue tooth because I forgot the call connected to the stereo and I hear HELLO? HELLO? HELLO? click! through the speakers.
The Benz has a CD player, as does the Fiat. But both have a USB port so I just plug a geek stick into and call it good. The Jeep doesn't have a CD player for the above reason. I just plug a geek stick in and life is good!

What does the rest of the frame look like? Can that even be repaired?
I had it at a shop 2 months ago for exhaust work. They pointed out and quoted the frame repair. I've got it scheduled to be repaired next week. I'm assuming they'll do full length caps on both sides. The other side at the rear LCA mount is crusty looking but not quite this bad. The rails where the skid mounts are pretty crusty looking too.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Replaced the two rear wheel cylinders, swapped a front long side axle shaft and now I’m about to head to summit racing to pick up a motive power bleeder to bleed the brakes and I’ll be all ready to go for Windrock.

Waiting for parts...so I decided to crack open the cowl and fix my wiper issue... passenger side had about 30 degrees of slop. Whipped out the big blue glue gun and put a fat tack and fixed it.

Now I need to find new screws, speed nuts, rig a cabin air filter and replace the rubber seal. Too bad nobody sells a package.

Also tested my oil pressure fixes...fail... probably worse...drove about 5 miles to warm up the engine (yesterday I did rear main, oil pump, pickup and pan seal) and as soon as I went to idle it dropped to zero and check gauges chimed. Then it wouldn't pick back up to 40...hard bumps and whipping the Jeep left around hairpin turns would get it back. Pulled the sensor...oil inside the new wire plug...ordered a dial gauge and one recommended on Amazon from previous posts. No lifter noise. Engine is healthy-ish. If the dial gauge shows zero I'm dropping the pan and replacing the crank bearings.

-MacView attachment 317611View attachment 317612
I thought about that too,with my asthma but changing that thing would really SUCK

• Sad
Reactions: TheBoogieman