What did you do to your TJ today?

What's with all the fasteners across the top of the windshield frame?
Po bs for a bikini top which I don’t do. It’s on the list. But the idiot riveted them. It’ll have to be drilled bondoed wet sanded primed and paint. That’s at the bottum of the list ☹️ Doesn’t bother me anymore really. It’s all about wheeling over here.

My Jeep had one in it when I got it. They’re pretty nice. Solid, firm shifts.
B&M have been making great stuff for years.... I grew up watching hot rod and drag racers using their gear.
I just never knew that they made them for TJ's......Looks like a very simple upgrade too

Reactions: TheBoogieman
B&M have been making great stuff for years.... I grew up watching hot rod and drag racers using their gear.
I just never knew that they made them for TJ's......Looks like a very simple upgrade too
Don’t they make an auto one now?

Replaced my power steering pressure switch/ sensor. It had been leaking for a while, nothing major but enough to always keep the connection wet with PS fluid. I tried replacing the o ring but it still kept oozing. I went with the standard motor products brand and so far so good.

Reactions: CV04TJR
I had it at a shop 2 months ago for exhaust work. They pointed out and quoted the frame repair. I've got it scheduled to be repaired next week. I'm assuming they'll do full length caps on both sides. The other side at the rear LCA mount is crusty looking but not quite this bad. The rails where the skid mounts are pretty crusty looking too.
I’m about to do mine in the back yard. I bought the center skid caps and the rear trailing arms and pieces for the body mounts under the rockers. Just waiting for a nice couple days off to get it all measured and cut and get the inside of the frame as cleaned out as possible. Just ordered a floor pan for the driver’s side to weld in too.

I rewired the aux lights that were previously wired with wires that were too low of gauge to support the lights. It worked out well, and was my first time running wires through the firewall and making a switch spot. I actually blew two 5amp fuses that were inline, and then realized that the wiring harness I was using could support up to 30amp. I used a 20amp. That solved the problem and the lights work... woohoo!!

Only problem is I removed the prior mystery wiring and... my dash's backlight no longer works :/ I located what I thought was the fuse for it but no looks good. I took out the dash to see if maybe the wiring harness at the rear of the dash wasn't in all the way or something... it seemed fine.

I'm not really sure where I should look next. Any clues? All other lights on dash work, with exception of the back lighting. Any help is appreciated :)

Reactions: TJ Starting
Took delivery of my dirtworx bumper and tire carrier. Had him do a hands free latch and some inserts for my rigid industries reverse lights. If time allows, paint is coming this weekend! B72C37E1-5D07-443D-A6F9-83CBB704F9CA.jpegF8A8C770-C6B4-4770-AABF-889A55E7EC33.jpeg

Just one photo so far. I'll try to get a few more.View attachment 317944
I have to agree with Fonz54 about the condition of the frame in other areas...
IF that control arm mount is an indication of the condition of the frame;
DO NOT DRIVE THE JEEP until the frame is thoroughly inspected and Safety Caps are welded in....

I had it at a shop 2 months ago for exhaust work. They pointed out and quoted the frame repair. I've got it scheduled to be repaired next week. I'm assuming they'll do full length caps on both sides. The other side at the rear LCA mount is crusty looking but not quite this bad. The rails where the skid mounts are pretty crusty looking too.
Good luck hope it all works out.

Reactions: joelachr
I’m about to do mine in the back yard. I bought the center skid caps and the rear trailing arms and pieces for the body mounts under the rockers. Just waiting for a nice couple days off to get it all measured and cut and get the inside of the frame as cleaned out as possible. Just ordered a floor pan for the driver’s side to weld in too.
Hopefully yours and mine both turn out well. (y)