What did you do to your TJ today?

Unless he was there with you cleaning that mess up I would be going with ex-buddy! 😉

Haha I hear ya.

He’s a dog park friend that hasn’t the faintest idea about vehicles.

He actually drove separate and got in the Jeep so the dogs could play while I was ordering food.

He felt awful and tried to help. He doesn’t clean to my level but he tried. He brought towels which was super helpful bc I used all of mine up part way though the process.

Basically, he just felt horrible and was surprised that I didn’t get angry. (I had more important things to focus on if that makes sense).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
I need to tell folks who can truly appreciate this.

The other night, I grabbed some burritos and a drink for my buddy and me to eat outside of a taco shop. I told him I didn't have time to hang out because I had to prepare for a tax-policy presentation for my class the next day.

He got in my jeep with a 32 oz horchata drink (rice-milk drink that tastes like cinnamon toast crunch milk). This was the first time I had heard of the drink, but I'll probably always fucking hate that drink.

——> He dumped all of his drink on top and into my shifter area (it even got into my transmission gauge). It was on my seats, seat bases, and mostly under my flooring and inside of my shifter area.

I removed the interior, flushed the jeep MANY times, cleaned many things, then reinstalled the interior around 6 am. Went to sleep for a bit and then went to class and didn't do the presentation.

That's it. Thanks for listening. (KILL)
Not jeep related but...remember back in the day when mcdonalds offered soft drinks in giant size? They must have been half a gallon lol..I had a nice mustang and managed to dump the entire thing on the passenger side floor/seat/door panel etc. I was so pissed I mopped it up the best I could and sold it lol

Not jeep related but...remember back in the day when mcdonalds offered soft drinks in giant size? They must have been half a gallon lol..I had a nice mustang and managed to dump the entire thing on the passenger side floor/seat/door panel etc. I was so pissed I mopped it up the best I could and sold it lol
KEEP YOUR HANDS IN SIGHT AT ALL TIMES, MOVE SLOWLY, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BIG GULP!

After yesterdays run I came up with a great idea. I removed my mirrors and I’m cleaning up the components reinstall with anti seize. So when I get to the trail head I’m gonna jump out and just remove them. Shazaam. No more pulling them in. A piece of foam under my spare. Boom squeak gone. And a few more bungees to hold windows when I pull em and other crap my wife volunteers me to bring. No squeak tj over here. Except an occasional control arm grommet. Silicon handles that for now. Winning like Charlie sheen. 😂

49C1A9BD-185B-49AB-83AD-C0C7B13D5D59.jpeg

9084AFE7-1189-4FF3-9C2A-5F3F9B6DCCF0.jpeg

Last edited:
After yesterdays run I came up with a great idea. I removed my mirrors and I’m cleaning up the components reinstall with anti seize. So when I get to the trail head I’m gonna jump out and just remove them. Shazaam. No more pulling them in. A piece of foam under my spare. Boom squeak gone. And a few more bungees to hold windows when I pull em and other crap my wife volunteers me to bring. No squeak tj over here. Except an occasional control arm grommet. Silicon handles that for now. Winning like Charlie sheen. 😂

View attachment 318653

View attachment 318654
Got busted out by the grammar police. That better? 🤣

When I bought my Jeep it had aftermarket seats that must be wider than factory, because I couldn't use the drink holders. The seats were too wide to fit a drink. I spent time thinking of building a drink holder, even looked at gimmicks on ebay. Today I was looking at my junk pieces of wood, when I came across a small, nice looking piece of birch?? There was not enough to build a drink box, so I came up with this: I removed the factory rubber drink holder insert, mounted it to the piece of birch, and mounted it in the Jeep with 3M double face tape. Eventually I will cover the birch with a piece of black Naugahyde. I had some pieces stamped in a gator back pattern but they were too small. Reckon you can tell I don't throw away much. Total cost of new drink holder project....ZERO. That's the best part. I realize I can't use my emergency brake, but I seldom use it.

After:
Drink Holder after.jpg

Before:
Drink Holder before.jpg

Installed the hand throttle I've had in the parts bin for a year, then decided it was due for a full interior detail including removal of the 5 billion dog hairs left in the carpet by the previous owner.

PXL_20220327_232355415.jpg

If you have the same dog hair problem, the best way I found was to wear a nitrile glove and rub the carpet vigorously until my hand couldn't take the heat. That seems to pull the hairs loose from being embedded in the carpet, and after that the shop vac would pull them in. Full removal required multiple repeats of the process. I've been at it for about 3 hours....the first time I haven't been glad to have that extra 15" of tub length.

Installed the hand throttle I've had in the parts bin for a year, then decided it was due for a full interior detail including removal of the 5 billion dog hairs left in the carpet by the previous owner.

View attachment 318753

If you have the same dog hair problem, the best way I found was to wear a nitrile glove and rub the carpet vigorously until my hand couldn't take the heat. That seems to pull the hairs loose from being embedded in the carpet, and after that the shop vac would pull them in. Full removal required multiple repeats of the process. I've been at it for about 3 hours....the first time I haven't been glad to have that extra 15" of tub length.
That’s cool so you can be in 4low 1 and micro adjust the throttle looks like. Never seen that. So maybe when your lopping over stuff feathering breaking, you can apply a bit more gas via that reducing the chances of killing it maybe?

That’s cool so you can be in 4low 1 and micro adjust the throttle looks like. Never seen that. So maybe when your lopping over stuff feathering breaking, you can apply a bit more gas via that reducing the chances of killing it maybe?
some have pieced together their own hand throttle set up with bike parts but you can buy an off-the-shelf kit as well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CI42U3G/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I alllmost got that one. Very nice. I got the Crusher, painted it today.

View attachment 318762

View attachment 318764
Nice!

I was looking at the crusher as well. Just wasn't sure if the winged profile would work out as well for my build so I played it safe. I like how the winch nestles in with the built-in fairlead mount on the crusher.

Heads up: The bottom bolt holes didn't line up so I dremeled them to clear the bolts. Not a huge deal, but hopefully you don't have that issue.

Reactions: SouthernLJ