What did you do to your TJ today?

Flat black on the frame. Looks nice!
C03A4952-158A-49BF-BE84-0125AA6AB1D5.jpeg

Make your tool for installing the nutsert according to @mrblaine ’s instructions. Anti-seize on the threads inside the nutsert.
87F40242-CAF8-4198-96A4-B6E203366CA8.jpeg

Follow the instructions to crush nutsert to 40-50ft/lbs. I crushed to 45.
461C5EF8-512C-4AB5-9AC9-8317B036878A.jpeg

Worked great. Snazzy.
82E6368A-A8C5-420D-9566-A39AE71A2A3E.jpeg

Ready to try to line skid plate back up and hit the road! Thanks @mrblaine for making an excellent product with good instructions and lip balm!

Little trouble lining up skid plate transmission bolts, but got it with a little help.
00DD3766-B3C8-418E-B072-A610B6028FFB.jpeg

Torqued down everything. Good to go! That’s ^^ the help
E03EA0F7-3B6F-4BC9-A65B-7D601E10BB26.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 25563
Make your tool for installing the nutsert according to @mrblaine ’s instructions. Anti-seize on the threads inside the nutsert.
View attachment 25562

View attachment 25564
Worked great. Snazzy.
View attachment 25565

Ready to try to line skid plate back up and hit the road! Thanks @mrblaine for making an excellent product with good instructions and lip balm!
Great work!!

Reactions: JMT
View attachment 25563
View attachment 25562

View attachment 25564
Worked great. Snazzy.
View attachment 25565

Little trouble lining up skid plate transmission bolts, but got it with a little help.
View attachment 25569
Torqued down everything. Good to go! That’s ^^ the help
View attachment 25570
I prefer Krylon Semi-Flat. It has the same level of gloss as the factory paint does and not hold dirt like the flat paints do. You're welcome for the nutsert stuff, even the lip balm. ;)

You may find the lip balm a bit odd, but we've given away mugs, hats, stickers, gloves and a few other things. Nothing has generated as much commentary to keep us remembered as the lip balm.

f63e4211313bf487c5cc575c944ab821.jpg

Here is a prime example of if you want something done right, do it yourself. I have lifetime alignment and tire balancing from Firestone so I took the LJ to them after my recent wheeling trip. After about 50 or so miles of driving I open the shop today and see this. Yes I know I know I can do my own alignment, but I’d rather them do it. The clamp on the tie rod was also NOT torqued to spec. Smh.

I prefer Krylon Semi-Flat. It has the same level of gloss as the factory paint does and not hold dirt like the flat paints do. You're welcome for the nutsert stuff, even the lip balm. ;)

You may find the lip balm a bit odd, but we've given away mugs, hats, stickers, gloves and a few other things. Nothing has generated as much commentary to keep us remembered as the lip balm.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll pick up some Krylon Semi Flat for the frame when I replace the skid this Jan-Feb. Here’s to lip balm. :beer-toast1: It actually saved my 8 year old daughters lips on a wheelin Trip. She kept asking for lip balm and I’d say, sorry, then it hit me, I think I put the orange crush stuff in here. Sure enough. Smiles all around after that!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
View attachment 25572
Here is a prime example of if you want something done right, do it yourself. I have lifetime alignment and tire balancing from Firestone so I took the LJ to them after my recent wheeling trip. After about 50 or so miles of driving I open the shop today and see this. Yes I know I know I can do my own alignment, but I’d rather them do it. The clamp on the tie rod was also NOT torqued to spec. Smh.

How do you feel now?

Just ordered mine but sadly 575 still a good deal with rebate.
Too bad you missed out on the $517 deal, you had to pull the trigger fast on that one because I think it was a mistake. $575 is still a good buy with the rebate.
Yeah @ac_, you probably should re-do your order. I thought everyone used JF for coupons. The winch is always available at $517.50 from Northridge 4x4, with the added holiday benefit of the $75.00 rebate!

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 6.16.59 PM.png

Sometimes northridge does an automatic discount on all eligible products which is basically an already applied coupon code. Trust me I’ve looked at that winch for over a year from them, I know whats going on over there ;).

Glad I lucked out then. I didn't even think of trying coupon codes, but I'll remember for the next time.

Any magic measurements to get the axle centered or just eyeball it?View attachment 25620
What changes have you made? How much lift? The trackbar centers the axle. You’ll need an adjustable trackbar like the Metalcloak or JKS or Currie for the front and one for the rear too, or possibly a trackbar relocation bracket