What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the headlights with some knockoff led trucklites. Big difference, and only like $120. Love it
7d639b01e7031db6fa07b61ddc7a6698.jpg

My Jeeps heat was horrible, it never got more than luke-warm and its freezing outside!

I did a back flush of my Heater Core and it completely solved the problem today. Took about 30 minutes (for a first timer) and got a ton of dirty stuff out of there. This was super easy maintenance and a good idea to get it in before winter.

My heat is now so hot I do not need to have it running all the time. Very happy.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Installed Rancho RS5000X shocks on the front and replaced my leaking radiator with a Mopar replacement. Make sure you run the self tapping fan shroud screws into the radiator before installing it. Room is tight and tough to get them started.

Reactions: JMT
Nice! How was the ride home on the new shocks?

I definitely noticed an improvement in ride on the way home. The OME shocks were plum wore out, so I think anything would have been an improvement. I'll hold my final judgement until I put a few miles on them.

Well I didn't do it today, but I did do it yesterday. I installed and wired in a USB phone charger with a voltmeter installed on my auxiliary battery. It looks weird because I took the picture before I wrestled the carpet back in place.

View attachment 25313
How hard is that to do? ... (get it working I mean) I find electrics difficult so anything more than plugging in an extension cord worries me haha

How hard is that to do? ... (get it working I mean) I find electrics difficult so anything more than plugging in an extension cord worries me haha

It was really easy. There are only two connectors on the back. Positive and negative. I have mine wired to a stock after-market switch on the dash because as long as it has power the volt meter is on and I wanted a way to turn it off when I am way from the vehicle but I also wanted it to be able to function while the key is off but I am still around the vehicle like say if I am camping or sitting around a camp fire and I want to charge my ipad.

You could hook it up to key power or battery power, but mine is hooked up through a fuse to a switch to the USB charger. So that way as long as my switch is on I have power and I can always see what my second battery voltage is. This will be good when I get my winch installed. I would be more than happy to help you if you wanted this too.

Basically I have a power wire running from the battery to a switch. then a power wire coming from the switch to the power on the USB charger, then the charger is grounded. That is it. If you don't want to run from your battery you can run it from your key power so it is on when your vehicle is running. Not my choice, or you can run it from your fuse box since you don't have two batteries yet and just have power on all of the time but run it through a switch to turn it off.

BTW, the switch above in the picture is the dual battery isolator switch nothing to do with the USB in the picture.

clear as mud?

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and Kiwi TJ
It was really easy. There are only two connectors on the back. Positive and negative. I have mine wired to a stock aftermarket switch on the dash because as long as it has power the volt meter is one and I wanted a way to turn it off when I am way from the vehicle but I also wanted it to be able to function while the key is off but I am still around the vehicle like say if I am camping or sitting around a camp fire and I want to charge my ipad.

You could hook it up to key power or battery power, but mine is hooked up through a fuse to a switch to the usb charger. So that way as long as my switch is on I have power and I can always see what my second battery voltage is. This will be good when I get my winch installed. I would be more than happy to help you if you wanted this too.

Bascially I have a power wire running from the battery to a switch. then a power wire coming from the switch to the power on the usb charger, then the charger is grounded. That is it. If you don't want to run from your battery you can run it from your key power so it is on when your vehicle is running. Not my choice, or you can run it from your fuse box since you don't have two batteries yet and just have power on all of the time but run it through a switch to turn it off.

BTW, the switch above in the picture is the dual battery isolator switch nothing to do with the USB in the picture.

clear as mud?
Cool thanks for that...seems easy enough :confused: haha seriously though, I like the idea of being able to switch it on and off without the ignition being on.
My kids are always complaining that there is no place to charge there phones etc...This will keep them happy...(for about a week ) haha

Cool thanks for that...seems easy enough :confused: haha seriously though, I like the idea of being able to switch it on and off without the ignition being on.
My kids are always complaining that there is no place to charge there phones etc...This will keep them happy...(for about a week ) haha

Here is the link to the actual part I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LVP5KK/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Not sure how that translates to New Zealand.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
It is. The penguin, not so much.:)

Can you tell me what you did with the d-rings? I like the spacers you used, and would like to do that, only not red, you know...
While we are on the subject....Penguin???? (Do you like fish, maybe ?) ;)

Reactions: ac_
Had fun in the LJ yesterday at Adventure Off-road Park.. beat the crap out of my gas tank skid and pushed my jeep a lot further than I have in the past without breaking anything.
c4f4514f8cd69b126a0b01f2ea85f367.jpg

7f7ca38ea68b51d2582d2a0225787b7f.jpg

Let my wife drive down the mountain [emoji51]
01d8458b4ecc3ee3b57065464fda8291.jpg

This LJ was up from the Miami area.. had a 5.3 Vortec under the hood.... I can’t picture a better looking jeep imo.